TCS Placement Paper Candidate Experiences SJBIT College, Bangalore-22 Aug 2010
I am Sunil Yadav, i have done my B.Tech (2006-10) in ECE discipline from BSAITM, F aridabad . Our college is not so much good in terms of placement so most of students could not get any job from college and i was 1 of them. So I decided 2 go to Bangalore . I got my TCS hall ticket on 14th of August and on 18th August, I reached Bangalore .
There was TCS off-campus in SJBIT college on 22nd August 2010.
There was only 3 rounds:
1) Two pipes A and B fill at A certain rate B is filled at 10,20,40,80,. If 1/16 of B if filled in 17 hours what time it will take to get completely filled
8) 3 friends A, B, C went for week end party to McDonald?s restaurant and there they measure there weights in some order IN 7 rounds. A;B;C;AB;BC;AC;ABC. Final round measure is 155 kg then find the average weight of all the 7 rounds?
12) What is the distance of the z-intercept from the x-intercept in the equation ax+by+cz=d (I do not remember the values of a, b, c, d).
Ans: sqrt ((d/a) 2+ (d/c) 2)
13) A scientist in Antarctic region conducts research on bears came to know that bears changes according to the location .once he moves 1 mile towards north, then he moves 2 miles towards east, then 1 mile towards south. Now the color of bear he found will be in:
Ans is 18
15) There are 11 boys in a family. Youngest child is a boy. What is the probability of all are boys?
a) 2 b) 2! C) 2048 d) 1024
16) A boy bought a roll A of 56 inches wide and 141 yards long. He also bought B of 77 inches wide of length 333yards. We don?t want any details of B. Some irrelevant matter. Final question is Time taken for cutting A into 1 yard piece is 2 seconds. Time taken to cut into 141 pieces of 1 yard each is?
Ans is 2(141) =242
17) A Person buys a horse for 15 ponds, after one year he sells it for 20 pounds. After one year, again he buys the same horse at 30 pounds and sells it for 40 pounds. What is the profit for that person?
Ans is 15 pounds
18) John buys a cycle for 31 dollars and given a cheque of amount 35 dollars. Shop Keeper exchanged the cheque with his neighbor and gave change to John. After 2 days, it is known that cheque is bounced. Shop keeper paid the amount to his neighbor. The cost price of cycle is 19 dollars. What is the profit/loss for shop keeper?
Ans is 23(cost price + change given).
19) In a family there are some boys and girls. All boys told that they are having equal no of brothers and sisters and girls told that they are having twice the no. of brothers than sisters. How many boys and girls present in a family?
Ans is 4 boys and 3 girls
a) If no. is odd it is head, if no. is even it is tail
b) If no. is odd it is tail, if no. is even it is head
c) Toss a die until all the 10 digits appear on top face. And if first no. in the sequence is odd then consider it as tail. If it is even consider it as head.
I didn?t remembered last option and I don?t know answer.
22) 2 years ago of A is x times that of B. 3 Years hence the age of A is 4/3 times of B. What is the present age of B in binary form?
I didn?t remember the exact values of x and y. You can solve easily.
23) metal strip of width ?x? cm. 2 metal strips are placed one over the other, then the combine length of 2 strips is ?y?. If ?z? strips are placed in that manner. What is the final width of that arrangement?
Ans is (z-1) (y-x) +x.
24) There are 100 men and 100 women on the dance floor. They want to dance with each other. Then which of the following statements is always true:
a) There are 2 men who danced with equal no. of women?s
b) There are 2 women who danced with equal no. of men
25) A game is played between 2 players and one player is declared as winner. All the winners from first round are played in second round. All the winners from second round are played in third round and so on. If 8 rounds are played to declare only one player as winner, how many players are played in first round
Ans is 28.
26) There are 3 boys A, B, C and 2 Girls D, E. D always sit right to A. Girls never sit in extreme positions and in the middle position. C always sits in the extreme positions. Who is sitting immediate right to E?
Ans is B or C
27) 49 members attended the party. In that 22 are males, 17 are females. The shake hands between males, females, male and female. Total 12 people given shake hands. How many such kinds of such shake hands are possible?
Ans is 12C2
28) There are 1000 pillars for a temple. 3 friends Linda, Chelsey, Juli visited that temple. (Some unrelated stuff) Linda is taller than Chelsea and taller than 2 of 1000 pillars. Julia is shorter than Linda. Find the correct sentence?
a) Linda is shorter among them
b) Chelsea is taller than Julia
c) Chelsea is shorter than Julia
d) Cannot determine who is taller among Chelsea and Julia
a) 22 b) 31 c) 6 d) 32
Ans is 20
31) A lady took out jacket and gloves, which are avialable in blue 26, yellow 30 and red 56. Power goes off, she can distinguish between gloves and jacket but not in colors. What's the possibilty their she will pick up pair of gloves of each color.
33) Rearrange and categorize the word ?RAPETEKA??Ans: bird(parakeet)
34) A lies on mon, tues, wed and speak truths on other days, B lies on Thurs, Fri, Sat and speaks truths on other days. One day a said I lied today and B said I too lied today. What is the day?
35) One grandfather has three grandchildren, two of their age difference is 3, eldest child age is 3 times youngest child?s age and eldest child?s age is two times of sum of other two children. What is the age of eldest child?Ans: 18I attempted 27 questions. Result was declared in the evening and my name was among the successful guys. I was so happy. Then they asked us 2 come on 28th Sept at 11:30 AM as it was getting late that day.
I reached there by 11:00 on 28th. After checking our documents, we were made 2 sit in a room and asked 2 wait 4 the turn. My turn came around 7 pm and within half an hour, result was declared and again my name was in the list.
Questions asked from me and my friends are:
1)Tell me abt. urself.
2) Your project in detail nd ur role in it.
3) Yourr favourite subjects in B.Tech. Be well prepare with atleast 1.
4) OSI model nd function of each layer
6) Classful addressing
7) What is swapping?
9) What is op-amp?
10) What is IC?
11) Which sorting technique is best?
12) What is stack?
13) WAP for factorial using recursion.
14) WAP for Armstrong no.
15) Wap for reversing a string.
16) WAP for prime no.
17) WAP for even/odd no.
18) WAP for getting Fibonacci series.
19) What is REGEDIT command?
20) What is yo ur PC?s configuration?
21) How to do project planning?
22) Being an ECE student, why you want 2 join software industry?
23) What is the use of stdio.h, conio.h?
24) Different b/w scanf & gets?
25) Different b/w while nd do while?
26) Why capacitor allows ac nd not dc?
Only 250 cleard d technical.
After half an hour, I was called for HR
Me: Good evening sir.
Int: Good evening, take your seat.
Me: Thank you sir. (Interviewer is looking at my resume, which i already gave to them)
Int: Tell me about yourself.
Me: Told with confidence and smile on my face. (I think he was well satisfied with my answer).
Int: Tell me about. You r family background.
Me: Bla Bla
Int: Tell me about yo ur hobbies?
Me: Told as cricket and internet surfing.
Then he asked some questions about cricket. So be well prepare with yo ur hobbies
Int: Why do you want to join TCS?
Me: Told some strong points about TCS and he was impressed with my answer.
Int: I you are rejected today, then what will you do?
Int: Are you having any geographical constraints (are you intended to work anywhere in the world)?
Me: No sir, I am not having any geographical constraints and I?m interested to work anywhere in the world.
Int: Are you ok with TCS bond (2 years, bond break 50,000)?
Me: Yes sir.
Int: Thank you.
(It was a 10 min round. I felt very happy for that. They told me that they will send results through mail within 3 week. I thought i will be selected because i was confident about my performance)
Finally, i got mail on 21st sept. Thanks to GOD, I was in TCS. Around 200 students were selected in this round.
I attended 5 companies up to now. TCS was my 6th company but I didn?t loose hope. If you have failed yet, don?t get disappointed. Losers got a chance to correct their mistakes and winners lost their chance to correct their mistakes. If you are selected, remember, you are better than those who are participated for that interview, but not the ?Best?. I got selected in off-campus, I am very happy for that. Because, i completed with the other college students also. But those who got selected in On-campus are completed with the students of their college. Getting job in TCS is one of my great achievements in my life.
So do yo ur home work well and keep faith in GOD.
All the best!
If you need any help related to TCS, then you can contact me on my id:
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.