TechMahindra(MBT) Placement Paper Candidate Experiences SV University,Tirupati, A.P-16 Dec 2010
S.V University, Tech Mahindra & Mahindra Satyam 16/12/2010.
215 appered for written test, 26 cleared written test, 14 cleared technical round. And 10 were finally selected.
The written test is of different pattern and you need to solve the problems at a faster rate to clear the cut offs. The cutoffs are very high nearly 80% and there is no negative markings.
One good news is the questions are very easy and easy type. There were very few difficult questions.
English -100 questios: 40 mins
Quantitative aptitude: 70 questions, 50 mins
English: (Easy-very easy)
English section included very easy questions from school level. You can straight away finish the answer while reading the question even without looking at the options. So, it is a very good opportunity to be utilised properly. Dont worry too much about the language section. This is the easiest till now. Only thing to focus is the large number of questions.
Divided in to 6 sub-sections
1. R.C-15 questions
A different model appeared with along RC which has blanks in middle and need to fill in the appropriate words in the blanks given in the paragraph
Tips to answer: Read the entire paragraph before attempting the answers to the theme of the paragraph
2. Synonyms & Antonyms (moderate-easy): 15 questions
3. Fill in the blanks with the appropriate article: 20 questions
4. Fill in the blanks identifying the tense of the sentence: 20 questions
5. Fill in the blanks with the appropriate parts of speech: 20 questions
6. Identify the wrong part in the sentence gramitically: 10 questions
Quantitative aptitude (includes logical reasoning and data sufficiency)
Quantitative section included questions from almost every area ranging from 1 to 5 questions from each area. So don't leave behind any concept. Prepare the basic variety with complete revision of formulae. That should be sufficient.
1. Blood relations: 5 questions
2. Odd man out: 5 questions
3. A:B Then C: (figure model), 5 questions
4. Number series: 5 questions
5. Number systems: 5 questions
6. Ages: 5 questions
7. Simple intrest & Compound intrest: 5 questions
8. Work & time: 5 questions
9. Profit & loss: 5 questions
10. Speed & distance: 5 questions
11. Sylloligms: 5 questions
12. Clocks: 5 questions
13. Linear and circular races: 5 questions
14. Paring of logics: 5 questions (head is to hat then leg is to)
So, the key is whether you can solve 150+ questions in 90 minutes, also don't leave any question unattempted. The above figures speak volumes of the cut off and if you want to clear the written test, aim at 150+ marks which is easily achievable if you are good with formulae and basics.
For any queries contact
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.