TCS Placement Paper Whole Testpaper Chennai-
1. Two trains are running in opposite directions with the same speed. If the length of each train is 120 metres and they cross each other in 12 seconds, then the speed of each train (in km/hr) is:
2. A train travelling at 48 kmph completely crosses another train having half its length and travelling in opposite direction at 42 kmph, in 12 seconds. It also passes a railway platform in 45 seconds. The length of the platform is
A. 400 m
B. 450 m
C. 560 m
D. 600 m
3. A number consists of 3 digits whose sum is 10. The middle digit is equal to the sum of the other two and the number will be increased by 99 if its digits are reversed. The number is:
4. Ayesha's father was 38 years of age when she was born while her mother was 36 years old when her brother four years younger to her was born. What is the difference between the ages of her parents?
A. 2 years
B. 4 years
C. 6 years
D. 8 years
5. A large cube is formed from the material obtained by melting three smaller cubes of 3, 4 and 5 cm side. What is the ratio of the total surface areas of the smaller cubes and the large cube?
A. 2 : 1
B. 3 : 2
C. 25 : 18
D. 27 : 20
6. A dishonest shopkeeper professes to sell pulses at the cost price, but he uses a false weight of 950gm. for a kg. His gain is ?%.
7. A contractor agreeing to finish a work in 150 days, employed 75 men each working 8 hours daily. After 90 days, only 2/7 of the work was completed. Increasing the number of men by ________ each working now for 10 hours daily, the work can be completed in time.
8. How many 4-letter words with or without meaning, can be formed out of the letters of the word, 'LOGARITHMS', if repetition of letters is not allowed?
9. If Rs. 10 be allowed as true discount on a bill of Rs. 110 due at the end of a certain time, then the discount allowed on the same sum due at the end of double the time is:
A. Rs. 20
B. Rs. 21.81
C. Rs. 22
D. Rs. 18.33
10. It takes Mr. Karthik y hours to complete typing a manuscript. After 2 hours, he was called away. What fractional part of the assignment was left incomplete?
11. A computer routine was developed to generate two numbers (X, Y) the first being a random number between 0 and 100 inclusive, and the second being less than or equal to the square root of the first. Each of the following pairs satisfies the routine EXCEPT
12. Two persons start walking from the same place in opposite directions. After walking for 4 mts, both of them take the left and walk for another 3 mts. Then what is the distance b/w them?
13. A 5 litre jug contains 4 litres of a saltwater solution that is 15 percent salt. If 1.5 litres of the solution spilts out of jug, and the jug is then filled to capacity with water, approximately what percent of the resulting solution in the jug is salt?
14. In a certain store, the profit is 320% of the cost. If the cost increases by 25% but the selling price remains constant, approximately what percentage of the selling price is the profit?
15. Excluding stoppages, the speed of a bus is 54 kmph and including stoppages, it is 45 kmph. For how many minutes does the bus stop per hour?
16. A farmer travelled a distance of 61 km in 9 hours. He travelled partly on foot @ 4 km/hr and partly on bicycle @ 9 km/hr. The distance travelled on foot is:
A. 14 km
B. 15 km
C. 16 km
D. 17 km
17. A man standing at a point P is watching the top of a tower, which makes an angle of elevation of 30º with the man's eye. The man walks some distance towards the tower to watch its top and the angle of the elevation becomes 60º. What is the distance between the base of the tower and the point P?
A. 4?3 units
B. 8 units
C. 12 units
D. Data inadequate
E. None of these
18. The effective annual rate of interest corresponding to a nominal rate of 6% per annum payable half-yearly is:
19. Two numbers A and B are such that the sum of 5% of A and 4% of B is two-third of the sum of 6% of A and 8% of B. Find the ratio of A : B.
A. 2 : 3
B. 1 : 1
C. 3 : 4
D. 4 : 3
20. Divide Rs. 1162 among A, B, C in the ratio 35 : 28 : 20.
21. Two cards are drawn at random from a pack of 52 cards. What is the probability that either both are black or both are queen?
22. Seats for mathematics ,physics and biology in a school are in the ratio 5:7:8. There is a proposal to increase these seats by 40%, 50%, &75 % respectively. What will be the ratio of increased seats
A. 2 : 3 : 4
B. 6 : 7 : 8
C. 6 : 8 : 9
D. None of these
23. Arrange the fractions 3/5, 4/7, 8/9, and 9/11 in their descending order.
24. What could be the maximum value of Q in the following equation?
5P9 + 3R7 + 2Q8 = 1114
25. Find the total number of prime factors in the expression (4)11 x (7)5 x (11)2.
26. Two pipes can fill a cistern in 14 hours and 16 hours respectively. The pipes are opened simultaneously and it is found that due to leakage in the bottom it tooki 32 minutes more to fill the cistern.When the cistern is full, in what time will the leak empty it?
27. Running at the same constant rate, 6 identical machines can produce a total of 270 bottles per minute. At this rate, how many bottles could 10 such machines produce in 4 minutes?
28. In a camp, there is a meal for 120 men or 200 children. If 150 children have taken the meal, how many men will be catered to with remaining meal?
29. A grocer has a sale of Rs. 6435, Rs. 6927, Rs. 6855, Rs. 7230 and Rs. 6562 for 5 consecutive months. How much sale must he have in the sixth month so that he gets an average sale of Rs. 6500?
A. Rs. 4991
B. Rs. 5991
C. Rs. 6001
D. Rs. 6991
30. The captain of a cricket team of 11 members is 26 years old and the wicket keeper is 3 years older. If the ages of these two are excluded, the average age of the remaining players is one year less than the average age of the whole team. What is the average age of the team?
A. 23 years
B. 24 years
C. 25 years
31. ` A car owner buys petrol at Rs.7.50, Rs. 8 and Rs. 8.50 per litre for three successive years. What approximately is the average cost per litre of petrol if he spends Rs. 4000 each year?
A. Rs. 8
B. Rs. 7.98
C. Rs. 8.50
D. Rs. 9
32. A tank is filled by three pipes with uniform flow. The first two pipes operating simultaneously fill the tank in the same time during which the tank is filled by the third pipe alone. The second pipe fills the tank 5 hours faster than the first pipe and 4 hours slower than the third pipe. The time required by the first pipe is:
A. 6 hours
B. 10 hours
C. 15 hours
D. 30 hours
33. A boat takes 90 minutes less to travel 36 miles downstream than to travel the same distance upstream. If the speed of the boat in still water is 10 mph, the speed of the stream is:
34. On what dates of April, 2001 did Wednesday fall?
A. 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th
B. 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th
C. 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th
D. 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th
35. How many times in a day, are the hands of a clock in straight line but opposite in direction?
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.