TCS Placement Paper Whole Testpaper Vel Multimedia, Chennai-09 Oct 2006
TCS PLACEMENT PAPER ON 9th OCTOBER 2006 AT CHENNAI
I attended test today. Cleared written & waiting for the interview. Questions r easy & it?s a repeated. They conducted an online test
Verbal (30 questions in 20 minutes)
As usual 10 synonyms, 10 antonyms, 5 sentence completion, a reading comphrension.
i) For synonyms & antonyms refer GRE Barrons any edition. But 12th edition is more preferable.
ii) Sentence Completion was so tough.
iii) Reading comprehension was easy.
Aptitude(38 questions in 40 Minutes)
More questions were repeated from previous papers. Some of my questions are
Methodology to be followed : ((100-x/100)*(100-y/100)*(100-z/100))*100
The resultant should be subtracted by 100
5) Find the value of M(363, 5)+R(3.4)+T(7.8)-R(3.8) where M is modulus, R is round-off, T is truncate.
6) Which of the following are orthogonal pairs a) 2x+3y=6 b) 2x+5y=0 c) 2y=3x+6 d) 7x+y=4
7) What is the power of 3? I couldn?t able to remind choices
8) b g b d q m b g d m g b g g b q m b g q b g d g b a m g b g m(This is a just a sample)
how many B?s followed by G?s but not D. I got the ans for the given question is 4
9) Select odd one out UNIX, Windows NT, MVS, SQL
10) Ram can copy 50 papers in 10 hours while both A & B can copy 70 papers in 10 hours. Then for how
many hours required for B to copy 26 papers? Ans: 13 hours
11) The number (some nos) in decimal system is given by (some nos) x in the X System of numbers find the value of X
a) 5 b) 6 c) 7 d) 8 e) 9
12) A series which is easy.
13) A temperature problem
14) Match the following:
i) Male Boy ? a superset of
ii) Banda Bear ? a type of
iii) Mushroom Vegetable ? not a type of
15) Student get 3 and 3.5 in their class exam And 1.2 and 1.45 in final exam respectively.
What might be the class marks of 3rd student who have got 0 marks in final exam?
1. 0.3 2. 0.5 3. 0.25 4. 0.1
ans: 0.25 Approach: take the diff and find out
16) A Bit problem to find A-(B Intersection C)
17) What is the unit of the following? (power*time) / (velocity*velocity)
1.mass 2.distance 3.velocity 4.speed
Ans: mass Approach: power=work/time
now numerator is (mass*distance^2) / (time^2)
denominator is (distance^2) / (time^2) since velocity=distance/time
18) Which of the following does not form triangle?
Hint : Add two sides & sum of the two sides must be greater than the 3rd side
19) Which of the following is Singular Matix?
Hint: Det of matrix=0
20) The size of the bucket is N kb. The bucket fills at the rate of 0.1 kb per millisecond.
A programmer sends a program to receiver. There it waits for 10 milliseconds / and
response will be back to programmer in 20 millisecond Some error has happened while sending. How many much time the program (But this question in a different way)
21) A power unit is there by the bank of the river of 900 mtr width. a cable is made from power
unit to power a plant opposite to that of the river and 3000 mtr away from the power unit.
The cost of the cable bellows water Rs5 / mtr and cost of cable on the bank is Rs 4/ mtr.
Find the pt where the cable cut through the river. 1.2800 2. 3000 3. 2100 4.3900
22) Given g(0)=1, g(1)=-1 and g(n)=g(n-1)+g(n-2), find g(6).
23) In two dimensional array X(7,9) each element occupies 8 bytes of memory. If the address of first element X(1,1)is (some nos) then what will be the address of the element X(5,8) ?
24) The program size is N. The memory occupied by the program is M=4000sqrt(N),
If the program size is increased by 1%. Then what is the percentage increase in memory?
1. 0.1% 2.0.4% 3.0.5% 4.2%
Ans: 0.5% Approach: Sqrt of 101
25) What is the largest Prime Number that can be stored in 8-bit memory? Ans:251
26) Which of the following highest Standard deviation a) , - 1, 1,-1, 1,-1 b) 1, 1, 1,1,1,1 c) -1, - 1, -1,-1,-1,-1 d) -1, 1, -1, 1,-1, 1 Ans: d)
27) Find value ##+5-++# 5 ,0 where # denotes double and + denotes Change of sign(This is not the question. This is a model)
28) An aero plane problem.
other questions I couldn?t recollect
Last six questions were based on DI
33- 35 A Venn Diagram was given. Based on that v hav to answer. It has Java, COBOL & C Programmers
35-38 a Bar Chart question. It is very easy.
Go through all the Model Tests of GRE 12th edition. They are asking from that only.
i) F is arranging 11 women. They speak French, German, Russian etc. Refer it in GRE.
ii) A question from Model Test paper only
iii) Also the same
a) For verbal & reasoning refer GRE 12th edition is more preferable
b) For apps see only previous question papers. For safer side go thru R.S. Agarwal
c) Reasoning work out all those Model Test papers frm GRE Book.
d) They are not even changing the order for reasoning. So mug up the answerz.
e) If atleast one reasoning problem is correct, u will surely shortlisted
f) Note down there is no sectional cut off
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.