TCS Placement Paper Whole Testpaper SRM University, Chennai-26 Nov 2010
Hi, TCS created the world record of recruiting 1080 from the single campus. These are the questions i remembered. Some of them will be repeated twice or thrice(values will be changed).
a) 71 b) 251 c) 111 d) 89
a) 15.88 b) 14.88 c) 476 d) 29.75
a) 18 b) 21 c) 12 d) 6
Alok and Bhanu play the following min-max game. Given the expression
N = 12 + X*(Y - Z)
Where X, Y and Z are variables representing single digits (0 to 9), Alok would like to maximize N while Bhanu would like to minimize it. Towards this end, Alok chooses a single digit number and Bhanu substitutes this for a variable of her choice (X, Y or Z). Alok then chooses the next value and Bhanu, the variable to substitute the value. Finally Alok proposes the value for the remaining variable. Assuming both play to their optimal strategies, the value of N at the end of the game would be
a) 93 b) 12 c) -69 d) 30
8) The pacelength P is the distance between the rear of two consecutive footprints. For men, the formula, n/P = 144 gives an approximate relationship between n and P where, n = number of steps per minute and P = pacelength in meters. Bernard knows his pacelength is 164cm. The formula applies to Bernard's walking. Calculate Bernard's walking speed in kmph.
a) 23.62 b) 8.78 c) 11.39 d) 236.16
9) There are two boxes, one containing 10 red balls and the other containing 10 green balls. You are allowed to move the balls between the boxes so that when you choose a box at random and a ball at random from the chosen box, the probability of getting a red ball is maximized. This maximum probability is
a) 3/4 b) 37/38 c) 1/2 d) 14/19
10) A hare and a tortoise have a race along a circle of 100 yards diameter. The tortoise goes in one direction and the hare in the other. The hare starts after the tortoise has covered 1/5 of its distance and that too leisurely. The hare and tortoise meet when the hare has covered only 1/8 of the distance. By what factor should the hare increase its speed so as to tie the race?
a) 40 b) 37.80 c) 8 d) 5
d) The odd numbered statements are true and the even numbered are false.
12) There are two water tanks A and B, A is much smaller than B. While water fills at the rate of one litre every hour in A, it gets filled up like 10, 20, 40, 80, 160 .. in tank B. (At the end of first hour, B has 10 litres, second hour it has 20, and so on). If 1/32 of B's volume is filled after 3 hours, what is the total duration required to fill it completely?
a) 9 hours b) 7 hours c) 10 hours d) 8 hours
13) Planet fourfi resides in 4-dimensional space and thus the currency used by its residents are 3-dimensional objects. The rupee notes are cubical in shape while their coins are spherical. However the coin minting machinery lays out some stipulations on the size of the coins.
? The diameter of the coins should be at least 64mm and not exceed 512mm.
? Given a coin, the diameter of the next larger coin is at least 50% greater.
? The diameter of the coin must always be an integer.
14) You are asked to design a set of coins of different diameters with these requirements and your goal is to design as many coins as possible. How many coins can you design?
a) 8 b) 5 c) 6 d) 9
14) Anoop managed to draw 7 circles of equal radii with their centres on the diagonal of a square such that the two extreme circles touch two sides of the square and each middle circle touches two circles on either side. Find the ratio of the radius of the circles to the side of the square.
a) 1:(4+ 7v3) b) 1:(2+ 6v2)
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.