Infosys Placement Paper Aptitude - Puzzle -
Answer:: (338) approx.
Which two languages does each person speaks? (8 Marks)
4 . A software engineer starts from home at 3 pm for evening walk. He walks at a
speed of 4 km/h on level ground and then at a speed of 3 km/h on the uphill and then down the
hill at a speed of 6 kmph to the level ground and then at a speed of
4 kmph to the home at 9 pm. What is the distance on one way? (4 Marks.)
Ans : 12 Km (One Way), 24Km (Two Way)
5. A person has some money. He went for a shopping. He went to 5 shops and spend all the money
He spent Re 1 more than previous shop. Find out how money he had when he went for shopping?
Ans :: Rs. 62
6. A town tower clock is back by 1 hour. A talks with B at night.
B says : We meet 11 hours after the tower clock strikes for 10 seconds duration.
A asks : I hope the duration for each gap is 1 second.
B says : Yes, that's true.
When do they actually meet, if it is 10 pm clock now ? (6 marks)
Answer :: 9am (check answer)
7. A car is travelling at a constant speed. The driver sees a milestone showing a 2
digit number. After travelling for an hour the driver sees another milestone with
the same digits in reverse order. After another hour the driver sees another
milestone containing the same two digits separated by zero.
What is the speed of the car.
Ans: 45 km/h
8. There are 770 apples that has to distributed among the three friends A, B, C. If A
takes 3 apples then B takes 4 apples and when A takes 6 apples , C takes 7.
Determine the number of apples A, B, C each takes after distribution.
Ans :: 264, 198, 308 (order is not sure, but answer is sure.)
9. This question is long. There are some condition given like ::
If all goes in the Browing party, then they must goes to Eilot party.
If all goes to Eilot party, then they do not goes to cambridge party.
Some more conditions are given. But the problem is easy.
1. There are 9 coins. 8 are of 1 gm and 1 is of 2 grams. How will you find out the heavier coin in minimum
number of weighing and how many weighing it will need?
Ans: 2 weighing (Hint :: Divide the number of coins into 3 parts at each weighing)
2. You have to plant four plants at equi distance from each other. How will u
plant the plants?
Ans :: Assume the valley in pyramidical in shape. Plant 3 plants at base triangle and plant 1 at top of the valley.
All are of equi diatance from each other.
3. There are two bars : one is iron bar and other is magnetic bar. You have to
find out which is iron and which is magnetic bar.
Ans ::: Get a piece of thread and tie up with the one bar and check for poles. If it iron bar then it moves
freely and if it is magnetic bar then it fix in one direction according to poles. (I guess this is correct explanation,
also u check it out.)
4. There are three people A, B, C. Liars are of same type and Truth speaking people are of same type.
Find out who is speaking truth and who is speaking false from the following statements::::
a) A says :: B is a liar.
b) B says :: A and C are of same type.
Ans :: lets assume A is speaking truth. it means B is a liar then it means A and C are not of same type.
English test ::
It is very easy test of 45 Questions (30min) consisting of Comprehension, Antonym, Fill in the blanks,
Correct the wrong statement, etc.
they want. In my test Out of 10 Questions, I find out 8 questions that had been done by me before the test.
Out of eight, I wrote the answers of 5 questions directly because I remember the answer.
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.