Infosys Placement Paper Aptitude - Puzzle Marivanious,Trivandrum-19 Aug 2006
2) A,B,C,D brought 20 candies from market for 20 cents.A fudge costs x(figure given there)pennies,2 chocolates cost 1 penny and 4 groundnuts cost 1 penny. What is the quantity of each product they brought.
Ans: igot 3, 15 ,2 (check it, done under assumption that bcent and penny r same)3) A theif goes for robbing a jewellery store...he takes half of diamonds and 2 more....2nd come and does same...and followed by 3rd and 4th but when 5th arrives he sees that only 1 diamond is left...how many diamonds were there in beginning..
4) There are two taps, which are used to fill the tank and one tap to empty the tank. First tap fill the tank in 10 min., while the second takes quarter of an hour to fill the tank if both are operated independently. Third tap is capable of emptying the tank in seven and a half minutes. If all the taps are opened simultaneously (when the tank is empty) how long (if ever) will it take for the tank to get filled completely?Let the amt of work be XA can fill in 10 min, in 1 min 1x/ 10th work of fillingB can fill in quarter of an hour ie) in 1 min 1x/15th workC can unfill in 7 1/2 min ie) in 1 min 2x/15th work If all work together 1x/10 + 1x/15 - 2x/15 = xSolve x = 30 min
5) An artist has exactly seven paintings --- ,T,U,V,W,X,Y, and Z -- from which she must choose exactly five to be in an exhibit. Any combination is acceptable provided it meets the following conditions:* If T is chosen , X cannot be chosen* If U is chosen , Y must also be chosen* If V is chosen , X must also be chosen1) Which one of the following is an acceptable combination of paintings for inclusion in the exhibit?A. T,U,V,X,YB. T,U,V,Y,ZC. T,W,X,Y,ZD. U,V,W,Y,ZE. U,V,W,Z,YAns EWhen T is present X shud be excluded so above cases failed. When V is there X must be there so2) If painting T is chosen to be among the paintings included in the exhibit which one of the following cannot be chosen to be among the paintings included in the exhibit?A. UB. VC. WD. YE. ZAns B when T is there X not there, so if u include V it brings X along with it3)Which one of the following substitutions can the artist always make without violating restrictions affecting the combination of paintings given that the painting mentioned first was not, and the painting mentioned first was not, and the painting mentioned second was, originally going to be chosen ?A. T replaces VB. U replaces YC. V replaces XD. W replaces YE. Z replaces W Ans EThere r no such conditions for Z and W ,they can be selected as u want.4) If the artist chooses painting V to be included among the paintings in the exhibit, which one of the following must be true of that combination of paintings?A. T is not chosenB. Y is not chosenC. U is chosenD. W is chosenE. Z is chosenAns AWhen V is there, X included, which contradicts T's condtn, so it must be excluded
6) 3.Four persons A,B,C,Dare playing cards.Each person has one card, laid down on table ,which has two different colours on either side.The colours visible on the table are red,green,red and blue.they see the colour on reverse side and give folling comments.A:yellowor greenB:neither blue nor greenC:blue or yellowD:blue or yellowGiven that out of 4 people 2 always lie .find out colours on the cards of each.
7)Two friends were flipping coins, they bet $1 apiece. At the end of the game One person won $3 and another person won 3 times of the money his/her fren has won.. How many games it took them to come to this amount... --> 3 marks
8) Consider the following statements:Albert: Dave did it.Dave: Tony did it.Gug: I did not do it.Tony: Dave lied when he said that i did it.(a)If only one out of all above statements is true, who did it?
Ans : Tony is true and Gug did it.
9) a) 3,10, 7,8,__,12,9,16
b) 46656, 3125, 256, 27,_,1
10)there were two clock one is getting slow by two minutes/hr and another one is gaining 1 minute every hour and exactly after how many hours there two clock has a 1hr difference.
Ans: 20 hrs.
Its terrible when u get all puzzles right, and u loss in English!!!!!!!!!!
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.