TCS Placement Paper Whole Testpaper Technocrats Institute Of Technology, Bhopal-15 Jan 2011
It was very easy exam as compared with other company written exams. Test contains 35 questions, only from quantitative, in 60 minutes. You can get through if you prepared with previous papers All patterns are same but with different values. Refer Freshersworld.com question papers.
I am giving the answers that are 100 % correct because we have researched a lot on the answers with friends and got the most correct answers after consulting the we and the yahoo groups.
2) There are two pipes A and B. If A filled 10 liters in an hour, B can fill 20 liters in same time. Likewise B can fill 10, 20, 40, 80, 160. If B filled in 1/16 of a tank in 3 hours, how much time will it take to fill the tank completely?a) 9 B) 8 c) 7 d) 6
Ans: Do not get trapped in these type of questions .a very simple trick to solve these type of question is just see the max and the middle value of gloves and hats ?ie 32 and 25 . just add max+min_values +2 or 1 or 3 ie 32+25+3=60 the answer will definitely fall in this range as 60 here
4) Middle- earth is a fictional land inhabited by hobbits, elves, dwarves and men. The hobbits and elves are peaceful creatures that prefer slow, silent lives and appreciate nature and art. The dwarves and the men engage in physical games. The game is as follows. A tournament is one where out of the two teams that play a match, the one that loses get eliminated. The matches are played in different rounds, where in every round; half of the teams get eliminated from the tournament. If there are 8 rounds played in knock out tournament, how many matches were played?a) 257 b) 256 c) 72 d) 255
Ans: (255) there are two varieties of this type of que in one they ask about the number of matches in the first round ?so solution to that is 2^(number of rounds)?ie 2^8=256 another variety is the number of matches played in the tournament so ans is 2^(number of teams )-1 ..ie 2^8 -1=255
5) Ferrari S.P.A is an Italian sports car manufacturer based in Marane llo, Italy. Founded by Enzo Ferrari in 1928 as Scuderia Ferrari, the company sponsored drivers and manufactured race cars before moving into production of street-legal vehicles in 1947 as Ferrari S.P.A. Throughout its history, the company has been noted for its continued participation in racing, especially in Formula One where it has employed great success .Rohit once bought a Ferrari. It could go 4 times as fast as Mohan's old Mercedes. If the speed of Mohan's Mercedes is 46 km/hr and the distance traveled by the Ferrari is 953 km, find the total time taken for Rohit to drive that distance.a) 20.72 b) 5.18 c) 238.25 d) 6.18
7) Hare in the other. The hare starts after the tortoise has covered 1/5 of its distance and that too leisurely3. A hare and a tortoise have a race along a circle of 100 yards diameter. The tortoise goes in one direction and the. The hare and tortoise meet when the hare has covered only 1/8 of the distance. By what factor should the hare increase its speed so as to tie the race?a) 37.80 b)8 c) 40 d) 5Ans: 37.80
8) Alok and Bhanu play the following min-max game. Given the expression
11). On planet zorba, a solar blast has melted the ice caps on its equator. 8 years after the ice melts, tiny planetoids called echina start growing on the rocks. echina grows in the form of a circle and the relationship between the diameter of this circle and the age of echina is given by the formulad = 4 * sqrt (t ? 8)for t = 8Where the represents the diameter in mm and t the number of years since the solar blast. Jagan recorded the time of some echina at a particular spot is 24 years then what is diameter?
a) The even numbered statements are true and the odd numbered statements are false. b) The odd numbered statements are true and the even numbered statements are false. c) All the statements are false. d) The 39th statement is true and the rest are false.Ans: d
12) A sheet of paper has statements numbered from 1 to 70. For all values of n from 1 to 70. Statement n says ' At most n of the statements on this sheet are false. ?Which statements are true and which are false?a) The even numbered statements are true and the odd numbered are false.b) The odd numbered statements are true and the even numbered are false.c) The first 35 statements are true and the last 35 are false.d) all are false
18) Mr. Bean went to a shop for buying a gift to his wife on her Birthday. He bought 28 purple marbles as her wife was fond of marbles. He also bought 21greem marbles. While coming out of the shop on the way he also bought 24 red, 42 yellow and 12 pink marbles and he put them all in a bag. When he was returning back to the home a lightning occurred and suddenly due to some reasons the red, green, and yellow balls got converted into white color. But in spite of this Mr. Beans decided to give few marbles to his lovely wife. So, how many times he should put his hand in the bag so that he can gift his wife at least one ball of each color.
Ans: logic is same as I told in the question 3 i.e 24+42+2=68
19) Alice and Bob play the following coins-on-a-stack game. 50 coins are stacked one above the other. One of them is a special (gold) coin and the rest are ordinary coins. The goal is to bring the gold coin to the top by repeatedly moving the topmost coin to another position in the stack.Alice starts and the players take turns. A turn consists of moving the coin on the top to a position i below the top coin (0 ? i ? 20). We will call this an i-move (thus a 0-move implies doing nothing). The proviso is that an i-move cannot be repeated; for example once a player makes a 2-move, on subsequent turns neither player can make a 2-move. If the gold coin happens to be on top when it's a player's turn then the player wins the game. Initially, the gold coinis the third coin from the top. Thena) In order to win, Alice?s first move should be a 0-move. b) In order to win, Alice?s first move should be a 1-move. c) Alice has no winning strategy.
At least 16 coins so the series is 16, (16+16/2)= 24 , (24+24/2)=36, (36+36/2)=54. Now next value of coin exceeds 64 so the number of coins is 4
I attempted 35 questions and I was sure that at test 31 were correct, the cut of was high in our college most probably above 25. So be accurate and score high, as the questions are easy.
2) Use Freshersworld.com and read all the patterns from Freshersworld.com. I am sure you need not even consult RS Aggarwal or any other books. Your written will be cleared easily just from here
For any help set of TCS sample papers contact me at email@example.com
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.