TCS Placement Paper Whole Testpaper BBDNITM Lucknow.-08 Mar 2008
TCS PAPER ON 8th MARCH AT LUCKNOW
Hi friends, I m YUSUF KHAN (MCA 2006-09)from BBDNITM LKO. I was appeared in TCS recruitment process on 8th march 2008 at BBDNITM lko. There were three rounds- written test (online), TI (technical interview) and
HR round. Basically TCS recruitment process starts with the online exam.
ROUND 1 Online exam pattern:: It basically consist three sections- VERBAL,QUANT APTITUDE and CRITICAl reasoning.There was no sectional cut off. Tcs has fixed cutoff for whole written test it is not based on the high scorers. So as u complete the test ,the result will be displayed immediately and if u r selected then u r eligible for other rounds.
VERBAl SECTION: :it consists of 10 Antonyms,10 synonyms and abt 10 to 12 ques based on passage reading.
SYNONYMS: florid mirage furor choleric infirmity pinnacle voracious slump placate expound ANTONYMS: lugubrious retrospection industry mitigate synergy boorish gamely indigenous fascinate prostrate
(Actually these are the words which I got in my test paper, but I would advise not to waste ur time in learning English first coz no one can get more than two or three words, so don?t worry for that just see all the words from previous papers.)
SECTION -2 (APTITUDE) 1) If log 0.317=0.3332 and log 0.318=0.3364 then find log 0.319 ? Sol) log 0.317=0.3332 and log 0.318=0.3364, then log 0.319=log0.318+(log(0.318-0.317)) = 0.3396
2)My flight takes of at 2am from a place at 18N 10E and landed 10 Hrs later at a place with coordinates 36N70W. What is the local time when my plane landed? 6:00 am b) 6:40am c) 7:40 d) 7:00 e) 8:00 Sol) The destination place is 80 degree west to the starting place. Hence the time difference between these two places is 5 hour 20 min. (=24hr*80/360). When the flight landed, the time at the starting place is 12 noon (2 AM + 10 hours). Hence, the time at the destination place is 12 noon - 5:20 hours = 6: 40 AM
3) what's the answer for that : A, B and C are 8 bit no's. They are as follows: A -> 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 B -> 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 C -> 0 0 1 1 1 0 1 0 ( - =minus, u=union) Find ((A - C) u B) =? To find A-C, We will find 2's compliment of C and them add it with A, That will give us (A-C) 2's compliment of C=1's compliment of C+1 =11000101+1=11000110 A-C=11000101+11000110 =10001001
Now (A-C) U B is .OR. logic operation on (A-C) and B 10001001 .OR . 00110011 The answer is = 10111011, Whose decimal equivalent is 187.
4) In a two-dimensional array, X (9, 7), with each element occupying 4 bytes of memory, with the address of the first element X (1, 1) is 3000, find the address of X (8, 5) Sol) initial x (1,1) = 3000 u hav to find from x(8,1)so u have x(1,1),x(1,2) ... x(7,7) = so u have totally 7 * 7 = 49 elementsu need to find for x(8,5) ? here we have 5 elements each element have 4 bytes : (49 + 5 -1) * 4 = 212 -----( -1 is to deduct the 1 element ) 3000 + 212 = 3212
5)The size of a program is N. And the memory occupied by the program is given by M = square root of 100N. If the size of the program is increased by 1% then how much memory now occupied ? Sol) M=sqrt(100N) N is increased by 1% therefore new value of N=N + (N/100) =101N/100 M=sqrt(100 * (101N/100) ) Hence, we get M=sqrt(101 * N)
6)In two dimensional array X(7,9) each element occupies 2 bytes of memory.If the address of first element X(1,1)is 1258 then what will be the address of the element X(5,8) ? Sol) Here, the address of first element x is 1258 and also 2 byte of memory is given. now, we have to solve the address of element x, therefore, 1258+ 5*8*2 = 1258+80 = 1338 so the answer is 1338.
7) The temperature at Mumbai is given by the function: -t2/6+4t+12 where t is the elapsed time since midnight. What is the percentage rise (or fall) in temperature between 5.00PM and 8.00PM?
8)If g (0)=g (1)=1 And g (n)= g (n-1) + g (n ?2) find g (6);
9)Find the physical quantity represented by MOMENTUM *VELOCITY] / [LENGTH * ACCELERATION]?
10).Which is the largest prime number that can be stored in a 6-bit register?
11) In a two-dimensional array, X (9, 7), with each element occupying 4 bytes of memory, with the address of the first element X (1, 1) is 3000, find the address of X (8, 5). ANS: 3212
12)Select the odd one out a. Oracle b. Linux c. Ingress d. DB2 ANS: LINUX
13)In which of the system, decimal number 194 is equal to 1234? ANS:5
14) Number of faces, vertices and edges of a cube ANS:6,8,12
15) Find the result of the following _expression if, M denotes modulus operation, R denotes round-off, T denotes truncation: M(373,5)+R(3.4)+T(7.7)+R(5.8) ANS:19
16)If TAFJHH is coded as RBEKGI then RBDJK can be coded as --------- ANS: PCCKJ
17) Which of the following are orthogonal pairs? a. 3i+2j b. i+j c. 2i-3j d. -7i+j ANS: (A)& (C).
18) What is the power of 2? a. 2068 b.2048 c.2668 ANS: (B). 2048
19)Which of the following set of numbers has the highest Standard deviation? 1,0,1,0,1,0 -1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1 1,1,1,1,1,1 1,1,0,-1,0,-1
20). Match the following: 1. Male - Boy ---> a. A type of 2. Square - Polygon ---> b. A part of 3. Roof - Building ---> c. Not a type of
(All questions are repeated so learn the answers of all ques from previous year paper, so plz go through all prev year questions)
CRITICAL SECTION:: Actually this is the most important, scoring and deciding section of the test.
All the questions are from GRE BARON (strictly 12th edition) so go through all 5 model test paper?s analytical section (1 to 5) given at last in Baron. No need to waste ur time and money in buying other books for TCS just go through Baron only ,all questions are from this book.
ROUND 2: TECHNICAL INTERVIEW:: Be prepared for the technical interview. Mostly its on the same day after one hour.Prepare few of ur subjects very well like C,C++,DS,DBMS(specially queries),OS,COMP Networks,OOPs concepts etc.Hey friends don?t be afraid, thay wil not ask u anything in depth they just check ur awareness and ask only some basic conceptual questions. They may ask abt ur fav subjects bt still they ask u abt DBMS n other subjects that u hv studied in earlier sem, so don?t tell them the names of the subjects in which u don?t hv good command. If u don?t know anything abt the ques asked by them then don?t try to make false stories or guesses, just simply deny that u don?t know, and always try to divert them towards ur fav subjects. They will ask u abt ur project ,if u hv done any, so be prepared for it, it?s E R diagram, SRS,front end, back end,DFD,and overview of the project etc.Don?t BE quiet, be talkative nd don?t get embarrassed if u don?t know the answer.be confident.i m attaching few most important ques of DBMS,SQL,C,C++ etc for TI , just go through them if u don?t hv much time, it will be enough.So u people can download it or if u don?t hv it just ask me on my e-mail(firstname.lastname@example.org).
ROUND 3: HR ROUND:: The key elements for this ROUND according to me are-CCT i.e. be Calm,be Confident(not over confident) and be Talkative. Basically they ask u all those ques that are typically asked in all interviews so be prepared for it ,readymade answers.Normally they check ur confident level, English speaking, and wat efforts u hv done before coming to face HR interview. Just go through the home page of TCS website and collect in formations abt them like::
Who is chairman, CEO, CFO, COO of TCS, BOARD of directors, Company?s MISSION , VISION and VALUES, Target achieved by company during last few yrs, position of company in IT field etc.
Questions for HR (be prepared for atleast these ques)
1. Describe yourself?? 2. ur hobbies(be prepared for this ques coz they will ask u much abt that ,if u say singing be prepare for a song,if u say joking be prepared to tell them a joke etc.) 3. Why u want to join TCS?? 4. Where would u think urself after five years in TCS? 5. Why should I hire u?? 6. they may ask u something abt tcs?its statistics, CEo,CFO etc. 7. whats ur fav time pass?? 8. ur strength ,ur weakness (don?t tel them any grt weaknes of urs like if u hv less communication skills, etc) 9. Do u have any role model?? Describe his/her achievements? 10. Finally they will ask u do u want to ask something from them? So if u hv some genuine ques to ask u may ask.
Statistics:: Overall 580 students appeared for written test. Qualified for round 2::360 Qualified for round 3::195 Finally selected:90 students B-Tech 86 from all branches and MCA?s only four (coz only 17 appeared for written)
Finally result was announced on 11th march 08 at 12:30 a.m. and I was selected.
So all the best n meet u in TCS.
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.