TCS Placement Paper Whole Testpaper G.L.A.I.T.M. ,Mathura-7 Apr 2007
TCS PAPER ON 7th APRIL AT MATHURA
Hello friends , this site has helped me a lot through TCS. So I want to share my experience. I am from G.L.A. Institute Of Technology And Management , Mathura. In TCS most of the questions are repeated from the previous papers . Their was a slight change in our apti, that we didn?t had the sectional cut-off. I suggest u to be well prepared with GRE BARRONS 12th edition. It?s a key to TCS. We had online aptitude test on 7th April , 2007 and had the technical and the HR interview on the 10th April , 2007 . the apti result was not declared on 7th but on 10th morning.
The test was divided in three sections as:
1. GRE Barron will be helpful.(12th edition)
2. Be very much concerned for time.
3. Be confident and calm in your technical and HR interview.
No Sectional Cut off.
No Negative Marks.
No Psychometric Test was there for us.
Appearance of Psychometric means you cleared the test.
Section A consisted of 10 antonyms and 10 synonyms. I don?t remember them but u have to be well prepared with the GRE BARRONS 12TH EDITION
Next was to fill lines in the gaps: (10 Qs)
There were 10 gaps to be filled in with lines in a passage given.that was similar as fill in the blanks.
Section B was the QUANTITATIVE section. Some of the questions were as below. The quantitative questions in TCS are always repeated . So I suggest u to go through the previous question papers available.
1. Find the result of the following __expression if, M denotes modulus operation, R denotes round-off, T denotes truncation: M(373,5)+R(3.4)+T(7.7)+R(5.8)
2. What is the largest prime number that can be stored in an 8-bit memory?
3. Find the physical quantity in units from the equation: (Force*Distance)/(Velocity*Velocity)
4. Find the value of @@+25-++@16, where @ denotes "square" and + denotes "square root".
5. If f(0)=1 and f(n)= f(n-1)*n, find the value of f(4).
6. Consider the following diagram for answering the following questions:A). Find the difference between people playing cricket and tennis alone.B). Find the percentage of people playing hockey to that playing both hockey and cricket.C). Find the percentage of people playing all the games to the total number of players.7.One more question of the same type (Same type of diagram; of course in a different set)A). How many more or less speak English thanFrench?B). What % people speak all the three languages?C). What % people speak German but not English?
8.Select the odd one outa. Oracle
c. Ingress d. DB2 9.Select the odd one outa. SMTP b. WAPc. SAP d. ARP10. Select the odd man out.a. Java
c. Smalltalk d. Eiffel 11. Which of the following are orthogonal pairs?a. 3i+2j b. i+j
c. 2i-3j d. -7i+j12. Number of faces, vertices and edges of a cubea. 12,8,6 b. 4,6,8 c. 6,8,12 d. 6,12,8
13. A man, a woman, and a child can do a piece of work in 6 days. Man only can do it in 24 days. Woman can do it in 16 days and in how many days child can do the same work?
14. In Madras, temperature at noon varies according to -t^2/2 + 8t + 3, where t is elapsed time. Find how much temperature more or less in 4pm to 9pm.
15. The size of a program is N. And the memory occupied by the program is given by M = square root of 100N. If the size of the program is increased by 1% then how much memory now occupied ?
16. A power unit is there by the bank of the river of 750 meters width. A cable is made from power unit to power a plant opposite to that of the river and 1500mts away from the power unit. The cost of the cable below water is Rs. 15/- per meter and cost of cable on the bank is Rs.12/- per meter. Find the total of laying the cable.
17. .WHICH WILL GIVE GOOD STANDARD DEVIATION
1. (7,0,-7,0,7) 2. (7,-7,7,-7,7) 3. (1,0,-1,0,1)
18. WHICH IS NOT A SIDE OF A RECTANGULAR
1. (2m, 3m, 4m ) 2. (3m, 4m, 7m ) 3. (3m, 5m, 9m )
19. WHICH SHAPE WILL BE OBTAINED BY USING THESE VALUES
OF X ,Y
20. G (0) =1 G (1)= -1 IF G (N)=G (N-1) + G(N-2) THEN WHAT IS THE VALUE OF G (6)?
21. A 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 B 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 C 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1
Then find the decimal equivalent of ( A U B ) ? C.
22. WHICH ONE WILL BE THE EXACT POWER OF 3
(i) 2768 (ii) 2678 (III) 2187 (IV) ?
23. In the word ?ORGANISATION? if we change 1st & 2nd, 3rd & 4th, so on then will be 10th letter from right?
24.Then three Questions on VENN DIAGRAM below
HOW MANY PERSON play cricket
HOW MUCH % OF PEOPLE play ALL THE 3 games
HOW MUCH % OF PEOPLE THOSE WHO play cricket and football but not basketball?
Section C was of CRITICAL REASONING .
It consisted of three reasoning and was subdivided into 4 parts each. I don?t remember them but u again have to be well prepared wit GRE BARRONS 12th edition , because all of the reasoning were from there only .
I was in the starting batch of my interview. There were two interviewers in my panel. The questions came as follows?..
1.Tell us about yourself ?
Ans. I replied.
2. They were not clear about my branch ,as I mentioned E.N. in the application form. So the next question was that which branch is E.N?
Ans . I replied that was electrical and electronics engg. And was abbreviated as E.N in ours university.
3.Which computer languages are you familiar with?
Ans. I had mentioned only ?C ?language in my cv. So the asked me questions related to that. and one thing more if u don?t know something ,be true for that and accept that u don?t know that. Unnecessarily don?t fiddle with that.
4. They asked me that what is a diode?and give its application?
Ans . I simply replied diode is a pn junction which is used in rectifying circuits.they asked me to explain with help of circuit diagram. That was a easy task.
5. What is the frequency of human eyes?
Ans. I didn?t knew it ,and I accepted it. The interviewer replied that it was 18 hz per second.
6. What is a transformer?
Ans .i replied
7.they asked me to draw the waveform for the input voltage at our home?
Ans. It was easy.
8.What this waveform is known as?
Ans. Again a easy one I replied it as sinusoidal wave.
9.They asked me to WAP for multiplication of two matrix?
And some more questions related to my branch?
There were two persons in the hr interview. They asked me why do I want to join TCS. After that the again came on technical and asked for my area of interest.. I was well prepared with ELECTRICAL MACHINES ,so I opted for it. then some questions came regarding the motors and I was comfortable with them. The asked for my second area of interest? I went for MICROPROCESSORS.
They asked me
1. What is a microprocessor?
2. Why it is called a microprocessor?
3. How many types of microprocessors are there ?
4. What is the latest microprocessors used?
5. When was the first microprocessor developed?
Then they came back to electrical?why a bird sitting on the transmission line does not get affected by the current in the line, while a man gets a shock?
The then asked that would I work anywhere ,do any sort of work, and work anytime?
My answer was obviously YES
They then asked that if I had any questions??..
1. I asked about some questions that I heard about TCS during the ppt?
2. I asked about their training programe?
The thing you must concentrate most upon is the communication skill.. The result was declared at about 10pm . there were 43 students selected and I was one of them.
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.