TCS Placement Paper Whole Testpaper DURGAPUR-01 Jun 2006
TCS PAPER - JUN 2006 - DURGAPUR
Hai i am Naveen,
I have attend the TCS exam on June.
The question paper had 82 questions in all.
The were 3 sets x, y, z.
My set was Z
The pattern for all the sets was-:
32 - Questions from English
38 - Aptitude
12 ? Critical reasoning
10 ? Antonyms
10 ? Synonyms
All the words were from Barron. I don?t remember the words but they were from the previous years questions.
6 ? Fill in the blanks with the sentences.
6 ? Reading comprehension 15th edition page no. ? 98 Like her white friends ????
Critical reasoning - Barron?s 11th edition
Modal test 1 ? section 5 ?> question 1 - 4 For a motorist ??
Modal test 1 ? section 5 -> question 13 ? 16 In a certain society??.
- - - - -- - - - - - - -- - - - - -- - - - -
- - - -- - -- - --
All the questions were from gre barron?s 11th 12th edition or before ANALYTICAL REASONING MODAL TEST PAPERS.
The reasoning part is the deciding factor because other questions were very easy and anyone can solve them. Only these questions decide for the selection.
The aptitude questions were repetitions of the previous papers.
1. In the word ORGANISATIONAL, if the first and second, third and
fourth, fourth and fifth, fifth and sixth words are interchanged up to the
last letter, what would be the tenth letter from right? Ans:-I R
2. What is the largest prime number that can be stored in an 8-bit,/6-bit/,9bit/,7,bit memory?
3. The size of a program is N. And the memory occupied by the program is given by M = square root of 4000N. If the size of the program is increased by 1% then how much memory now occupied?
Soln:- M1 = sqrt(S1) = sqrt(4000N)
S2 = 101%S1 = 1.01N
M2 = sqrt(S2) = sqrt(4000*(1.01N)) = sqrt(4040N)
Though doing upto this is sufficient, you may go a bit further
by calculating the % increase.
%increase = (((sqrt(4040N) - sqrt(4000N)) / sqrt(4000N)) *
= (((sqrt(40N) * (sqrt(101) - sqrt(100))) / (sqrt
* sqrt(100))) * 100) %
= (((sqrt(101) - 10) / 10) * 100) %
= ((10 * sqrt(101)) - 100) %
= ((10 * 10.05) - 100) %
= (100.5 - 100) %
= 0.5 %
4. Find the value of >>+25-++>16, where >denotes "square" and + denotes "square root".
Soln:- >>+25-++>16 = (>(>(+(25)))) - (+(+(>(16))))
= (sqr(sqr(sqrt(25)))) - (sqrt(sqrt(sqr(16))))
= (sqr(25)) - (sqrt(16))
= 625 - 4 = 621
5. Find the result of the following ___expression if, M denotes modulus operation, R denotes round-off, T denotes truncation:
Soln:- M(373,5)+R(3.4)+T(7.7)+R(5.8) = 3 + 3 + 7 + 6 = 19
6. G(0)=1, G(1)=-1, G(N)=2*G(N-1) -3* G(N-2), G(5)= ?
7. A power unit is there by the bank of the river of 900 meters width. A cable is made from power unit to power a plant opposite to that of the river and 3000mts away from the power unit. The cost of the cable below water is Rs. 5/- per meter and cost of cable on the bank is Rs.4/- per meter. Find the total of laying the cable.
8. In calcutta, temperature at noon varies according to -t^2/6 + 12t + 12, where t is elapsed time from noon. Find how much temperature more or less in 3pm to 9pm
9. Which triangle is not possible ( combination of degrees/sides are given)?
10. If A, B and C are the mechanisms used separately to reduce the wastage of fuel by 30%, 20% and 10%. What will be the fuel economy if they were used combined.
11. A, B and C are 8 bit no's. They are as follows:
A 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 1
B 0 1 1 1 1 0 1 0
C 0 1 1 0 1 1 0 1
Find ( (A-B) u C )=?
12. A Flight takes off at 2 A.M from northeast direction and travels for 11 hours to reach the destination which is in north- west direction. The latitude and longitude of source and destination station was given. Find the local time of destination when the flight reaches there?
13. A can copy 50 papers in 10 hours while both A & B can copy 70 papers in 10 hours. Then for how many hours required for B to copy 26 Papers
14. Which of the following set of numbers has the highest Standard deviation?
hint:- 1 may be replaced by 7
15. If TAFJHH is coded as RBEKGI then RBDJK can be coded as ---------
16. The size of the bucket is N kb. The bucket fills at the rate of 0.1 kb per millisecond. A programmer sends a program to receiver. There it waits for 10 milliseconds. And response will be back to programmer in 20 milliseconds. How much time the program takes to get a response back to the programmer, after it is sent?
17. A man, a woman, and a child can do a piece of work in 6 days. Man only can do it in 24 days. Woman can do it in 16 days and in how many days child can do the same work?
18. Which one is the power of 2? a. 2068 b.2048 c.2668
19. A 2D array is declared as A[9,7] and each element requires 2 byte.
If A[ 1,1 ] is stored in 3000. Find the memory of A[8,5] ?
20. A Venn ? diagram was given .Three questions were asked from them. The questions were easy based on the intersection of the facts.
21. Fitting a curve
22. To recognize the equation of a curve.
23. Find the value of the 678 to the base 7.
24. Number of faces, vertices and edges of a cube 6 8 12
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.