Syntel Placement Paper Whole Testpaper Banglore-21 Jan 2011
Written Test(45 questions-45 minutes)
1) Maximum numbers that can be formed using all the 4 digits 6 4 8 1 without repetition and which is divisible by 9 ?
2) Find the number of sides of a regular convex polygon whose angle is 40degrees?
3) a+b+c=0, then roots of ax^2+bx+c=0 is?
4) A monkey climbs 6 mts and falls 3mts in alternate minutes. Then time taken to climb a tree 60metres high?
5) 6 pipes fill or empty the cistern. find the number of emptying pipes if it takes 18hrs to fill and 18 hrs to empty?
6) The largest no: which is a factor of 1080 and 729?
7) There are 6 keys and 6 locks. then number of combinations to be tried out to get the actual solution?
8) if a sales man gets successive gain of 15% and 20% then his actual gain?
9) A string of pearls such that 1/3 is lost and of that 1/4th is missing, remaining is 20 then actual number of pearls?
10) A clock was 7minutes behind the actual time on 3 p.m. on Wednesday and 8 minutes ahead of actual time on 4 p.m. Friday. when will it show the correct time?
11) A cistern will be filled in 9 hrs, but because of an outlet it is filled in 10 hrs, if the cistern is filled, then how much time the outlet takes to empty the cistern.?
12) The compound interest for first and second years is 200 and 220 on a certain amount. Find the sum?
13) Marked price of a commodity is 35% above the cost price. If he gives a discount of 15%, how much he gains on the deal.?
14) 5 mangoes + 4 oranges = 7 mangoes + 1 orange. Find the ratio of mango to orange ?
15) Food is sufficient for 100men for 60days. For how many days the food is sufficient for 500men?
16) If 8men 8hrs per day works for 8days get 45/- then how many men required if the work is 5hrs per day for10days they get 60/-?
17) find (1 ½ /((3/4-2/5 )/(2/3+4/5))) * ((2 ¾/((4/3-2/5 )/(5/3+6/5))))
18) Avg age of X number of adults in a class is 30yrs. If 12 new adults with avg age of 32 joined with them then the avg age increases by one. Find X?
19) A sphere of radius 2cms is dropped into a cylinder of radius 4 cms containing water upto 2.2cms. The raise in the water level is ?
20) In a school there are 1000 students in the year 1999. The number of students increased by 20% in the year 2000. And it is increased by 15% in the year 2001. But it is decreased by 18% in 2002. Then what is the strength in 2002 ?
21) Pipe A can fill in 20 minutes and Pipe B in 30 mins and Pipe C can empty the same in 40 mins.If all of them work together, find the time taken to fill the tank ?
23) Two trains from the points A and B moving in opposite direction , at the point they meet the second train travels 120 kms more than the first. The speeds are 50kmph and 60kmph respectively find the distance between A and B?
24) One monkey climbs a poll at the rate of 6mts/min and fell down 3mts in the alternately. Length of the poll is 60 mtrs , how much time it will take to reach the top?
25) A number when multiplied by 7/18 instead of 7/8 and got the result 770 less than the actual result , find the original number?
26) The volume and the radius of both cone and sphere are equal , then find the ratio of height of the cone to the diameter of the sphere?
27) A and B started a business with 1500 and 2500 and got a profit 800 rs. Half of the profit is shared equally the remaining is shared according to their investment. Find their profits?
28) A:B =2:3 and B:C=5:6 then find A:B:C
29) If 8men 8hrs per day works for 8days get 45/- then how many men required if the work is 5hrs per day for10days they get 60/-?
30) Length of a rectangle is increased by 50% and breadth is decreased by 25% what is the difference in the area?
31) A two digit number is 4 times to its sum of digits , when 9 is added to the number, the digits will get reversed. Then what is that number?
32). Thirty men take 20 days to complete a job working 9 hours a day.How many hour a day should 40 men work to complete the job?
33) A goat is tied to one corner of a square plot of side 12m by a rope 7m long.Find the area it can graze?
34) If A + B means A is the brother of B; A % B means A is the father of B and A x B means A is the sister of B. Which of the following means M is the uncle of P?
1. A3P means A is the mother of P
2. A4P means A is the brother of P
3. A9P means A is the husband of P
4. A5P means A is the daughter of P
Which of the following means that K is the mother-in-law of M?
36) A is the son of C; C and Q are sisters; Z is the mother of Q and P is the son of Z. Which of the following statements is true?
Directions to solve
Each of these questions is based on the following information:
1. A + B means A is the mother of B.
2. A - B means A is the sister of B.
3. A * B means A is the father of B.
4. A ? B means A is the brother of B.
37) Which of the following means Q is the grandfather of P?
38) Which of the following means that N is the maternal uncle of M?
39) Directions to solve
Each of these questions is based on the following information:
1. M % N means M is the son of N.
2. M @ N means M is the sister of N.
3. M $ N means M is the father of N.
1. Which of the following shows the relation that C is the granddaughter of E?
2. Which of the following shows the relation that S is the father of Q?
40) Directions to solve
Each of the following questions contains a small paragraph followed by a question on it. Read each paragraph carefully and answer the question given below it.
a) It is up to our government and planners to devise ways and means for the mobilisation of about ten crore workers whose families total up about forty crore men, women and children. Our agriculture is over-manned. A lesser number of agriculturists would mean more purchasing or spending power to every agriculturist. This will result in the shortage of man-power for many commodities to be produced for which there will be a new demand from a prosperous agrarian class. This shortage will be removed by surplus man-power released from agriculture as suggested above.
The passage best supports the statement that:
employment in production is more fruitful than employment in agriculture.
Indian economy is in a poor shape basically due to improper mobilisation of man-power.
a shift of labour from agricultural sector to the industrial sector would uplift the living standard.
the industrial sector is labour-deficient while the agricultural sector is over-manned in our country.
b) Exports and imports, a swelling favourable balance of trade, investments and bank-balances, are not an index or a balance sheet of national prosperity. Till the beginning of the Second World War, English exports were noticeably greater than what they are today. And yet England has greater national prosperity today than it ever had. Because the income of average Englishmen, working as field and factory labourers, clerks, policemen, petty shopkeepers and shop assistants, domestic workers and other low-paid workers, has gone up.
a country's economic standard can be best adjudged by per capital income.
a country's balance of trade is the main criteria of determining its economic prosperity.
a nation's economy strengthens with the increase in exports.
English trade has continually increased since the Second World War.
c) Satisfaction with co-workers, promotion opportunities, the nature of work, and pay goes with high performance among those with strong growth needs. Among those with weak growth needs, no such relationship is present - and, in fact, satisfaction with promotion opportunities goes with low performance.
This passage best supports the statement that:
satisfaction is an inevitable organisational variable.
job satisfaction and performance are directly and closely related.
relationship between job satisfaction and performance is moderated by growth need.
every organisation has few employees having weak growth need.
high performance is essential for organisational effectiveness.
d) The only true education comes through the stimulation of the child's powers by the demands of the social situations in which he finds himself. Through these demands he is stimulated to act as a member of a unity, to emerge from his original narrowness of action and feeling, and to conceive himself from the standpoint of the welfare of the group to which he belongs.
The passage best supports the statement that real education -
will take place if the children imbibe action and feeling.
will take place if the children are physically strong.
is not provided in our schools today.
comes through the interaction with social situations.
comes from the self-centred approach of the students.
e) The press should not be afraid of upholding and supporting a just and righteous cause. It should not be afraid of criticising the government in a healthy manner. The press has to be eternally vigilant to protect the rights of the workers, backward and suppressed sections of the society. It should also give a balanced view of the things so that people can be helped in the formation of a healthy public opinion.
The passage best supports the statement that
press has a great role to play in a democracy.
the press is the only means to project to the masses the policies of the government.
the freedom of press is essential for the proper functioning of democracy.
the press can be used by the governments as an effective media for the upliftment of the backward sections of society.
all the information given by the press should be well-articulated so as to gain a good opinion towards the ruling party.
2) Group discussion:
?Boom in IT Industry?
"Is Mobile should be prohibited in school and colleges
?What is happening in Egypt and Kashmir??
"Globalization of IT Companies to Government Sector"
3) Technical & HR interview:
Questions based on
C++, Java, .net, Linux OS, SQL, HTML, XML,etc?.
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.