TCS Placement Paper Candidate Experiences Vardaman Engineering College, Hyderabad-29 Aug 2010
I wrote the written test for TCS in Vardaman Engineering college, Hyderabad, 29th August, 2010. I am from Electronics stream. This is a tough exam.
Total 35 bits. All are Aptitude questions. Each carries 1 mark and 0.33 will be deducted for a wrong answer(Negative marking).
Time: 1 hour
I remembered only less questions.
Sol: (a-b)^2 =a^2 + b^2 -2ab
2) 20 people going to one temple.(some time waste data) They want Rs. 20. For men-Rs.3, women-Rs.2, children-50 paisa. How much money spend for men, children and women.
Sol: By using options we calculate it easily.
3) Adam sit with his friends in stadium (some time waste data) 5 rounds are running. Every round half of the teams eliminated. Lastly one team win the game. How many teams are played in the tournament?
4) There are two ipes A and B. If A filled 10 times in hour, B can filled in same time. Likewise B can fill 10,20,40,80.160,. If B filled in 1/16 of the tank in 3 hours, how much time will it take to fill completely?
a) 805 b) 804 c) 802 d) 806
6) In room glouses, jackets total 11-blue, 46-red, 42-green. In room power is cut (some time waste data). Probability of take 5 colors of glouse and jackets? (I did not remember but same like this ).
7) There are some 2 wheelers and 4 wheelers parked(some time waste data).Total number of wheels present is 140 then how many cycle wheels are there?
Sol: check options
8) Average Age of 3 members is X. Two persons added to the 3 members team the average is Y then find the last person age? (I did not remember the X,Y values).
9) Pizza parlor provides pizzas there were 2 toppings available initially peperomi and salami but now they introduces 7 new item(some time waste data). One person wishes to buy two different pizzas from the new items. How many ways he can do that?
Sol: from new items n*(n-1); 7*6=42
10) In laboratory one person checks Electronic equipment(some time waste data). Voltage 10v and current is from a then the resistance is?
Sol: R= V/I = 10/4 = 2.5kv
11) One grandfather have 3 grand children (some time waste data). The age difference between 2 of grandsons 3 years. 1st grandson is twice as elder then younger one. Addition of Two children (I did not remember).
12) The ratio of current age of X and Y is 6:5. Their age some days after is 55 years. After how many years their age ratio will be 8:7?
13) A pong ran away from stable to NEW YORK then went to US then to BEJING ran through grass (Some time wasted data)Horse after 4 hours (some time waste data)then pong went to sky. If the speed of the horse is 45kmph and he left stable 3 hours then pong?s average speed?
14) One organization make one robot(some time waste data). They want material, labor and maitanace are in the ratio 4:6:7. The material cost is 500. What is the total cost?
15) (Some time waste data) 10 tables, 4 chairs per table. Each table has different. People then how many tables will left without at least one person?
16) Two years before paul?s age is ?x? times the alice age and the present age of paul is ?y? times the alice age. What is the present age of paul?s ?
Sol: I did not remember the exact values of x and y but procedure is
17) Pink?s age before 6 years was ?x? times the age of Anderson. Pink?s age after 6 years will be ?a/b? times the age of Anderson. Then finfd the persent age of pink?s ?
Sol: I did not remember the exact values of a,b and x but procedure is
18) (some time waste data) 10 boys are there. From that how many ways, we can select the youngest age person?
Sol: 2^(n-1); 2^(10-1)= 2^9 = 512.
19) One die and toss problem(I did not remember)
20) One trangle parameters are 16,18 and 20 (some time waste data). By using you can build a square then the area of square is?
Sol: (16+18+20)/4 = 13.5;
21) 1 to 20 numbers are there(Some time waste data). If n numbers are false at the end of the series!
a) X is true.
22) One question from blood relation. It is very easy.
23) Average speed of trains.
All the best!
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.