TCS Placement Paper Candidate Experiences G.L.Bajaj Knowledge Park 2, Greater Noida-23 Oct 2010
My name is Surjeet Singh, i did my B.E (2006-10) in ECE discipline from pdmce. Our college is not so much good in terms of placement so most of students could not get any job from college and i was 1 of them. So I decided 2 go for off-campus. I got my TCS hall ticket on 19th of Oct. There was only one Written test.
It was very easy exam as compared with other company written exams. Test contains 35 questions, only from quantitative, in 60 minutes. You can get through if you prepared with previous papers. Questions which i got in exam are.
1) Two pipes A and B fill at A certain rate B is filled at 10,20,40,80,. If 1/4 of B if filled in 21 hours what time it will take to get completely filled Ans: 23
3) 3, 15, x, 51, 53,159,161. Find X Ans: 17
5) There is a toy train that can make 10 musical sounds. It makes 2 musical sounds after being defective. What is the probability that same musical sound would be produced 5 times consecutively? (1 of )? Ans: 1/2 * 1/2 * 1/2 * 1/2 * 1/2 = 1/32
6) A triangle is made from a rope. The sides of the triangle are A cm, B cm and C cm (I do not remember the numerical value). What will be the area of the square made from the same rope? Ans: ((A+B+C)/4)2
7) (There was a long story, I?ll cut short it). There are 5 materials to make a perfume: Lilac, Balsamic, Lemon, and Woody and MI mosaic. To make a perfume that is in demand the following conditions are to be followed: Lilac and Balsamic go together. Woody and MI mosaic go together; Woody and Balsamic never go together. Lemon can be added with any material. (Actually they had also mentioned how much amount of one can be added with how much quantity of the other; but that?s not needed for the question.) All of the following combinations are possible to make a perfume except: 1) Balsamic and Lilac 2) Woody and Lemon 3) MI mosaic and Woody 4) MI mosaic and Lilac
8) What is the distance of the z-intercept from the x-intercept in the equation ax+by+cz=d (I do not remember the values of a, b, c, d). Ans: sqrt ((d/a) 2+ (d/c) 2)
9) (1/3) of a number is 3 times more than the (1/6) of the same number? Ans:18
11) A boy bought a roll A of 56 inches wide and 141 yards long. He also bought B of 77 inches wide of length 333yards. We don?t want any details of B. Some irrelevant matter. Final question is Time taken for cutting A into 1 yard piece is 2 seconds. Time taken to cut into 141 pieces of 1 yard each is? Ans: 2(140) =240 12) A Person buys a horse for 15 ponds, after one year he sells it for 20 pounds. After one year, again he buys the same horse at 30 pounds and sells it for 40 pounds. What is the profit for that person? Ans: 15 pounds
13) John buys a cycle for 31 dollars and given a cheque of amount 35 dollars. Shop Keeper exchanged the cheque with his neighbor and gave change to John. After 2 days, it is known that cheque is bounced. Shop keeper paid the amount to his neighbor. The cost price of cycle is 19 dollars. What is the profit/loss for shop keeper? Ans: I couldn't solve it. 14) In a family there are some boys and girls. All boys told that they are having equal no of brothers and sisters and girls told that they are having twice the no. of brothers than sisters. How many boys and girls present in a family? Ans: 4 boys and 3 girls
15) There is a die with 10 faces. It is not known that fair or not. 2 captains want to toss die for batting selection. What is the possible solution among the following?
I didn?t remembered last option and I don?t know answer. 16) 2 years ago of A is x times that of B. 3 Years hence the age of A is 4/3 times of B. What is the present age of B in binary form?
I didn?t remember the exact values of x and y. You can solve easily. 17) Metal strip of width ?x? cm. 2 metal strips are placed one over the other, then the combine length of 2 strips is ?y?. If ?z? strips are placed in that manner. What is the final width of that arrangement? Ans: (z-1) (y-x) +x. 18) There are 100 men and 100 women on the dance floor. They want to dance with each other. Then which of the following statements is always true:
19) A game is played between 2 players and one player is declared as winner. All the winners from first round are played in second round. All the winners from second round are played in third round and so on. If 8 rounds are played to declare only one player as winner, how many players are played in first round 20) There are 3 boys A, B, C and 2 Girls D, E. D always sit right to A. Girls never sit in extreme positions and in the middle position. C always sits in the extreme positions. Who is sitting immediate right to E? 21) 49 members attended the party. In that 22 are males, 17 are females. The shake hands between males, females, male and female. Total 12 people given shake hands. How many such kinds of such shake hands are possible? 22) There are 1000 pillars for a temple. 3 friends Linda, Chelsey, Juli visited that temple. (Some unrelated stuff) Linda is taller than Chelsea and taller than 2 of 1000 pillars. Julia is shorter than Linda. Find the correct sentence?
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.