TechMahindra(MBT) Placement Paper Whole Testpaper -
1. Simplify the following 515*515*515-221*221*221/(515*515+515*221*221+221)
A. 280 B. 290
C. 295 D. 294
2. Find the value of 40000-40000÷100
A. 0 B. infinity
C. 39600 D. 100
3. Simplify the following (578291*578291-457428*457428)/120863
4. If the value of a-b=6 and a2+b2=40, then find the value of ab.
5. Find the value of ((598+194)2-(598-194)2)/(598*194)
Find the next terms for the following question.
6. 2,5,10,17,26, ___
7. 5, 13, 37, 109, ___
8. 2, 5, 10, 17, 26,37, ___
9. Solve the problem
Sachin?s average in his first 50 innings was 50. After the 51st innings, his average was 51. How many runs did he score in his 51st innings. (Supposing that he lost his wicket in his 51st innings)
A.100 B. 51
C. 101 D. 50
10. What is the sum of the first 20 natural odd numbers?
A. 200 B. 400
C. 800 D. none of these
11. The sum of any seven consecutive numbers is divisible by
A.2 B. 7
C. 3 D. 11
12. A rectangular plate with length 8 inches, breadth 11 inches and thickness 2 inches is available. What is the length of the circular rod with diameter 10 inches and equal to the volume of the rectangular plate?
Ans - 2.24 inches
13. 8. If time at this moment is 9 P.M., what will be the time 23999999992 hours later?
A. 1PM B. 2 PM
C. 2.30 PM D. 3PM
14. Find the next term
1, 8, 9, 64, 25, ___
A.215 B. 216
C. 219 D. 220
15. Find the next term
A. -35 B. -40
C. 40 D. 35
16. A copying machine "P" can copy 135 pages in 9 minutes, P and Q together can copy 300 pages in 12 minutes. In what time Q can copy 80 pages?
A. 7 B. 5
C. 4 D. 8
17. Find the number when 270 increased in 9: 11 ratio.
A. 330 B. 390
C. 380 D. 310
18. The ratio between two numbers is 3 : 4 and their sum is 420. What is the greater of the two numbers?
A. 175 B. 315
C. 200 D. 240
19. In a joint business, the capital of A, B and C were Rs. 45000, Rs. 30000 and Rs. 22500 respectively. A withdrew half of his capital after 4 months. After 9 months of this withdrawal, there was a total profit of Rs. 28400. Find the each share of profit.
Ans- Rs. 10200, Rs. 10400, Rs. 7800
20. The probability of two events A and B are0.25 and 0.40 respectively. The probability that both A and B occur is 0.15. The probability that neither A nor B occur is _________
A. 0.35 B. 0.65
C. 0.5 D. 0.9
1. The grapes are now ...... enough to be picked.
A. ready B. mature
C. ripe D. advanced
2. In a large cities people are cut ...... from nature.
A away B. off
C. out D. down
3. Physically we are now all neighbors, but psychologically. we are ...... to each other.
A. primitives B. complimentary
C. strangers D. cowards
4. Moreover, a fact finding mission ...... by BSN to India in January this year strongly recommended that the French group should go it alone, and not hand over ...... to an Indian Partner.
A. organised, papers B. constituted, authority
C. sponsored, power D. dispatched, control
5. Now, the management graduate can expect to have a prosperous life on a ...... income without having to depend on finding a place in family busiess having to tend the paternal estates.
A. professional B. regular
C. meaningful D. dependable
In the following questions choose the word which is the exact OPPOSITE of the given words.
A. Reticent B. Talkative
C. Garrulous D. Verbose
A. Frugal B. Thrifty
C. Stingy D. Generous
A. Resurgence B. Breakthrough
C. Continuation D. Combination
9. Choose the correct meaning of proverb/idiom.
?To catch a tarter?
A. To trap wanted criminal with great difficulty
B. To catch a dangerous person
C. To meet with disaster
D. To deal with a person who is more than one's match
10. In the question below the sentences have been given in Active/Passive voice. From the given alternatives, choose the one which best expresses the given sentence in Passive/Active voice.
?Who is creating this mess??
A. Who has been created this mess?
B. By whom has this mess been created?
C. By whom this mess is being created?
D. By whom is this mess being created?
Directions (For questions 11 to 14): In the following items each passage consists of six sentences. The first sentence (S1) and the sixth sentence (S6) are given in the beginning. The other four sentences in each set have been jumbled up. These are labelled P, Q, R and S. You are required to find the proper sequence of the four sentences and mark accordingly.
11. S1: There was a boy named Jack.
S6: At last she turned him out of the house.
P: So the mother asked him to find work.
Q: They were very poor.
R: He lived with his mother.
S: But Jack refused to work.
A - R Q P S B- P Q R S
C- Q P R S D- R P S Q
12. S1: But Bhutan is a curious mix of modern and the medieval.
S6: His license plate reads simply ?BHUTAN?.
P: It was next to a speed limit sign: 8 km an hour.
Q: Even the king zips through in a navy blue Toyota Land Cruiser.
R: I noticed a rusty sign for the Kit Kat chocolate bar and realized it was the only advertisement I had seen.
S: Yet in the cities, most middle class people drive brand new Japanese cars.
A - R Q P S B- P Q R S
C- Q P R S D- R P S Q
13. S1: A city tour organized by the airport got our next vote.
S6:?We can only grow in height as most of our land is reclaimed from the mud Brought from neighbouring countries?, said Bernadette.
P: A bumboat ride through the Singapore River gave us a vantage view of the country?s prized possession of skyscrapers in the central business district.
Q: The tour is very popular with transit passengers and there are many such buses doing the route.
R: We were greeted into an air-conditioned Volvo bus with a bottle of chilled water.
S: On the drive through the ?colonial heart? of the city, our guide, Bernadette, pointed out the Parliament House, Supreme Court and City Hall to us
14. S1: His usually fretful features composed, Javagal Srinath announced his retirement from international cricket.
S6: He finished with 236 wickets in 67 Tests and 315 in 229 one-day Internationals.
P: He had spent the early years of his 13-year career sitting out nine Tests when he was at his quickest, being reminded of everything he was not.
Q: In a classic case of appreciating a good thing when it is gone, the tributes poured in for India?s most successful pace bowler after Kapil Dev.
R: Not aggressive enough, not a non-vegetarian, not an all-rounder.
S: Srinath soldiered on, whether wickets were flat or causes lost, as they often were when India toured.
Directions (For questions 15 to 19): Each of the following six items consists of a word in capital letters, followed by four words or groups of words. Select the word or group of words that is most similar in meaning (Synonym) to the word in capital letters.
A. Intimidate B. Humiliate
C. Predict D. Postpone
A. Cancel B. Enjoy
C. Praise D. Receive
A. Pathetic B. Tiresome
C. Guarantee D. Magnanimous
A. Novice B. Dishonest
C. Futuristic D. Traditional
A. Skill B. Softness
C. Charm D. Gist
20. In questions given below out of four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given word/sentence.
?A person of good understanding knowledge and reasoning power?
A. Expert B. Intellectual
C. Snob D. Literate
In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement.
I People may stop using ground water if the farmers continue to use pesticides indiscriminately.
II Farmers may refrain from using pesticides indiscriminately.
A. Only assumption I is implicit
B. Only assumption II is implicit
C. Either I or II is implicit
D. Neither I nor II is implicit
E. Both I and II are implicit
2. The Government has decided to levy 2 percent on the tax amount payable for funding drought relief programmes.
I The Government does not have sufficient money to fund drought relief programmes.
II The amount collected by way of surcharge may be adequate to fund these drought relief programmes.
3. Find the statement that must be true according to the given information
Vincent has a paper route. Each morning, he delivers 37 newspapers to customers in his neighborhood. It takes Vincent 50 minutes to deliver all the papers. If Vincent is sick or has other plans, his friend Thomas, who lives on the same street, will sometimes deliver the papers for him.
A. Vincent and Thomas live in the same neighborhood.
B. It takes Thomas more than 50 minutes to deliver the papers.
C. It is dark outside when Vincent begins his deliveries.
D. Thomas would like to have his own paper route.
4. In the given questions, a statement/group of statements is given followed by some conclusions. Without resolving anything yourself choose the conclusion which logically follows from the given statements).
In this company, 60 per cent of the employees are males, 40 per cent are females, 80 per cent of the employees are sincere and 40 per cent of the employees are from this city - Rawalpura.
A. All male employees are from out station.
B. All male employees are sincere.
C. 20 per cent of female employees are not sincere.
D. All female employees are from Rawalpura.
E. None of these
5. Fill the blank with appropriate word.
QAR, RAS, SAT, TAU, _____
A. UAV B. UAT
C. TAS D. TAT
6. Fill the blank with appropriate word.
ZA5, Y4B, XC6, W3D, _____
A. E7V B. V2E
C. VE5 D. VE7
7. A man owns 2/3 of the market research beauro business and sells 3/4 of his shares for Rs.75000. What is the value of Business
A. 100000 B.200000
C. 150000 D.250000
8. If 12 file cabinets require 18 feet of wall space, how many feet of wall space will 30 cabinets require?
B.30 D. 45
9. A monkey climbs 6 months and falls 3mts in alternate minutes. Then time taken to climb a tree 60metres high?
A. 35 B. 37
C. .32 D. 34
Complete the number series
A. 1 B. 6
C. 3 D. 4
A. 1296 B. 1266
C. 1230 D. 1240
12. Ravi has bought ten trees for her garden. He wants to plant these trees in five rows, with four trees in each row. How must Ravi plant the trees?
13. There are 5 yellow shoes, 4 black shoes. If one draw randomly a shoe what is the probability of getting a yellow shoe?
14. A person wants to buy 3 paise and 5 paise stamps costing exactly one rupee. If he buys which of the following number of stamps he won't able to buy 3 paise stamps.
15. Here are some words translated from an artificial language.
gorblflur means fan belt
pixngorbl means ceiling fan
arthtusl means tile roof
Which word could mean "ceiling tile"?
A. gorbltusl B. flurgorbl
C. arthflur D. pixnarth
16. Find (7x + 4y ) / (x-2y) if x/2y = 3/2 ?
17. Suppose one man built a square house in a particular place in the earth. Each side there is a door for outside. But all the doors are facing to northern side. How it is possible?
18. You are standing next to a well, and you have two jugs. One jug has a content of 3 liters and the other one has a content of 5 liters. How can you get just 4 liters of water using only these two jugs?
19. These words follow a logical progression:
Which one of these comes next?
REST, GRAIL, STOIC, ORDEAL
1. Jothi's father was 38 years of age when she was born while her mother was 36 years old when her brother four years younger to her was born. What is the difference between the ages of her parents?
A. 2 years B. 4 years
C. 6 years D. 8 years
2. The sum of two numbers is 184. If one-third of the one exceeds one-seventh of the other by 8, find the smaller number.
A.72 B. 74
C. 76 D. 78
3. Of two numbers, 4 times the smaller one is less then 3 times the 1arger one by 5. If the sum of the numbers is larger than 6 times their difference by 6, find the two numbers.
4. A number consists of two digits. The sum of the digits is 9. If 63 is subtracted from the number, its digits are interchanged. Find the number.
A.72 B. 84
C. 76 D. 81
5. If three numbers are added in pairs, the sums equal 10, 19 and 21. Find the
6. Q is as much younger than R as he is older than T. If the sum of the ages of R and T is 50 years, what is definitely the difference between R and Q's age?
A. 1 year B. 2 years
C. 25 years D. Data inadequate
7. The age of father 10 years ago was thrice the age of his son. Ten years hence, father's age will be twice that of his son. The ratio of their present ages is:
A. 5 : 2 B. 7 : 3
C. 9 : 2 D. 13 : 4
8. The length of a rectangle is twice its breadth. If its length is decreased by 5 cm and breadth is increased by 5 cm, the area of the rectangle is increased by 75 sq. cm. Find the length of the rectangle
A.20 B. 24
C. 25 D. 26
9. A motorboat, whose speed in 15 km/hr in still water goes 30 km downstream and comes back in a total of 4 hours 30 minutes. The speed of the stream (in km/hr) is:
A. 4 B. 5
C. 6 D. 10
10. Two pipes can fill a tank in 10hours and 12 hours respectively while a third, pipe empties the full tank in 20 hours. If all the three pipes operate simultaneously, in how much time will the tank be filled?
A.6 hrs 20 min B. 7 hrs 15 min
C. 5 hrs 30 min D. 7 hrs 30 min
11. 39 persons can repair a road in 12 days, working 5 hours a day. In how many days will 30 persons, working 6 hours a day, complete the work?
A. 10 B. 13
C. 14 D. 15
12. Arrange the fractions 5/8, 7/12, 13/16, 16/29 and 3/4 in ascending order of magnitude.
13. If (1 / 3.718) = 0.2689, Then find the value of (1 / 0.0003718).
14. Today is Monday. After 61 days, it will be:
A. Wednesday B. Saturday
C. Tuesday D. Thursday
15. Stewart started a business investing Rs. 45,000. After 3 months, Jackson joined him with a capital of Rs. 60,000. After another 6 months, Rooney joined them with a capital of Rs. 90,000. At the end of the year, they made a profit of Rs. 16,500. Find the Share of each.
16. Four milkmen rented a pasture. A grazed 24 cows for 3 months; B 10 for 5 months; C 35 cows for 4 months and D 21 cows for 3 months. If A's share of rent is Rs. 720, find the total rent of the field.
A.3200 Rs C. 3210 Rs
B. 3250 Rs D.3300 RS
17. The difference between a two-digit number and the number obtained by interchanging the positions of its digits is 36. What is the difference between the two digits of that number?
A. 3 B. 4
C. 9 D. 6
18. A number consists of 3 digits whose sum is 10. The middle digit is equal to the sum of the other two and the number will be increased by 99 if its digits are reversed. The number is:
A. 145 B. 253
C. 370 D. 352
selected 16 from 1600 heck mahindra......
if u provide solutions too then it will be easy for solving
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.