TCS Placement Paper Whole Testpaper JMIT, Radaur-11 Feb 2011
Name: Himanshu Stream: CSE Status: Selected
Eligible: 388 + 30 ( Toppers). Toppers were directly eligble for TR. Written: 289 Selected: 171 ( 22 toppers)
Here is my experience of TCS placement process. Thanks to almighty, my parents, Varun nd Shipra. Last but not least lala ji :)
Within 80 minutes, u hav to answer 35 question which have already seen by you ( i think). All questions are from touchstone and pattern. Digits can be chngd. Please attempt openseesame.
1. Hare in the other. The hare starts after the tortoise has covered 1/3 of its distance and that too leisurely3. A hare and a tortoise have a race along a circle of 100 yards diameter. The tortoise goes in one direction and the. The hare and tortoise meet when the hare has covered only 1/5 of the distance. By what factor should the hare increase its speed so as to tie the race?
2.How many 4 digit numbers can be formed using the digits 1, 2,3,4 ,5 ( but with repetition) that are divisible by 4?
3. Ferrari S.P.A is an Italian sports car manufacturer based in Maranello, Italy. Founded by Enzo Ferrari in 1928 as Scuderia Ferrari , the company sponsored drivers and manufactured race cars before moving into production of street-legal vehicles in 1947 as Feraari S.P.A. Throughout its history, the company has been noted for its continued participation in racing, especially in Formula One where it has employed great success .Rohit once bought a Ferrari . It could go 4 times as fast as Mohan's old Mercedes. If the speed of Mohan's Mercedes is 46 km/hr and the distance traveled by the Ferrari is 953 km, find the total time taken for Rohit to drive that distance.
4. keywords: alok, bhanu, want to maximize nd other want to minimize. 15+X*Y-Z
For these type of ques, remember dis thumb rule.. X*Y-Z=18 X+Y-Z=11 X-Y-Z=2
here Ans: 15+18=33 This question was repeated three times in my paper.
5. The IT giant Tirnop has recently crossed a head count of 150000 and earnings of $7 billion. As one of the forerunners in the technology front, Tirnop continues to lead the way in products and services in India. At Tirnop, all programmers are equal in every respect. They receive identical salaries ans also write code at the same rate.Suppose 12 such programmers take 12 minutes to write 12 lines of code in total. How long will it take 72 programmers to write 72 lines of code in total?
ans 12 min
prgrmr*min/ loc= prgmr *min/ loc
This question was also repeated thrice.
a) no of programer b) no lines of codes c) how much time they will take.
6. On a sheet of paper, there are 40 statements. Each n statement states that "Atleast n number of statements on this sheet is false". Then which of the following is true.
ans first 20 statements are true and last 20 are false.
a) Atleast wid false ans first 20 r true and last 20 r false.. b) Exactly wid true ans 39th z true nd rest r false c) Atmost wid true or false ans all statements r true
7.There are 6 circles on a diagonal of square such that their centre lie on diagonal. Consider that radius of each circle is equal. Find the ratio between side of square and radius of circle.
10r+ 2sqrt(2)r= sqrt(2)a
nw find a/r.
8. There are 6 beer bottle nd one is poisoned. we have mice who will die within 14 hrs after drinkin poisned beer. In 24 hrs we have to find poisoned beer bottle. How many no of mice we require to find out poisoned bottle.
options a 6 b 4 c 3 d 1
i hav nt answered dis question
9. keyword: Alok Bhanu, stack of 20 coins. i move can play. dat z 1th move means to put top coin 1 postion below. gold coin. initialy gold coin is at 3rd position from top. if itz player turns nd player brings gold coin to the top then player z winner. alok starts. which of the following is true.
a alok must play 1th move to win. b alok must play 0th move to win c alok has no wining strategy
10 1/3 rd of a number is more 3 than the 1/6th of a number then find the number?
11. After the typist writes 12 letters and addresses 12 envelopes, she inserts the letters randomly into the envelopes (1 letter per envelope). What is the probability that exactly 1 letter is inserted in an improper envelope?
Ans:a (since 1 letter is in improper envelope other would definitely be in improper envelope)
12 There are two boxes, one containing 10 red balls and the other containing 10 green balls. You are allowed to move the balls between the boxes so that when you choose a box at random and a ball at random from the chosen box, the probability of getting a red ball is maximized. This maximum probability is
ans:b (probability of selecting a box=1/2.now keep 1 red ball in box a and transfer 9 red balls to b,so probability=1/2(1+9/19)
13 On the planet Oz, there are 8 days in a week- Sunday to Saturday and another day called Oz day. There are 36 hours in a day and each hour has 90 min while each minute has 60 sec. As on earth, the hour hand covers the dial twice every day. Find the approximate angle between the hands of a clock on Oz when the time is 9:40 am. a. 251 b.111 c.29 d.89 ANS: c
14 Given a collection of points P in the plane, a 1-set is a point in P that can be separated from the rest by a line; i.e. the point lies on one side of the line while the others lie on the other side. The number of 1-sets of P is denoted by n1(P). The maximum value of n1(P) over all configurations P of 9 points in the plane is a.10 b.9 c.3 d.5
ans: b ( m nt sure)
15. .Planet fourfi resides in 4-dimensional space and thus the currency used by its residents are 3-dimensional objects. The rupee notes are cubical in shape while their coins are spherical. However the coin minting machinery lays out some stipulations on the size of the coins.The diameter of the coins should be at least 64mm and not exceed 512mm. Given a coin, the diameter of the next larger coin is at least 50% greater. The diameter of the coin must always be an integer. You are asked to design a set of coins of different diameters with these requirements and your goal is to design as many coins as possible. How many coins can you design? 5 9 6 8
Ans: c(hint:first coin has length 64 mm,2nd coin diamter length 64+(50/100)*64,3rd coin 2nd coins diameter length+50/100 of 2nd coinds lenght,in that way go till you reach maximum diamter length 512!now think!
16. The pacelength P is the distance between the rear of two consecutive footprints. For men, the formula, n/P = 144 gives an approximate relationship between n and P where, n = number of steps per minute and P = pacelength in meters. Bernard knows his pacelength is 164cm. The formula applies to Bernard's walking. Calculate Bernard's walking speed in kmph. 23.62 11.39 8.78 236.16 ans:a
17.A hollow cube of size 5 cm is taken, with a thickness of 1 cm. It is made of smaller cubes of size 1 cm. If 4 faces of the outer surface of the cube are painted, totally how many faces of the smaller cubes remain unpainted? 800 500 488 900
ans:side of cube = 5 cm its thichness = 1 cm so volume of outer cube = 5*5*5 volume of inner cube = 3*3*3 volume of the hollow cube = 5*5*5 - 3*3*3 = 98 so total no of small cubes of the size 1 cm = 98/1*1*1 = 98 we know a cube has 6 faces so total no of face = 98*6 = 588 one surface of outer cube contains a total of 25 surface of smaller cube , so when 4 surface of outer cube is painted total no of surface of small cubes i.e supposed to be painted is 4*25 = 100 so the total no of surfaces of small cube that will be remained unpainted is 588-100 = 488
no of faces remain unpainted: 588-( 25* no faces painted)
18. 10 suspects are rounded by the police and questioned about a bank robbery. Only one of them is guilty. The suspects are made to stand in a line and each person declares that the person next to him on his right is guilty. The rightmost person is not questioned. Which of the following possibilities are true? A. All suspects are lying or the leftmost suspect is innocent. B. All suspects are lying and the leftmost suspect is innocent . A only B only Neither A nor B Both A and B
19. A lady has fine gloves and hats in her closet- 18 blue, 32 red, and 25 yellow. The lights are out and it is totally dark. In spite of the darkness, she can make out the difference between a hat and a glove. She takes out an item out of the closet only if she is sure that if it is a glove. How many gloves must she take out to make sure she has a pair of each color? a)50 b)8 c)60 d)42 ans:60 There can be lots of logic for this, but approach the simplest one so that we approach to one of the solutions. Suppose the lady first picks 32 Red gloves, and then 24 Yellow gloves. The next pair she pics will be one Yellow and One Blue which does not make a pair. The next two will be blue gloves. So she make a total of 32+24+1+1+2 = 60 picks.
20. One day Rapunzel meets Dwarf and Byte in the Forest of forgetfulness. She knows that Dwarf lies on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and tells the truth on the other days of the week. Byte, on the other hand, lies on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, but tells the truth on the other days of the week. Now they make the following statements to Rapunzel ? Dwarf: Yesterday was one of those days when I lie. Byte: Yesterday was one of those days when I lie too. What day is it?
a]Thursday b]Tuesday c]Sunday d]Monday ANS:: Thursday Explanation : On Thursday, Dwarf says truth. i.e Yesterday(Wednesday) was one of those days when I lies. Its true. On the other hand, On Thursday, Byte lies. i.e Yesterday(Wednesday) was one of those days when I lie too. Its a lie.... So both satisfied. Hence its Thursday.
21 The citizens of planet nigiet are 5 fingered and have thus developed their decimal system in base 8. A certain street in nigiet contains 1000 (in base 5) buildings numbered 1 to 1000. How many 3s are used in numbering these buildings? Express result in terms of base 10. a) 54 b)64 c) 75 d) 100
I didnt ans it..
For base 8.. (8^2)*3 i dont know how to xpress it base 10
Out of 35 question i had attempted 33 question nd cut off was around 27. Accuracy matters. Put R. S. Aggarwal in ur drawer. For TCS RS Aggarwal is not required.
On next day first we had PPT by TCS. TCS recruiters were 3 hrs late :D
We were divided into IT and ITIS. IT is core progarmin nd ITIS networkin nd cloud computin etc etc. i waz selected for IT.
Please Please take complete sleep before interview day. My name was called at 8:20 pm about 15 times and i was listening to music in my hostel room at fifth floor 63 stairs above ground ( i was exhuasted upto 8 pm dats y dis rest helped me a lot) Special Thanx 2 Akash as he called on my mobile. When I reached there collecting my breathe, luckily it waz dinner time at 9.20pm. TR call me.
TR: ( he opened door for himself as well as for me) aao... kya naam hain aapka.. ( he asked me in hindi) Me: told
TR: aao batho.. Me: Thnk, Sir. Good Evening, Sir
TR: aapne dinner kara Me: Yes Sir, Mane dinner kara..
TR: Kya bana tha Me: told (actuly i didnt eat my dinner, it waz just a fruit n nut choco)
TR: Tell me about yourself Me: told ( he noticed my hobbie)
TR: Elaborate ur hobbie Me: told
TR: What are ur major subjects?? Me: C, C++, SE, DBMS ( he noted it down)
TR: tell me about your project. ye aapne khud kiya hain ya banwaya hain ya bas padh ke aaye ho.. Me: told
TR: ( completely satisfy nd smiled) gud. explain joins.. ME: told
TR: write query for joins Me: Sorry Sir, I dont remeber it rite nw ( confidently)
TR: Ok, koi baat nahi. expalin ACID properties of DBMS. Me: told wid example
TR: What have u read in SE??? ME: told
TR: gud.. Why should we hire you?? Me: told
TR: If i reject you in this interview, wht would u do??? Me: ( lose confidence, but regain it widin fractions of second) told
TR: What are ur limitations in this interview??? ME: Nothing
TR: ( Smiled nd give a nod ) okay m finished.. thank ME: thank ( still sit) Sir, May i ask you question???
TR: Yes why not... bolo kya baat hain... Me: Wht would be my work profile??
TR: told ( he showed me a ppt which had just received from a client) Me: May i kno ur intro???
TR: told ( he z a very very xprncd person) if i know it before my interview might be i waz nervous before him.. Me: Thank you Sir, Nice to meet u
TR: Same here At 9.30 am next day, TR rezlt waz declrd nd i waz in HR.
She is a young lady, perhaps 27 or 28, but her face waz expresionless.
Again, I waz expectin dat my HR would be around 10 am. But i waz called at 9.35 am. i waz not prepared for it at dat tym. It proved beneficial for me. NEVER CRAM ANYTHING FROM UR CV. one of my friend lost dis oppurtunity only due to it.
HR: Tell me about yourself??
Me: told ( noticed hobbie) HR: Tell me about ur hobbie??
Me: told HR: What ur career objective??
Me: told HR: Where do u see urself after 10 yrs???
Me: Told HR: relocation, bond etc???
ME: close ur ear, eye, nose nd say yes ( if u want dis job) Me: Ma'am ur intro???
HR: told Me: ask sum personal question ( nothin deep personal, only bout her job)
HR: told ( it waz d last nd first tym she smiled during whole placement process while interviewing other students) Me: Thanku ma'am, nice to meet u.
Hr: same here. At 7 pm, I got my first job nd again it waz informed by my friend while i waz taking nap. :)
Note: For ITIS, study CN, OS nd ur project.
For IT, Java, c,c++ nd ur project.
For toppers, u vil be put in IT nd Recruitment team head will take ur interview. It is d test of maintain cool, confidence and spontaneity. Never lose hope. If it would nt hire u den another one vil hire u.
All the best!
You can mail me firstname.lastname@example.org
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.