TechMahindra(MBT) Placement Paper Aptitude - Numerical -1 Mar 2006
I) Distribution of workers in a factory according to the no.of
children they have
1. Total no. of workers in the factory.
Ans : 200
2. Total no. of children that all the workers that have between them is
Ans : 560
3. The total no. of literate workers is
Ans : 105
4. The ratio of literate & illiterate is
Ans - 1:2
5. The no. of literate workers with atleast 3 children is
Ans : 45
6. The no. of illiterate workers with less than 4 children is
Ans : 60
7. The rate of literate to illiterate workers who have 3 children is
Ans - 3:4
II) Which of the following statement(s) is(are) not true
a. Literate workers have small families than illiterate workers.
b. Families with 2 or less than 2 children are commoner than families
with 3 or more children.
c. 2 children families constitute 60% of the families of workers.
d. More the no. of children a worker has the more illiterate he is.
e. None the above statement is true.
Ans : e
III) ---- of a mutual instrument vibrate 6,8 & 12 intervals
respectively. If all three vibrate together what is the time
interval before all vibrate together again?
LCM of NR
--------- Ans : 1/2 sec
HCF of DR
12) Certain no. of men can finish a piece of work in 10 days. If
however there were 10 men less it will take 10 days more for the
work to be finished. How many men were there originally.
Ans : 110 men
10) In simple interest what sum amounts of Rs.1120/- in 4 years and
Rs.1200/- in 5 years.
Ans : Rs.800/-
vi) Sum of money at compound interest amounts of thrice itself in 3
years. In how many years
will it take 9 times itself.
Ans : 6
vii) Two trains in the same direction at 50 & 32 kmph respectively. A
man in the slower train observes the 15 seconds elapse before the
faster train completely passes him.
What is the length of faster train ?
Ans : 75m
16) How many mashes are there in a sq. m of wire gauge. Each mesh
being 8mm long X 5mm width
Ans : 25000
17) x% of y is y% of ?
Ans : x
11) The price of sugar increases by 20%, by what % house-wife should
reduce the consumption of sugar so that expenditure on sugar can be
same as before
Ans : 16.66
? ) A man spending half of his salary for house hold expenses, 1/4th
for rent, 1/5th for travel expenses, a man deposits the rest in a
bank. If his monthly deposits in the bank amount 50. What is his
monthly salary ?
Ans : 1000
? ) The population of a city increases @ 4% p.a. That is an additioanl
annual increase of 4% of the population due to this influx of job
seekers, the % increase in population after 2 years is
? ) The ratio of no. of boys & girls in a school is 3:2 Out of these
?% the boys & 25% of girls are scholarship holders. % of students who
are not scholarship holders.?
? ) 15 Men take 21 days of 8 hrs. each to do a piece of work. How many
days of 6 hrs. each would do if 21 women take. If 3 women do as much
work of 2 men.
Ans : 30
?) a cylinder ingot 6cms in diameter and 6 cms in height is and
spheres all of the same
size are made from the material obtained.what is the diameter of each
5) rectangular plank of sqrt(2)meters wide can be placed so that it is
on either side of the diagonal of a square shown below.what is the
area of the plank?
7) the difference b/w the compound interest payble half yearly and
the simple interest on a
certain sum cont out at 10% p.a for 1 year is Rs 25 what is the sum
8) what is the smallest n0 by which 2880 must be divided in order to
make it a
perfect square ?
Ans : c
a)3 b)4 c)5 d) 6 e)8
9)a father is 30 times more than his son however he will be only
thrice as old as the son
what is father's present age ?
Ans : 40
10) An article sold at a profit of 20% if both the c.p & s.p were to
be Rs.20/- the profit would be 10% more. What is the c.p of that
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.