Ocwen Placement Paper General - Other -1 Dec 2005
OCWEN PAPER - DEC 2005There are 50 very simple questions in the exam. You know every answer, but you have to do it in a very less time of 12 minutes. No thinking, just answering.
1. The last month of the year is
JanuaryMarchJulyDecemberOctober 2. CAPTURE is the opposite of
PlaceReleaseRiskVentureDegrade 3. Most of the items below resemble each other. Which one is least like the others?
JanuaryAugustWednesdayOctoberDecember 4. Answer by printing YES or NO - Does R.S.V.P. mean "reply not necessary"?
5. In the following set of words which word is different from the others?
TroopLeagueParticipatePackGroup 6. USUAL is the opposite of
RareHabitualRegularStaunchAlways 7. Which figure can be made from the two figures in brackets?
8. Look at the row of numbers. What number should come next?
8 4 2 1 1/2 1/4 ?.....
9. CLIENT CUSTOMER - Do these words
Have similar meaningsHave contradictory meaningsMean neither the same nor opposite? 10. Which word is related to nose as chew is to teeth?
SweetStinkOdorSmellClean 11. AUTUMN is the opposite of
Vacation SummerSpringWinterFall 12. A plane travels 300 feet in half second. At this same speed, how many feet will it travel in 10 seconds?
13. Assume the first 2 statements are true. Is the final one:
True FalseNot certain? These boys are normal children.
All normal children are active.
These boys are active.
14. REMOTE is the opposite of
SecludedNearFarHastyExact 15. Lemon candies sell at 3 fro 10 cents. How much will half dozen cost?
16. How many of the five pairs listed below are exact duplicates?
17. Arrange the following words so that they make a true statement. Print the last letter of the last word as the answer.
Always A verb sentence a has.
18. A boy is 5 years old and his sisters is twice as old. When the boy is 8 years old, will his sister be?
19. IT'S ITS - Do these words
Have similar meaningsHave contradictory meaningsMean neither the same nor opposite? 20. Assume the first 2 statements are true. Is the final one:
True FalseNot certain? John is the same age as sally.
Sally is younger than bill.
John is younger than bill.
21. A dealer bought some barrels for $4,000. She sold them for $5,000, making $50 on each barrel.
How many barrels were involved?
22. Arrange the following words so that they make a complete sentence. If it is a true statement, put a (T) in the brackets; if false, put an (F) in the brackets.
Eggs lay all chickens
23. Two of the following proverbs have similar meanings. Which ones are they?
Many a good cow hath a bad calf.Like father, like son.A miss is as good as a mile.A person is known by the company he keeps.They are seeds out of the same bowl. 24. A watch lost 1 minute 18 seconds in 39 days. How many seconds did it lose per day?
25. CANVASS CANVAS - Do these words
Have similar meaningsHave contradictory meaningsMean neither the same nor opposite? 26. Assume the first 2 statements are true. Is the final one:
True FalseNot certain? All students take tests.
Some of the people in this room are students.
Some of the people in this room take tests.
27. In 30 days a boy saved $1.00. What was his average daily savings?
28. INGENIOUS INGENUOUS- Do these words
Have similar meaningsHave contradictory meaningsMean neither the same nor opposite? 29. Two men caught 36 fish; X caught 5 times as many as Y. How many fish did Y catch?
30. A rectangular bin, completely filled, holds 800 cubic feet of grain. If the bin is 8 feet wide and 10 feet long, how deep is it?
31. One number in the following series does not fit in with the pattern set by the others. What should that number be?
1/2 1/4 1/6 1/8 1/9 1/12.
32. Answer this question by printing YES or NO. Does P.M. mean post meridien?
33. CREDITABLE CREDULOUS - Do these words
Have similar meaningsHave contradictory meaningsMean neither the same nor opposite? 34. A skirt requires 2-1/4 yards of material. How many skirts can be cut from 45 yards?
35. A clock was exactly on time at noon on Monday. At 2 P.M. on Wednesday, it was 25 seconds slow. At that same rate, how much did it lose in half hour?
36. Our baseball team lost 9 games this season. This was 3/8 of all they played. How many games did they play this season?
37. What is the next number in this series?
1 .5 .25 .125 ?.
38. Are the meanings of the following sentences
SimilarContradictoryNeither similar nor contradictory? A new broom sweeps clean.
Old shoes are easiest.
39. How many of the five pairs listed below are exact duplicates?
Rexford, J.D. Rockford, J.D.
Singleton, M.O. Simbleten, M.O.
Richards, W.E. Richard, W.E.
Siegel, A.B. Seigel, A.B.
Wood, A.O. Wood, A.O.
40. Two of the following proverbs have similar meanings. Which ones are they?
You cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.He that steals an egg will steal an ox.A rolling stone gathers no moss.You cannot damage a wrecked ship.It is the impossible that happens. 41. Which number in the following group of numbers represhents the smallest amount?
10 1 .999 .33 11.
42. Are the meanings of the following sentences
SimilarContradictoryNeither similar nor contradictory? No honest person ever apologized for their honesty.
Honesty is praised and starves.
43. For $1.80 a frocer buys a case of fruit which contains 12 dozen. She knows that two dozen will spoil before she sells them. At what price per dozel must she sell the good ones to gain half of the whole cost?
44. In the following set of words, which word is different from the others?
ColonyCompanionCoveyCrewConstellation 45. Assume the first 2 statements are true. Is the final one:
True FalseNot certain? Great people are ridiculed.
I am ridiculed.
I am a great person.
46. Three individuals form a partnership and agree to divide the profits equally. X invests $4,500, Y invests $3,500 and Z invests $2,000. If the profits are $1,500, how much less does X receive than if the profits were divided in proportion to the amount invested?
47. In printing an article of 30,000 words a printer decides to use two sizes of type. Using the larger type, a printed page contains 1,200 words. Using the smaller type, a page contains 1,500 words. The article is allotted 22 pages in a magazine. How many pages must be in the smaller type?
(Paper Submitted By : Hari Prasad)
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.