Infosys Placement Paper Aptitude - General Meenakshi College, Chennai-2 Jul 2006
Hai Friends,I attended the Infosys Test on July 2nd at Meenakshi college, Chennai. Almost all Questions except 1 were repeated. I cleared the written test and my interview was on 3rd July .Now I am waiting for the results. Please do remember me in your prayers.
I referred Shakuntala Devi's "puzzles to puzzle you" and "more puzzles" and also almost all the previous papers in freshersworld.com My suggestion is.. to get through the test ... .its necessary to solve the previous papers... During the test two work sheets are given. Do the puzzles with steps on the sheets.1. A man fixed an appointment to meet Mr.Aby (Sorry..dont remember the exact name). Aby asked him to meet two days after the day before the day after tomorrow. Today is Friday. What is the appointed day? --> 3 marks
2. Two friends were flipping coins, they bet $1 a piece. At the end of the game. One person won $3 and another person won 3 times of the money his friend has won.. How many games it took them to come to this amount... --> 3 marks
3. Triplets Annie, Danny and fanny spoiled their kitchen with mud on their socks.. Their mother was furious and she couldn't find it who was the culprit as foot print size of the triplets were same.. when she asked the triplets.. Annie said "I didn't do it"...Fanny said "Danny did it".. Danny said "I didn't do it, Fanny is lying".. Among the triplets only one speaks truth..the other two always lie..find the culprit who spoiled the kitchen--> 3 marks
4. Chocolate bars problem.. Boy gave his sister some chocolates.Later when he enquired .. she inorder to confuse him, told " I gave half of the bars to mother and half more to father then half of the remaining and half more to the dog and ended up with 3 bars which I ate myself.how many bars did the boy gave his sister?(similar Qn ) -->4 marks5. Salad problem.. Four girls Robin,Mandy,Stacy,Erica of four families Miller,Jacob,Flure,and Clark prepare four salads using the fruits Apples cherries bananas,grapes.Each girls uses 3 fruits in her salad.No body have the same combination.1 )Robin not a Miller girl uses apples.2) Miller and Mandy uses apples and cherries. 3) Clark uses cherries and grapes but Flure uses only one of them.4)Erica is not Clark nor Flure.Then 4 questions asked.1. Which is robins family: a. Miller b. Jacob c.Flure d. Clark
2. Which fruit is not used by Mandy?
a. Cherries b. Grapes c. Apples d.Bananas
3. Which is the combination by Erica?
a. Apples, cherries, Bananasb. Apples ,Cherries, Grapesc. Apples,Grapes,Bananasd. Cherries, Grapes, Bananas
4. Which is robin's fruit combination?
(I don't exactly remember the Qn but almost similar)
--> 8 marks6. Jim Planted a tree right at the centre of his garden.. Each day the size of the tree doubles... (ie. if two metres on first day then 4 metres on second day).. So it took 50 days for the tree to fully occupy the garden... at which day will half of the garden be filled by tree..?.-->3 marks.
7. There are five persons in an office in the post of buyer, clerk, footwalker, manager,cashier. Allen, Benett, Clark, Ewinger, Davis holds the post. Mrs Allen and Mrs Benett are sisters. Among the 5 two have their lunch time from 11:30 - 12:30 and the rest have it in 12:30 - 1:30
Cashier and clerk share their lunch among themselves. Two Bachelors share their rooms. Davis and Ewinger doesn't face each other from the day Davis reported Ewinger to the Manager when he returned from lunch and found out that Ewinger has already left for lunch before time. --> 8 marks
8. Two sequence problems..-->6 marks
a. 1,2,3,8,_,224b. 1,2,3,5,16,_
9. Jan Robinson, Kate Jones, John Smith are Engineer, Pilot & Biochemist not in the order .they have three martian assistants . as they find difficulty with martian names they gave them nick names as smith, robinson, jones as their masters name.
1.robinson is an yomi 2. martians speak uti. 3.the martians name is the same as the bio chemist 4.robinson beats engineer in the chess (sorry I don't remember)
who is the pilot?, Work out the conditions .2 conditions r imp u get the idea so concentrate and do.--> 6marks
10. stamps problem..sorry dont remember exactly..-->5marks
Today -----> Friday.Day after tomorrow ---->Sunday.Day before Sunday ----->Saturday.Two Days after Saturday->Monday.
2nd person won---------->3 times.. so 1st person lost 3 times.. to compensate... he won 3 times .. And inorder to get $3 he won 3 more times.. so total gmes= 3+3+3=9.
Case 1:Annie truth Others lie
Case 2:Fanny truth others lie
Case 3:Danny truth others lie
let total bars given to sister be x so 1/2 to mother and 1/2 more to father ie x/2 + 1/2 so remaining = x- ( x/2 + 1/2 ) =x/2- 1/2 then 1/2 of the remaining and 1/2 more to dog ie..
1/2 (x/2 - 1/2 )+ 1/2 = x/4 - 1/4 + 1/2 = x/4 + 1/4
so remaining = x/2 - 1/2 - ( x/4 + 1/4 )
= x/2- 1/2 - x/4 - 1/4
=x/4 - 3/4
x/4 - 3/4 =3
1e... x/4=3+ 3/4
x= (15/4 ) *4
bcz..it doubles each day
8.a. 63 b.231
9.Jan robinson (I didn't do)
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.