Pentaware Tech Placement Paper Candidate Experiences Bharath University, Chennai-12 Apr 2010
1. If 2x-y=4 then 6x-3y=?
2. If x=y=2z and xyz-256 then what is the value of x?
4. Pipe A can fill in 20 mints & pipe B in 30 mints & pipe C can empty the same in 40 mints. If all of them work together, find the time taken to fill the tank?
5. Thirty men take 20 days to complete a job working 9 hours a day. How many hour a day should 40 men work to complete the job ?
6. Find the smallest number in a GP whose sum is 38 and product 1728?
7. A boat travels 20 kms upstream in 6hrs and 18 kms downstream in 4 hrs. Find the speed of the boat in still water and speed of the water current?
a) 1.5 b) 7/12 c) 5 d) None
8. A goat is tied to one corner of a square plot of side 12m by a rope 7m long. Find the area can graze?
a) 38.5 b) 155 c) 144 d) 19.25
9. The age age of 10 members of a committee is the same as it was 4 year ago, because an old member has been replaced by a young member. Find how much younger is the new member?
10. The most economical way of going from city A to city B, in terms of toll & distance is to use the:
11. In the given figure PA & PB are tangents to the circle at A & respectively and the chord BC is parallel to tangent PA. If AC=6 cm,& length of the tangent AP is 9cm, then what is the length of the chord BC ?
a) a) 4 cm b) 6 cm c) 10 cm d) 5 cm
b)12. Three cards drawn at a random from an ordinary pack of cards, find the probability that they will consist of a ling, a queen, and an ace?
b) 14. If Log2 x- 5 Log x + 6=0, then what would the value/values of x be?
15. A monkey starts climbing up a tree 20 ft. Tall .Each hour; it hops 3ft and slips back 2ft. How much time would it take the monkey to reach the top?
a) 16. A wizard named Nepo says "I am only three times my son's age. My father is 40 years more than twice my age. Together the three of us are a mere 1240 years old?. How old is Nepo?
a) 17. One dog tells the other that there are two dogs in front of me. The other dog also shouts that he had two behind him. How many are they?
18. A man ate 100 bananas in five days, each day eating 6 more than the previous day how many bananas did he eat on the first day?
a) 19. If it takes 5mins to boil one egg, how long it will take to boil four eggs?
a) 20. The minute hand of the clock overtakes the hour hand at intervals of 64 mints of correct time. How much a day does the clock gain or lose?
There are 6 steps that lead from the fast to second floor. No two people can be on the same step Mr. A is two steps below Mr. C & Mr. B is a step next to Mr. D only one step is vacant (No one standing on that step) Denote the first step by step 1 and second step by step 2 etc.
22. If Mr. A is on the first step, which of the following is true?
a) Mr.B is on the second step
23. If Mr.E was on the third step & Mr.B was on the higher step than Mr.E which step must be vacant?
a) Step 1
24. If Mr. B was on the step 1, which step could A be on?
a) 2&3 only
25. If there were 2 steps between the step that A was standing & the step that B was standing on, and A was on a higher step than D, A must be on step
26. Which of the following is false ?
i) B& D can be both on odd-numbered steps in one configuration.
a) i only
Six swimmers A, B, C, D, E, F compete in a race. The outcome is as follows.
i) B does not win
27. Who stood 5th in the race?
28. How many swimmers separate A& F?
29. The swimmer in between C & E is,
30. If the end of the race, swimmer D is disqualified by the judges then swimming B finishes in which place?
31. What will print out?
a) Empty string b) Name c) String d) 0
32. Java runs on _________________
33. What is the difference between an Applet & Application?
a) An application is only available on windows
34. What is the main function of any variable?
a) To add numbers together
35. What is the proper way to declare a variable?
a) Variable name variable type;
36. The following statements make "length" be what number?
a) 4 b) 5 c) 6 d) 8
37. What will be the value of "num" after the following statements?
38. If you wants your conditional to depend on two conditions BOTH being true, what is the proper notation to put between the two Boolean statements?
39. Which of the following means that in order for the condition to happen, either X must be less than 3 or must be greater than or equal to 4?
a) If ((x<3) && (y>4))
40. What is essential in making sure that your loop is not infinite?
a) That there is a Boolean statement somewhere in your code
41. Which is NOT a Section of all types of Loops?
42. In a 'FOR' loop, what section of the loop is not included in the Parentheses after "for??
43. What is the difference between private & public functions?
a) Public functions are free; you have to buy private ones
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.