MindTree Placement Paper General - Other Gandhinagar-5 May 2005
Mindtree came to DA-IICT , Gandhinagar and there were three different papers for three streams ( CS, VLSI, DSP)
VLSI paper is attached. There were 16 questions ( I have only 15 ). Finally Mindtree took 55 students from DA-IICT.
1. An expression was given like B + A .B + !A .B + . . . . . and what will be the final expression o/p :- ( Easy )
2. state diagram was given and what state will be detected ?
3. Counter and three states were given( 13 , 15 , 14 , 10 ) what will be the next value ? ( ans. 11 ? Gray counter )
4. For one circuit inputs are ABCD and output is zero for first eight inputs and 1 for next eight . What will be the expression for circuit ? ( ans :- A)
5. What is octal representation of 01010101 ? ( ans. 125 )
6. D flip-flop with inverted feedback was given and question was based on maximum frequency allowed ( setup , hold etc. times were given )
7. Question based on instruction T states and CPI was asked . 8. What happens when HALT instruction is executed? ( Enter wait state and waits for interrupt or reset , Enters in to sleep state , etc. ( ans. Waits for interrupt or reset )
9. What happens when PUSH instruction is executed : ( content of accumulator is saved, content of PC is changed , stack pointer is decremented and value value is saved )
10. Two bulbs of 40 Watt and 60 Watts were added in series . What will happen ? ( 40 watt will be brighter , 60 watts will be brighter , both will have same brightness , none ) ( Ans. 40 watt)
11. If widths of all PMOS an NMOS are doubled in any circuit then what will be effect on noise margin ? ( ans. No effect)
12. If gate and one end of NMOS are connected to Vdd , what will be the output at second end of NMOS ? ( Vdd- Vth ? NMOS are bad 1 ?s)
13. a band limited signal is sampled at Nyquist rate , to reconstruct it the output will be given to : ( RC filter , Envelope detector , LPF with -- )
14. What is expression for Noise figure ?
15. always @ ( B or C) if( B) D=C Circuit will work as ( Mux, Tri state buffer , Latch , None ) ( Ans. --- Tri state Buffer)
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.