UBI Placement Paper Aptitude - General Chennai-3 Nov 2010
Union Bank of India
1. Accident is related to Carefulness in the same way as Disease is related to(a) Sanitation(b) Treatment(c) Medicine(d) Doctor
2. Aflatoxin is related to Food poisoning in the same way as Histamine is related to(a) Allergy(b) Headache(c) Anthrax(d) Inhabited Ans
3. Ostrich is related to Antelope in the same way as Egret is related to(a) Cow(b) Buffalo(c) Camel(d) Zebra
5. Forfeit related to Surrender in the same way as Remit is related to(a) Perceive(b) Confiscate(c) Exempt(d) RefrainAns: (d) The words in each pair are synonyms
Each of the questions below consists of a question and two statements marked I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. Read both the statements and give answer
6. What does ?Ne? stands for in the code language?I. ?Na Ni Nok Ne? means ?I will tell you? and ?Ni Nok Ne Nam? means ?he will tell you? in that code language. II. ?Ni Ne Mo Nam? means ?will he call you? and ?Ne Mok Sac Ni? means ?how will you go? in that code language.Ans (d)
7. Who amongst P, Q, R, S, T and U is the tallest?I. P is taller that R and T but not as tall as U, who is taller than Q and S.II. R is the third in height in the ascending order and not as tall as U, P and Q, Q being taller than P but not the tallest.Ans (c)
8. Who among A, B, C, D, E & F read the book last?I. F, who gave the book to B after reading, was third to read the same.II. C, who read the book after A, was the third person to read the book before it reached E.Ans (d)
9. Who is paternal uncle of Pavan?I. Pavan is brother of Poornima, who is daughter of Meena, who is sister of Kumar, who is brother Smrithi.II. Prithvi is brother of Indrajith, who is husband of Poornima, who is mother of Ganga, who is sister of Pavan.Ans: (b) 1
10. What is Milan?s rank in the class of 44 students?I. Ramesh, whose rank is 17th in the class, is ahead of Shyam by 6 ranks, Shyam being 7 ranks ahead of Milan.
11. Which of the following statements may be false?(a) A is the 3rd to the left of F(b) D is 3rd to the left of E(c) F is 3rd the right of A(d) B is 3rd to the left of C(e) None of theseAns: (d)
12. Which of the following statements is true?(a) C and E are neighbors(b) E is to the immediate left of F(c) C is to the immediate left of D(d) A is to the immediate left of D(e) None of theseAns: (d)
13. Who is at the extreme right?(a) Data inadequate(b) G(c) B(d) E(e) None of theseAns: (a)
14. Which of the following given two pairs of neighbors?(a) A, C and D, C(b) A, B and E, G(c) D, C and E, F(d) C, F and C, E(e) None of theseAns:(c)
15. What is the position of F?(a) Immediate to the right of E.(b) Third to the left of G(c) Immediate to the left of C(d) 5th to the right of B(e) None of these
16. Four of the following five groups of letters are alike in some way while one is different. Find out which one is different.(a) ISLOJ(b) LUOQM(c) AKDGB(d) FPILG(e) NXQTOAns: (b)
17. In the sequence given below the sum of the two digits which immediately precede the digit ?4? exceeds the sum of the two digits which immediately follow the digit 4 and sum of the two digits which immediately follow the digit 6 exceeds the sum of the two digits which immediately precede the digit 6. How many such 4?s and 6?s together are there?5 4 4 6 2 6 3 5 6 4 2 8 4 3 7 6 6 4 8 3(a) 4(b) 6(c) 3(d) 5(e) None of theseAns: (a)
18. Below are given six three-digit numbers. The digits comprise of numeric and letters. The letter indicates its serial order in the English alphabet. What will be the middle digit of the 4th number when the numbers are arranged in the descending order after interchanging numeric in each number without altering the place of letter in the number?
19. F, 2H9, 98B, D76, 7A6, 61E(a) 8(b) 9(c) 6(d) 7(e) None of theseAns: (e)
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.