TCS Placement Paper Candidates Experiences Mumbai Thakur College, Kandivali-10 Sep 2005
TCS SAMPLE PAPER ON 10 &11 th SEPTEMBER 2005
Hi friends, . I attended the TCS, Mumbai drive & sending u the full pattern of questions & the whole experience.
There were 5 series of papers : v,w,x,y,z. The paper had the usual 3 sections:
1. Verbal :
10 antonyms,10 synonyms, passage,fill in the blank with sentences. The synonyms were really tough (& were not a repeat of earlier ones except 1/2) & so was the fill in the sentences passage.The passage was on a vague topic. It took lots of my time but finally I solved it.
2. Quanti & Logical :
This was easier. Around 50% questions were repeated. There were the problems of the latitude & longitude, temperature, probability, highest std deviation amongst the given, etc.
1. If a student scores GPA in his semester & year as given below then calculate his GPA for 3 year:
(the figures .)
2.Match the following: Cow 1. a type of
Mammal 2. a superset of
2 more cases given
3. In a mixture, R is 2 parts and S is 1 part. In order to make S to 25% of the mixture, how much of R is to be added?
Ans.One part of R
4. With a 4/5 full tank a vehicle can travel 12 miles, how far can it travel with a 1/3 full tank Ans. 5 miles
5. A moves 3 kms east from his starting point . He then travels 5 kms north. From that point he moves 8 kms to the east.How far is A from his starting point? Ans. 13 kms
6. 3 angles or 3 sides r given.Which will form a triangle?
7. units of basic quantities :
(energy * time * time )/(mass * dist) = distance
8.?$? is for doubling the value ?%? is for change of sign then what is the value
$%5-%%$3+$6??.A long expression similar to this one.
9. R-rounding off, M-modulus, T-truncate M(893,10)+r( )+t( ) is asked
10.vertices edges and surfaces of a cube Ans-8,12,6
11.Questions on General computer awareness
Pick the odd one?..
1.http 2.arp 3.snmp 4.baan Ans-baan
1.linux 2.windows NT 3.sql server 4.Unix Ans-Sql server
( 2 more)
12.how many Y?s r followed by F and not preceded by Z
13. largest prime no. in 8 bit computer. Ans: 251
14.e power x curves : note that the values were changed.
15. Coding decoding of words like if something is coded as this then how will u code this(like that)
16. In the word organizational, if the first and second ,third and forth ,forth and fifth, fifth and sixthwords are interchanged up to the last letter, whatwould be the tenth letter from right?
17. In a two-dimensional array, X(9,7), with eachelement occupying 4 bytes of memory, with the addressof the first element X(1,1) is 3000, find the addressof X(8,5).
18. A FILE IS TRANSFERRED FROM A PLACE TO ADESTINATION CAPABLE OF 10 KB. THEY GIVEN SOME RATE OF TRANSFER. U HAVE FIND A EQUATION THAT BEST SUIT THIS- there were a lotsa twists given in this question unlike in the previous question papers.
19. G (0) =1 G (1)= -1 IF G (N)=G (N-1) + G(N-2) THEN WHAT IS THE VALUE OF G (6)?
20. WHICH ONE WILL BE THE EXACT POWER OF 2? Ans: 2048
21 .A power unit is there by the bank of the river 750 mts. A cable is made from power unit to power a plant opposite to that of the river at 1500mts. The cost of the cable below water is Rs. 15/- per meter ansd cost of cable on the bank is Rs. 12/- per meter. Then where they will cut ?
22. There were 2 series as well.
23. A Venn diagram & questions on it were asked in %. Some students just went for simple figures given but actually we have to take out % of it in almost all questions. SO read the quests carefully.
The passages were written repeatedly before asking each question. I think that was a trap to waste some time of the examinees before they realize the actual thing.
A) One syllogisms kinda passage:
All reds r greens
All blues r white
No yellow is a white.
Some blues r reds
& then questions were asked like: which of the following is true: a red can be a blue but not yellow. And like that
B) The red & brown marriage passage:
There are 2 groups named Brown and red. They can?t marry in the same group. If the husband or wife dies then the person will convert to their own group. If a person is married then the husband will have to change his group to his wife?s group. The child will own the mothers group.
From these a set of 4 questions were given like:
1.If the person doesn?t change his group even after he is a widower or divorcee then which of the following is necessarily true? Some sentences for checking here.
2.Brown?s daughter is red (False)
3. If a person is red. Then his/her mother?s brother belong to which group if he is married
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.