TCS Placement Paper General - Other -1 Jan 2004
1. Two pencils costs 8 cents, then 5 pencils cost how much?
Sol: 2 pencils è 8 cents => 1 pencil è 4 cents
Therefore 5 pencils cost = 5 * 4 = 20 cents
2. A work is done by two people in 24 min. one of them can do this work a lonely in
40 min. how much time required to do the same work for the second person?
Sol: (A+B) can do the work in = 1/24 min.
A alone can do the same work in = 1/40 min.
B alone can do the same work in = (A+B)?s ? A?s = 1/24 ? 1/40 = 1/60
Therefore, b can do the same work in = 60 min
3.A car is filled with four and half gallons of oil for full round trip. Fuel is taken
1/4 gallon more in going than coming. What is the fuel consumed in coming up?
Sol Before the trip, car is filled with = 4 ½ gallon of oil
Let ?X? be the quantity of fuel consumed for the trip in one direction
The fuel consumed while going = X + ¼
The fuel consumed while coming = X
Therefore, the fuel consumed for the trip = (X + ¼) + X = 4 ½
2X + ¼ = 4 ½ => 2X = 4 ½ - ¼ => 2X = 4 ¼ => X= 2. Approx
Therefore the fuel consumed while coming = 2 gallon
4. Low temperature at the night in a city is 1/3 more than 1/2 high as higher temperature in a day. Sum of the low temperature and highest temp. is 100 degrees. Then what is the low temp?
Sol: 40 deg.
5.Person, who decided to go to weekend trip should not exceed 8 hours driving in a day. Average speed of forward journey is 40 m/h. Due to traffic in Sundays, the return journey average speed is 30 m/h. How far he can select
a picnic spot?
a) 120 miles b) Between 120 and 140 miles c) 160 miles
6. A salesperson multiplied a number and got the answer 3, instead of that number divided by 3.What is the answer he actually has to get?
Sol: (1/3) *1 * 3 = 3, so number = 1 Divided by 3
7. A ship started from port and moving with I miles per hour and another ship started from L and moving with H miles per hour. At which place these two ships meet?
port G H I J K L
Sol: Answer is between I and J and close to J or (L*I*H)/(H+I)
8. A building with height D shadow up to G. A neighbor building with what height shadows C feet.
A B C D E F G H
9. A person was fined for exceeding the speed limit by 10mph. Twice twice the same also fined another person for exceeding the same speed limit. If the second person was traveling at a speed of 35 mph, find the speed limit.
Sol: Let ?x? be the speed limit
Person ?A? was fined for exceeding the speed limit by = 10mph
Person ?B? was fined for exceeding the speed limit by = twice of ?A?
= 2*10mph=20mph given that the second person was traveling at the speed of 35mph
=> 35mph ? 20mph = 15mph
Therefore the speed limit is =15 mph
10.A bus started from bus stand at 8.00am, and after 30 minutes staying at destination, it returned back to the bus stand. The destination is 27 miles from the bus stand. The speed of the bus is 18mph. In return journey bus travels with 50% fast speed. At what time it returns to the bus stand?
11.In a mixture, R is 2 parts S is 1 part. In order to make S to 25% of the mixture, how much r is to be added?
12. Wind flows 160 miles in 330 min, for 80 miles how much time required.
13. With 4/5 full tank vehicle travels 12 miles, with 1/3 full tank how much distance travels
Sol: (5 miles)
14. Two trees are there. One grows at 3/5 of the other in 4 years, total growth of trees is 8 ft. what growth will smaller tree will have in 2 years
Sol: (< 2 ft)
15. A storm will move with a velocity of towards the center in hours, at the same rate how much far will it move in hrs.
Sol: (but the answer is 8/3 or 2 2/3)
16) Last year pandit was thrice his sister's age. Next year he is only twice her age. After 5 years what is pandit's age.
a) 2 b) 12 c) 11 d) 14 Sol : b
17) Box of 150 packets consists of 1kg packets and 2kg packets. Total weight of box is 264kg. How many 2kg packets are there
a) 96 b) 67 c) 100 d) 114 Sol :d
18) Which is more economical of the following
a) 2kg -- 30/- b) 8kg -- 160/- c) 5kg -- 80/-
19) Satish earns 240 weekly.12% of big amount + earning weekly = 540.What is the big amount?
a) 3200 b) 3600 c) 2500 d) 1000 Sol : c
20) Julia is twice older than qurban. If Julia was 4 years younger, qurban was 3 years older their diff. between their ages is 12 years. What is the sum of their ages?
a) 67 b) 57 c) 36 d) none Sol : b
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.