UCO Bank Placement Paper Whole Testpaper Kolkata-5 Nov 2010
1. How many three letter meaningful words can be formed from the word TEAR beginning with ?A? and without repeating any letter within that word ?(A) One (B) Three(C) Five (D) Two(E) None of these
2. If the letters of the word ARROGANCE are interchanged, first and fifth, second and sixth, third and seventh, fourth and eighth and the position of the ninth remains unchanged then what will the new arrangement of letters be ?(A) GANACRROE (B) GANCRAROE(C) GNACORRAE (D) GANCARROE(E) None of these
3. ?Army? is related to ?Soldier? in the same way as ?School? is related to which of the following ?(A) Peon (B) Principal(C) Class (D) Watchman(E) Student
4. Sachin and Vinod want to visit the museum after their exams. Sachin?s exams finish on 9th April and he is leaving for a holiday on 12th April. Vinod?s exams will be over by 10th April after which he is free. On which of the following dates can the two definitely meet ?(A) 10th April(B) Either 10th or 11th April(C) 12th April(D) Either 11th or 12th April(E) None of these
5. In a certain code CHANDIGARH is written as DNAHCHRAGI. How is SIKKIM written in that code ?(A) TJKJKM (B) TJLLJN(C) MIKKIS (D) KISMIK(E) None of these
6. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and hence form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that group ?(A) Kitten (B) Goat(C) Calf (D) Foal(E) Lamb
7. In a certain code language ?do re me? means ?he is late?, ?fa me la? means ?she is early? and ?so ti do? means ?he leaves soon?. Which word in that language means ?late? ?(A) la (B) do(C) me (D) Data inadequate(E) None of these
8. Deepika tells Shraddha ?Your mother?s father?s son is the husband of my sister?. How is Deepika related to Shraddha ?(A) Sister-in-law (B) Cousin(C) Aunt (D) Data inadequate(E) None of these
9. If ?+? means ?÷?, ?÷? means ?×?, ?×? means ??? and ?? ? means ?+?, what will be the value of the followingexpression ?15 ÷ 5 × 9 + 3 ? 6(A) 78 (B) 72(C) 28 (D) 30(E) None of these
10. If ?A? is substituted by 1, ?B? by 2 and so on upto ?Z? which is substituted by 26, what will be the sum of the numbers substituted for the word DECAY ?(A) 38 (B) 41(C) 40 (D) 37(E) None of these
11. Among five friends Mahesh is taller than Karan but not Yash. Hirthik is taller than Yash but not Abhishek. If they stand in increasing order of their heights, who will be first in line ?(A) Abhishek (B) Yash(C) Karan (D) Data inadequate(E) None of these
12. If ?table? is called ?chair?, chair is called ?cupboard? ?cupboard? is called ?chalk?, ?chalk? is called ?book?, book is called ?duster? and ?duster? is called ?table?, what does the teacher use to write on the black-board ?(A) Book (B) Cupboard(C) Table (D) Duster(E) None of these
13. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and hence form a group, which is the one that does not belong to that group ?(A) Bucket (B) Tap(C) Bottle (D) Glass(E) Pitcher
14. D is A?s son, C is the mother of P and wife of D. How is A related to C ?(A) Father (B) Uncle(C) Father-in-law (D) Data inadequate(E) None of these
15. If E is coded as V, D is coded as Q, N is coded as Z, G is coded as T, R is coded as I and A is coded as M, which of the following will be the correct form of the word DANGER ?(A) QMZTIV (B) QMZTVI(C) QMZITV (D) QZMTVI(E) None of these
16. Sushil lives to the North of Rajesh who lives to the West of Kamlesh. Arun who lives to the South of Sushil will have his house in which direction with respect to Kamlesh ?(A) North-West (B) North(C) South-West(D) Cannot be determined(E) None of these
17. If all the letters in the word ARGUMENT are rearranged in alphabetical order and substituted by the letter immediately following it in the English alphabet what will be the new arrangement of letters ?(A) BFHNOSUV (B) BFHONSWV(C) BFHNOUSV (D) BFHNOQUV(E) None of these
18. Which of the following pairs have the same relationship as OFTEN : FOTNE ?(A) HEART : TRAHE (B) OPENS : SNEOP(C) RISKY : IRSYK (D) FIRST : IFRST(E) None of these
19. How many pairs of letters are there in the word DELUSION which have as many letters between them in the word as there are in the English alphabet ?(A) None (B) One(C) Two (D) Three(E) None of these
20. Of the two subjects offered to a class in their final year, 32 students in all are studying psychology while a total of 26 students are studying sociology. If 16 students have opted to specialize in both, what is the strength of the class ?(A) 74 (B) 58(C) 42 (D) Data inadequate(E) None of these
Directions?(Q. 21?25) Study the following arrangement and answer the questions given below?Q E * P M 8 R A @ C 9 U H W # J Z S b Y N 5 $ G 1 T
21. How many such vowels are there in the above arrangement each of which is immediately followed by a symbol ?(A) None (B) One(C) Three (D) More than three(E) None of these
22. What should come in place of the question mark(?) in the following series based on the above arrangement ?Q P @ M A H @ U Z ?(A) H#Y (B) WZY(C) HJN (D) 9#S(E) None of these
23. Which of the following is eighth to the right of the thirteenth element from the left end of the arrangement ?(A) M (B) N(C) 5 (D) 8(E) None of these
24. Which of the following is exactly in the middle between the twelfth from the right and the seventh from the left end ?(A) J (B) #(C) U (D) 9(E) None of these
25. If the first element in the above arrangement exchanges its position with the element in the 26th position and the second with the one in the 25th position and so on, which of the following will be in the tenth position from the left afterrearrangement ?(A) Z (B) M(C) C (D) 5(E) None of these
Directions?(Q. 26?30) Read the following information and answer the questions given below? Seven managers Sharma, Mishra, Singh, Kulkarni, Rao, Joshi and Nair are to conduct interviews simultaneously either alone or in pairs at four different locations?Surat, Chandigarh, Delhi and Lucknow. Only one wants to travel by rail, two prefer travelling by car and the rest travel by air.(i) Sharma is going to Lucknow but neither by car nor by air.(ii) Mishra prefers to travel by car.(iii) Neither Joshi nor Nair is going to Delhi.(iv) Only those going to Surat travel by road.(v) Kulkarni will assist his friend Mishra.(vi) The two managers who go to Delhi travel by air.
26. Where will Kulkarni conduct the interviews ?(A) Surat (B) Lucknow(C) Chandigarh(D) Cannot be determined(E) None of these
27. Who goes to Delhi ?(A) Mishra-Kulkarni (B) Rao-Singh(C) Kulkarni-Joshi (D) Data inadequate(E) None of these
28. Which of the following is true ?(A) Kulkarni travels by air(B) Nair will assist Rao(C) Sharma conducts interviews alone(D) Joshi goes to Chandigarh(E) None of these
29. Who will conduct interviews at Chandigarh ?(A) Nair (B) Singh(C) Rao (D) Data inadequate(E) None of these
30. Which of the following pairs is different from theother four with regard to mode of travel ?(A) Sharma-Mishra(B) Rao-Mishra(C) Nair-Rao(D) Kulkarni-Joshi(E) Sharma-Singh
Directions?(Q. 31?35) Each of the following questions below consists of a question and two statements numbered I and II are given below it. You have to decide if the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. Read both statements and Give answer?(A) if the data in statement I alone is sufficient to answer the question while the data in statement II is not sufficient to answer the question.(B) if the data in statement II alone is sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement I alone is not sufficient to answer the question.(C) if the data either in statement I alone or in statement II alone is sufficient to answer the question.(D) if the data in both the statements I and II are not sufficient to answer the question.(E) if the data in both the statements I and II together are necessary to answer the question.
31. Who is in the middle of the row comprising A, B, C, D and E ?(I) B is to the right of C, who is second from the left.(II) A is standing to the left of C, who is D?s neighbour.
32. What is Shilpa?s rank in the class ?(I) The class strength is 45.(II) Shilpa is eight ranks below Mahesh who stood 17th.
33. Who runs that fastest among L, M, N and P ?(I) P runs faster than L, who is the slowest.(II) M runs faster than N but slower than P.
34. On which day of the week did Satish watch a movie ?(I) Satish only watches movies with his friends.(II) Satish went out for dinner on Tuesday.
35. How is Gita related to Ganesh ?(I) Gita?s brother is Ganesh?s father?s eldest son.(II) Ganesh?s wife?s mother-in-law is Gita?s mother.
Directions?(Q. 36?40) In each question below are two statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the two given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from two statements disregarding commonly known facts. Give answer?(A) if only conclusion I follows.(B) If only conclusion II follows.(C) if either conclusion I or II follows.(D) if neither conclusion I nor II follows.(E) if both conclusions I and II follow.
36. Statements : All fish are birds. Some hens are fish.Conclusions : I. Some hens are birds.II. No birds are hens.
37. Statements : Some shoes are coats. Some coats are buttons.Conclusions : I. No button is shoe.II. Some shoes are buttons.
38. Statements : All bats are boys. All boys are gloves.Conclusions : I. Some gloves are bats.II. All bats are gloves.
39. Statements : All puppies are tigers. All kittens are tigers.Conclusions : I. All puppies are kittens.II. All tigers are puppies.
40. Statements : Some doctors are nurses. All nurses are patients.Conclusions : I. All doctors are patients.II. Some patients are doctors.
Answers:1.B 2.D 3.E 4.B 5.D 6.B 7.E 8.C 9.A 10.A 11.C 12.A 13.B 14.D 15.B 16.D 17.A 18.C 19.E 20.C 21.E 22.C 23.B 24.D 25.A 26. A 27.B 28.E 29.D 30.C 31.A 32.B 33.E 34.D 35.C 36.D 37.C 38.E 39.D 40.C
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.