Syntel Placement Paper Whole Testpaper Durgapur (Latest-2012)-
Passage (questions 1 to 4):
Amit is the son of Rahul.Sarika,Rahul's sister has a son sonu and a daughter Rita.
Raja is the maternal uncle of sonu.
1. How is Amit related to sonu?
e)none of these
2. How is rita related to raja?
3.How many nephews does raja have?
4.What is the relationship of Raja with Rita?
e)can?t be determined
5).In recommendations to the board of trustees a tuition increase of $500 per year, the president of the university said "There were no student demonstrations over the previous increases of $300 last year and $200 the year before". If the president's statement is accurate then which of the following can be validly inferred from the information given:
I. Most students in previous years felt that the increases were justified because of increased operating costs.
II. Student apathy was responsible for the failure of students to protest the previous tuition increases.
III. Students are not likely to demonstrate over new tuition increases.
(a) I only
(b) II only
(c) I or II but not both
(d) I, II and III
6. The office staff of XYZ corporation presently consists of three bookkeepers--A, B, C and 5 secretaries D, E, F, G, H. The management is planning to open a new office in another city using 2 bookkeepers and 3 secretaries of the present staff . To do so they plan to separate certain individuals who don't function well together. The following guidelines were established to set up the new office
I. Bookkeepers A and C are constantly finding fault with one another and should not be sent together to the new office as a team
II. C and E function well alone but not as a team , they should be separated
III. D and G have not been on speaking terms and shouldn't go together
IV. Since D and F have been competing for promotion they shouldn't be a team
a. If A is to be moved as one of the bookeepers,which of the following cannot be a possible working unit.
b. If C and F are moved to the new office, how many combinations are possible
c. If C is sent to the new office, which member of the staff cannot go with C
d. Under the guidelines developed, which of the following must go to the new office
e.If D goes to the new office,which of the following is/are true
I.C cannot go
II.A cannot go
III.H must also go
C.I and II only
D.I and III only
7.After months of talent searching for an administrative assistant to the president of the college the field of applicants has been narrowed down to 5--A, B, C, D, E .It was announced that the finalist would be chosen after a series of all-day group personal interviews were held.The examining committee agreed upon the following procedure
I. The interviews will be held once a week
II.3 candidates will appear at any all-day interview session
III. Each candidate will appear at least once
IV. If it becomes necessary to call applicants for additional interviews, no more 1 such applicant should be asked to appear the next week
V. Because of a detail in the written applications, it was agreed that whenever candidate B appears, A should also be present.
VI .Because of travel difficulties it was agreed that C will appear for only 1 interview.
a. At the first interview the following candidates appear A,B,D.Which of the follwing combinations can be called for the interview to be held next week.
b. Which of the following is a possible sequence of combinations for interviews in 2 successive weeks
c. .If A ,B and D appear for the interview and D is called for additional interview the following week, which 2 candidates may be asked to appear with D?
A.I and II
B.I and III only
C.II and III only
D.III and IV only
d. Which of the following correctly state(s) the procedure followed by the search committee
I. After the second interview all applicants have appeared at least once
II. The committee sees each applicant a second time
III. If a third session,it is possible for all applicants to appear at least twice
D. Both I and II
8.Pipe A can fill in 20 minutes and Pipe B in 30 mins and Pipe C can empty the same in 40 mins. If all of them work together, find the time taken to fill the tank
(a) 17 1/7 mins
(b) 20 mins
(c) 8 mins
(d) none of these
9. Thirty men take 20 days to complete a job working 9 hours a day .How many hour a day should 40 men work to complete the job?
(a) 8 hrs
(b) 7 1/2 hrs
(c) 7 hrs
(d) 9 hrs
10. Find the smallest number in a GP whose sum is 38 and product 1728
11. A boat travels 20 kms upstream in 6 hrs and 18 kms downstream in 4 hrs. Find the speed of the boat in still water and the speed of the water current?
(a) 1/2 kmph
(b) 7/12 kmph
(c) 5 kmph
12. A goat is tied to one corner of a square plot of side 12m by a rope 7m long. Find the area it can graze?
(a) 38.5 sq.m
(b) 155 sq.m
(c) 144 sq.m
(d) 19.25 sq.m
13. Mr. Shah decided to walk down the escalator of a tube station. He found that if he walks down 26 steps, he requires 30 seconds to reach the bottom. However, if he steps down 34 stairs he would only require 18 seconds to get to the bottom. If the time is measured from the moment the top step begins to descend to the time he steps off the last step at the bottom, find out the height of the stair way in steps?
14. The average age of 10 members of a committee is the same as it was 4 years ago, because an old member has been replaced by a young member. Find how much younger is the new member ?
15. Three containers A, B and C have volumes a, b, and c respectively; and container A is full of water while the other two are empty. If from container A water is poured into container B which becomes 1/3 full, and into container C which becomes 1/2 full, how much water is left in container A?
16. ABCE is an isosceles trapezoid and ACDE is a rectangle. AB = 10 and EC = 20. What is the length of AE?
Ans. AE = 10.
17. In the given figure, PA and PB are tangents to the circle at A and B respectively and the chord BC is parallel to tangent PA. If AC = 6 cm, and length of the tangent AP is 9 cm, then what is the length of the chord BC?
Ans. BC = 4 cm.
18. Three cards are drawn at random from an ordinary pack of cards. Find the probability that they will consist of a king, a queen and an ace.
19. A number of cats got together and decided to kill between them 999919 mice. Every cat killed an equal number of mice. Each cat killed more mice than there were cats. How many cats do you think there were ?
20. If Log2 x - 5 Log x + 6 = 0, then what would the value / values of x be?
Ans. x = e2
21. The square of a two digit number is divided by half the number. After 36 is added to the quotient, this sum is then divided by 2. The digits of the resulting number are the same as those in the original number, but they are in reverse order. The ten's place of the original number is equal to twice the difference between its digits. What is the number?
22.Can you tender a one rupee note in such a manner that there shall be total 50 coins but none of them would be 2 paise coins.?
Ans. 45 one paisa coins, 2 five paise coins, 2 ten paise coins, and 1 twenty-five paise coins.
23.A monkey starts climbing up a tree 20ft. tall. Each hour, it hops 3ft. and slips back 2ft. How much time would it take the monkey to reach the top?
24. What is the missing number in this series? 8 2 14 6 11 ? 14 6 18 12
25. A certain type of mixture is prepared by mixing brand A at Rs.9 a kg. with brand B at Rs.4 a kg. If the mixture is worth Rs.7 a kg., how many kgs. of brand A are needed to make 40kgs. Of the mixture?
Ans. Brand A needed is 24kgs.
26. A wizard named Nepo says "I am only three times my son's age. My father is 40 years more than twice my age. Together the three of us are a mere 1240 years old." How old is Nepo?
Ans. 360 years old.
27. One dog tells the other that there are two dogs in front of me. The other one also shouts that he too had two behind him. How many are they?
28. A man ate 100 bananas in five days, each day eating 6 more than the previous day. How many bananas did he eat on the first day?
29. The minute hand of a clock overtakes the hour hand at intervals of 64 minutes of correct time. How much a day does the clock gain or lose?
Ans. 32 8/11 minutes.
30. Daal is now being sold at Rs. 20 a kg. During last month its rate was Rs. 16 per kg. By how much percent should a family reduce its consumption so as to keep the expenditure fixed?
Ans. 20 %.
31. Find the correctly spelt words
32. Find the correctly spelt words
33. Find the correctly spelt words
Directions to Solve
Which of phrases given below each sentence should replace the phrase printed in bold type to make the grammatically correct? If the sentence is correct as it is, mark 'E' as the answer
34). The moment they saw me, they were delight
A. had delighted
B. were delighted
C. are delighted
D. have been delighted
E. No correction required
35). He should not had done it.
A. had not
B. should had not
C. should not have
D. should have
36). No sooner do the bells ring than the curtain rose.
A. did the bell ring
B. did the bells ring
C. had the bell rang
D. had the bell rung
In questions given below out of four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given word/sentence
37). A disease of mind causing an uncontrollable desire to steal
38).One who scarifies his life for a cause
39). A person who brings goods illegally into the country
40). To take secretly in small quantities
?Boom in IT Industry?
"Is Mobile should be prohibited in school and colleges
?What is happening in Egypt and Kashmir??
"Globalization of IT Companies to Government Sector"
Technical & HR interview:
Questions based on
C++, Java, .net, Linux OS, SQL, HTML, XML,etc?.
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.