TCS Placement Paper Aptitude - General SRM University, Chennai-26 Nov 2010
1) Aptitude test.2) Technical round3) HR
Ans: Paul will choose the team with the same probability as the team will winSo the final probability is (2/3)*(2/3)+(1/3)*(1/3)=5/9
13) Given 3 lines in the plane such that the points of intersection form a triangle with sides of length 20, 20 and 30, the number of points equidistant from all the 3 lines isAns: 1, incentre
14) One day Rapunzel meets Dwarf and Byte in the Forest of forgetfulness. She knows that Dwarf lies on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and tells the truth on the other days of the week. Byte, on the other hand, lies on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, but tells the truth on the other days of the week. Now they make the following statements to Rapunzel ? Dwarf: Yesterday was one of those days when I lie. Byte: Yesterday was one of those days when I lie too. What day is it?
16) Alok and Bhanu play the following min-max game. Given the expressionN = X ? Y ? ZWhere X, Y and Z are variables representing single digits (0 to 9), Alok would like to maximize N while Bhanu would like to minimize it. Towards this end, Alok chooses a single digit number and Bhanu substitutes this for a variable of her choice (X, Y or Z). Alok then chooses the next value and Bhanu, the variable to substitute the value. Finally Alok proposes the value for the remaining variable. Assuming both play to their optimal strategies, the value of N at the end of the game would bea) 9 b) -18 c) 2 d) 20
17) A greengrocer was selling apple at a penny each, chickoos at 2 for a penny and peanuts at 3 for a penny. A father spent 7p and got the same amount of each type of fruit for each of his three children. What did each child get?
Ans: Elimination process.Given 7pLet us take 3 applesTotal cost=3*1=3pSo each boy gets ?1 apple?(as 3 boys share each of them equally)Now we remain wid 4p2 chochos for 1pTotal cost for 6 chokoes 1p*3=3pNow that we share those 2 chocs equally among the 3 children.Now we remain with 1pFor 1p we get 3 peanuts we share those 3 among the 3 boys equallyso finallyFor each boy
23) There are pepsi 1 litre & oil 1 litre. It is given as 1 spoon of pepsi is aken and is mixed with Oil. Then 1 spoon oil&pepsi is taken and is mixed with pepsi then which of the condition holds true. Easy.
I got my offer letter via email on 28th November'2010.This is probably a day which should be written in history when a company has selected 1080 students from a single college.
See you all in TCS.
Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.