TCS Placement Paper Aptitude - General Velu Multimedia Chennai-09 Oct 2006
TCS PLACEMENT PAPER ON 9th OCTOBER 2006 AT CHENNAI
Verbal (30 questions in 20 minutes)
As usual 10 synonyms, 10 antonyms, 5 sentence completion, a reading comphrension.
i) For synonyms & antonyms refer GRE Barrons any edition. But 12th and 13th edition is more preferable.
ii) Sentence Completion was so tough.
Critical resoning ( 12 qustions)
Regarding antonyms and critcal reasoning every1 plz study the 5 model question papers at the back of barron?s Gre 12th or 13th edition. It will do and u will surely clear it. And regarding aptitude the following questions are enough and you will get questions in this model??..They are not even changing the order for reasoning. So mug up the answerz
Aptitude:---------( totally 38 questions were asked and all were repeated questions and the following ques would do)
1.If g (1)= - 1 g (0)=1
And g (n)=( 3*g (n-1)) + (2*g (n ?2)) find g (4);
2.A plane moves from 9?N40?E to 9?N40?W. If the plane starts at 10 am and takes 8 hours to reach the destination, find the local arrival time.
3.Complete the sequence 9,10,11,13,15, __, 21,28.
4.In a certain format TUBUJPO is coded as STATION. The code of which string is FILTER?
5. What is the code formed by reversing the First and second letters, the third and fourth letters and son on of the string SIMULTANEOUSLY?8.
6.The base 5 representation of the decimal number 2048 is _____.
7.Which is the largest prime number that can be stored in a 9-bit register?
0.5% 15. A man, a woman, and a child can do a piece of work in 6 days. Man only can do it in 24 days. Woman can do it in 16 days and in how many days child can do the same work? ANS:16
16. Number of faces, vertices and edges of a cube ?ANS:6,8,12
17. Find the value of @@+25-++@1..., where @ denotes "square" and + denotes "square root". 18. Find the result of the following _expression if, M denotes modulus operation, R denotes round-off, T denotes truncation: M(373,5)+R(3.4)+T(7.7)+R(5.8) ANS:19 19. The size of a program is N. And the memory occupied by the program is given by M = square root of 100N. If the size of the program is increased by 1% then how much memory now occupied?ans is 0.5%
20. In Madras , temperature at noon varies according to -t^2/2 + 8t + 3, where t is elapsed time. Find how much temperature more or less in 4pm to 9pm. ANS:385.8(DB)
21. The size of the bucket is N kb. The bucket fills at the rate of 0.1 kb per millisecond. A programmer sends a program to receiver. There it waits for 10 milliseconds. And response will be back to programmer in 20 milliseconds. How much time the program takes to get a response back to the programmer, after it is sent? ANS:30MILISECOND
Methodology to be followed : ((100-x/100)*(100-y/100)*(100-z/100))*100
The resultant should be subtracted by 100.
26. What is the power of 2? a. 2068 b.2048 c.2668 ANS:(B).2048 27. A, B and C are 8 bit no?s. They are as follows: A 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 1 B 0 1 1 1 1 0 1 0 C 0 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 Find ( (A-B) u C )=?)
28. Given the length of the 3 sides of a triangle. Find the one that is impossible? (HINT : sum of smaller 2 sides is greater than the other one which is larger)------------ I could not remember the values
29. Find the singularity matrix from a given set of matrices?(Hint det(A)==0).
I could not remember the values
30. Given $ means Tripling and % means change of sign then find the value of $%$6-%$%6
33. A power unit is there by the bank of the river of 900 mtr width. a cable is made from power
unit to power a plant opposite to that of the river and 3000 mtr away from the power unit.
The cost of the cable bellows water Rs5 / mtr and cost of cable on the bank is Rs 4/ mtr.
Find the pt where the cable cut through the river. 1.2800 2. 3000 3. 2100 4.3900
Remaing six questions are venn diagram and data interpretation questions
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.