Infosys Placement Paper Whole Testpaper SYDENHAM COLLEGE, MUMBAI-16 Jul 2006
This is Piyush Kumar, BE in Electronics Engg from KITS Ramtek. I had attended the aptitude test on 16th jul and had my interview on 17th july,2006.My results are yet to come in 21 days. The aptitude round was easy. The questions were mostly from pevious papers.i solved Shakuntala devi and G.Summer. I hope these qustions that appeared on that day in my test will be useful to you.All the Best.
1. A die needs to made with following conditions, 1 and 6 on opposite
sides, 2, 5 and 3,4 respectively how many combinations can be made
in order to make a die with above conditions.
Ans: 216 hint:(6*6*6)
2. Similar the Celsius-Fahrenheit scale . A different measurement was use in which System A measured 14 and System B 36. Another reading gave System A measured 84 and System B measured 138. At what temperature both System A and B have the same temperature?
Ans: 52.5 degrees hint: A=7/3b-70
3. it was a little bit tough question. language was tough to understand .
4. a man goes out from his house at 3 pm and came back at 9 pm.he walk down the road at 4 km/hr,then on hill top at 3 km/hr and return from hill at 6 km/hr.then he went bak to his home with the same 1st path.wat was his one way distance traveled?
Ans: 12 km ( 24 km both sides)
5. A jeweller makes a window display. he has 7 gems of which he needs
to display 6. three on the left side of the pane on three on the
right. with following conditions.
let the gems be Armanet, diamond, emerald , sapphire , garnet, opal
and ruby.armanet should be always displayed on left side diamond always on the right
ruby should neither be kept with diamond or garnet.
emerald and sapphire should always be on the same side.
1]what are the possible combinations on the possible for left pane.
a] armanet,garnet , opal
b] armanet, ruby, garnet
c] diamond, emerald , sapphire
d] armanet , emerald, garnet
2]what are the possible combinations on the possible for right pane.
a]diamond, garnet , opal
b]diamond, ruby, opal
Ans 1]a 2]a]
Another 2 more questions were asked in similar way.
6. A horse travels half the distance with no load at a speed of 12 miles/hr. The other hal mile the horse is loaded and it travels with a speed of 4 miles\hr. What is the average speed of the horse?
Ans: 6 miles\hr
Ans: 20 hrs
8. There is a peculiar island where a man always tells truth and a women never says two 2 consequtive truth or false statements that is if she says truth statement then she says false statement next and vice versa. a boy and girl also goes in the same way. one day i asked a child " what r u a boy or a girl" howver the child replied in their language that i dint understand
but the parents knew my language and one parent replied that " kibi is a boy" the other one said that "no kibi is a girl, kibi lied"(8 marks)
a: is kibi a boy or a girl
b: who ansered first mother or father?
Ans: a. kibi is a girl
b. mother answered first.( i think its correct but check it out)
9. We are given 100 pieces of a puzzle. If fixing two components together is counted as 1 move ( a component can be one piece or an already fixed set of pieces), how many moves do we need to fix the entire puzzle.
10. Find the next term of the series:a) 1,2,3,5,16,__b) 1,2,3,8,__,224
Ans: a)231 (2^2 - 1^2 = 3, 3^2 - 2^2 =5, ......16^2 - 5^2 = 231) b)27 (2*1+1=3, 3*2+2=8, 8*3+3=27)
After this there was second round for english which was easy.It consisted of
i. Reading comprehension
ii. Fill in with appropriate Word
iii. Choose the correct phrase
iv. Choose the correct statement
v. Fill in with appropriate preposition.
The interview is cool.Be confident. In Interview they c mainly communication skills, honesty and your attitude and commitment to join infy.
They ask questions like as
- Tell me about yourself
- What will you if u don?t get the job.
- What u know about infy, explain.
- Why u want 2 join IT.
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.