Infosys Placement Paper Aptitude - Puzzle Offcampus, Cochin-19 Aug 2006
1) A soft. engr just returned from US has eaten too mucgh fat &put a lot of weight everfy sunday he starts walking 4 km/hr on levelground then up at 3 km\hr then back down hill at 6km\hr then again on level grounggd at 4km\hr till he reaches his destination if he returned home at 9 p.m. e what distance did he covered one way?
Ans. 12 kms.
2) 4 cards are placed on a table, each card has two colors. U don't know the color of the back side of each card. 4 persons A B C and D are sitting on the table before the cards. They can see Red, Green, Red and Blue .Out of the 4 poeple 2 always lie. They see the color on the reverse side and gave the following comments
A: Yellow or green
B: Neither Blue nor Green
C: Blue or Yellow
D: Blue or Yellow
Ans. A and C are lying. The colour of the cards are A: Blue, B: Yellow, C: Green, D: Yellow.
3) There is a tank which has 2 taps & a waste pipe. The two taps fill the tank individually in 10 min and quarter of an hour. The waste pipe empties the tank in 7.5 min. If both the taps as well as the waste pipe are kept open, when(if ever) will the tank fill ?
4) In this question u are given three combinations read them carefully (8 marks)
If T is selected than X cannot be selected.
If U is selected than Y has to be selected.
If Z is selected than X has to be selected.
a) Form the combination that is right
b) What cant be selected from this
c) What can be interchanged from this which wont make any change in the combination?
And there was one simpler question, which I don?t remember.
5) There is a thief who steals some diamonds from a shop but he feels bad and just takes half and 2 more from the whole lot. Then another thief came and took half and 2 more followed by another who did the same and than another who also did the same. The third and fourth thieves also did the same. When the fifth thief came he saw only 1 diamond in the heap. How many diamonds were there in the lot?
Ans> 76 diamonds.
6) Four friends x, c, v, b (I don.t remember the actual names)are in a party. They were dancing when someone ate the pizza, which they were not supposed to. There were 4 statement quoted out of which only 1 is true, find who ate the pizza? (4 marks)
X- c ate it.
C- v did it.
D- who I? Can't be.
B- x is wrong when he says that I ate it.
Ans. C (sure).
7)One day Harry and I set our watches together. None of us was aware that my watch was getting faster by 2 min per hour and Harry?s watch was getting slower by 1 min per hour. After sometime, we discovered that my watch was 1 hr ahead of Harry?s watch. Can you find out after how long we noticed this ? (3 Marks)
Ans: 20 hrs
8) Fudges cost 4cents/piece, 2choclate drops cost a penny and 4 candies cost a penny. If I were to buy 20 items for 20 cents, how much of each item will I get.
Ans Fudges- 3
Choclate drops- 15
a) 3125, 256, 27,___, 1
Ans. 4 (5^5, 4^4, 3^3, 2^2, 1^1)
b)16,14,12,___,9, 7, 5, 3
Ans. 10 (16+3=19,14+5=19,12+7=19, 10+9=19)
10) If I play a game with my friend and we decide to exchange a rupee for each one loses. If I gained 3 rupee in the end and my friend won three times than tell me how many times I must have won?
These were the questions. Most were previously asked.
I'm having interview on the next day. Pls pray for me.
Best Of Luck to all
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.