TCS Placement Paper Technical - Database Bangalore-21 Sep 2006
First Normal Form : Avaoids relation within a relation Second Normal Form : Fully functional depended on each key Third Normal Form : Avoids Transitivity dependency 3. What cursor type do you use to retrieve multiple recordsets? ref cursors' 4. State the difference between a "where" clause and a "having" clause having comes along with group by 5. What is the difference between "procedure" and "function"? procedure doesnot return a value thru return statement 6. How will you copy the structure of a table without copying the data? select * from table_naem where 1 > 3 7. How to find out the database name from SQL*PLUS command prompt? - 8. Tadeoffs with having indexes
9. Talk about "Exception Handling" in PL/SQL?
10. What is the difference between "NULL in C" and "NULL in Oracle?"
11. What is Pro*C? What is OCI?
12. Give some examples of Analytical functions.
13. What is the difference between "translate" and "replace"?
14. What is DYNAMIC SQL method 4?
15. How to remove duplicate records from a table?
16. What is the use of Analyzing the tables?
17. How to run SQL script from a Unix Shell?
18. What is a "transaction"? Why are they necessary?
19. Explain Normalization and Denormalization with examples.
20. When do you get constraint violation? What are the types of constraints?
21. How to convert RAW datatype into TEXT?
22. What is the difference between Primary Key and Aggregate Key
23. How functional dependency is related to database table design?
24. What is a "trigger"?
25. Why can a "group by" or "order by" clause be expensive to process?
26. What are "HINTS"? What is "index covering" of a query?
27. What is a VIEW? How to get script for a view?
28. What are the Large object types supported by Oracle?
29. What is SQL*Loader?
30. Difference between "VARCHAR" and "VARCHAR2" datatypes.
31. What is the difference among "dropping a table", "truncating a table" and "deleting all records" from a table.
32. Difference between "ORACLE" and "MICROSOFT ACCESS" databases
. 33. How to create a database link ? -
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.