TCS Placement Paper Whole Testpaper Ahamedabad-02 May 2008
TCS PAPER ON 2ND MAY AT AHAMEDABAD
Hi friends, We had TCS for campus recruitment in our college last week and I was one of the fortunate ones to get selected in it. The recruitment consists of 3 parts: 1. Aptitude Test (Time limit 90 minutes) The paper consists of 3 sections. 1. Verbal 2. Quantitative 3. Critical Reasoning VERBAL (30 Q) For verbal, go through the papers given in freshersworld. Most of the antonyms and synonyms are repeated from selected list. RCs are asked from GRE barron?s 12th edition. But even if u don?t go through it, its okay because I feel they are not that tough. But do RCs only at the end. Don?t waste your time for it in the beginning. Some of the synonyms asked to me were:
2. In the word ORGANISATIONAL, if the first and second, third and forth, forth and fifth, fifth and sixth words are interchanged up to the last letter, what would be the tenth letter from right?
3. What is the largest prime number that can be stored in an 8-bit memory?
4. Select the odd one out?..a. Java b. Lisp c. Smalltalk d. Eiffel.
5. Select the odd one out a. SMTP b. WAP c. SAP d. ARP
6. Select the odd one out a. Oracle b. Linux c. Ingress d. DB2
7. Select the odd one out a. WAP b. HTTP c. BAAN d. ARP
8. Select the odd one out a. LINUX b. UNIX c. SOLARIS d. SQL SEVER
9. Select the odd one out a. SQL b. DB2 c. SYBASE d. HTTP
10. The size of a program is N. And the memory occupied by the program is given by M = square root of 100N. If the size of the program is increased by 1% then how much memory now occupied?
11. One no. would be given in decimal base system and that no.?s equivalent in another base system. U need to identify the base system.
12. Number of faces, vertices and edges of a cube
13. Complete the series 8,9,10,11,_,14,15,17
14. Find the result of the following expression if, M denotes modulus operation, R denotes round-off, T denotes truncation: M(373,5)+R(3.4)+T(7.7)+R(5.8)
15. If TAFJHH is coded as RBEKGI then RBDJK can be coded as?
16. G(0)= -1, G(1)=1, G(N)=G(N-1) - G(N-2), G(5)= ?
17. What is the max possible 3 digit prime number?
18. A power unit is there by the bank of the river of 750 meters width. A cable is made from power unit to power plant opposite to that of the river and 1500mts away from the power unit.The cost of the cable below water is Rs.15/- per meter and cost of cable on the bank is Rs.12/-per meter. Find the total of laying the cable.
19. The size of a program is N. And the memory occupied by the program is given by M = square root of 100N. If the size of the program is increased by 1% then how much memory now occupied?
20. In Madras, temperature at noon varies according to -t^2/2 + 8t + 3, where t is elapsed time. Find how much % increase in temperature from 4pm to 9pm.
21. The size of the bucket is N kb. The bucket fills at the rate of 0.1 kb per millisecond. A programmer sends a program to receiver. There it waits for 10 milliseconds. And response will be back to programmer in 20 milliseconds. How much time the program takes to get a response back to the programmer, after it is sent?
22. A man, a woman, and a child can do a piece of work in 6 days. Man only can do it in 24 days. Woman can do it in 16 days and in how many days child can do the same work?
23. Which of the following are orthogonal pairs? a. 3i+2j b. i+j c. 2i-3j d. -7i+j
24. If VXUPLVH is written as SURMISE, what is SHDVD?
25. If A, B and C are the mechanisms used separately to reduce the wastage of fuel by 30%, 20% and 10%.What will be the fuel economy if they were used combined.
26. What is the power of 2? a. 2068 b.2048 c.2668
27. Complete the series. 3, 8, --, 24, --, 48, 63.
28. Complete the series. 4, -5, 11, -14, 22, --
29. A, B and C are 8 bit no's. They are as follows: A -> 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 1 B -> 0 1 1 1 1 0 1 0 C -> 0 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 Find ((A-B) u C)=?
30. A Flight takes off at 2 A.M from northeast direction and travels for 11 hours to reach the destination, which is in northwest direction. Given the latitude and longitude of source and destination. Find the local time of destination when the flight reaches there?
31. A can copy 50 papers in 10 hours while both A & B can copy 70 papers in 10 hours. Then for how many hours required for B to copy 26 papers?
32. A is twice efficient than B. A and B can both work together to complete a work in 7 days. Then find in how many days, A alone can complete the work?
33. A finish the work in 10 days. B is 60% efficient than A. So how many days do B takes to finish the work?
35. Given the length of the 3 sides of a triangle. Find the one that is impossible? (HINT: sum of smaller 2 sides is greater than the other one, which is larger)
36. Find the singularity matrix from a given set of matrices?
37. A 2D array is declared as A[9,7] and each element requires 2 byte. If A [1,1] is stored in 3000. Find the memory of A[8,5]?
38. Sum of slopes of 2 perpendicular st.lines is given. Find the pair of lines from the given set of options, which satisfy the above condition?
39. (a) 2+3i (b)1+i (c) 3-2i (d) 1-7i .Find which of the above is orthogonal.
40. (Momentum*Velocity)/(Acceleration * distance). Find units.
41. The number 362 in decimal system is given by (1362) x in the X System of numbers find the value of X a} 5 b) 6 c) 7 d) 8 e) 9
42. Given $ means Tripling and % means change of sign then find the value of $%$6-%$%6
44. Find the highest prime number that can be stored in an 8 bit Computer?
45. Which of the following set of numbers has the highest Standard deviation? a)1,0,1,0,1,0 b) -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1 c)1,1,1,1,1,1 d) 1,1,0, -1,0, -1 .Match the following 1. Male ? Boy a. A type of 2. Square - Polygon b. A part of 3. Roof - Building c. Not a type of 4. Mushroom ? Vegetables d. A superset of Ans: 1- d, 2- a, 3- b, 4- c
*. A Venn diagram was given and 3 questions were asked on it. Just understand the problem carefully and solve it (only addition, subtraction and multiplication and division required) CRITICAL REASONING(12 Q) For this u need to go through 5 model test papers of GRE barron?s 12th edition each having 2 sections of critical reasoning. Do go through it as the questions are taken from these papers.
TECHNICAL INTERVIEW I was nervous during this interview. I entered the room and a mam was seated there. She asked me to sit down. She began as usual by asking questions like Introduce urself. Then she started asking about my project done during semesters. Her half of the questions revolved around my project only.
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.