EIL Placement Paper Whole Testpaper Sarvhitkari Govt. School Chandigarh-15 Mar 2009
Paper consists of 2 parts:
1. Non-tech. (50 ques.)
2. Technical (100 ques.) Duration: 2 hrs
Here we are submitting you the ques we remembered....
Out of 50 ques hardly 3-4 were of general English, no ques.is from aptitude the rest all were GK ques.
1. Which country is rich in thorium..
Ans. Eco friendly.
a) sony pictures, b)zee, c)star, d)disney
4. First nuclear plant in India was set up at:
5. Recently India has done "Science Express Deal" with which of the following countries:
a) Germany, b) Japan, c) China, d) Russia
6. Pandit Jwaharlal Nehru award was given first time to the president of which of the following countries:
a) Brazil, b) Mexico, c) Austria, d) Sweden.
7. Kaziranga National Park is Famous for:
a) Rhino, b) Zebra, etc....
8. APJ Abdul klam is related to which of the following missiles:
a) ASLV, b) GSLV, c) SLV,etc..
9. Progen is the BPO of which company:
a) Satyam, b) Wipro, c) Infosys, etc..
10. Bharat Parvasi Divas is celebrated on which day:
Ans. 9th Nov.
11. Pongal is the festival belongs to which state:
a) Kerela, b) Karnatka, c) Orissa, etc..
12. Which dance is known as the "Ballet of East":
a) kathak, b) bharatnatyam, c) kuchipudi, d) manipuri
13. Sunderbans are famous for:
a) Mangroves, b) Tropical forests, etc..
14. The famous Golfer Vijay Singh belongs to which country:
a) Fiiji, b) keniya, c) Maldives, etc..
15. LTTE is related to which country:
16. Which of the following is not included in new 7 wonders:
a) Taj Mahal, b) The Grand Canyon, c) machhi Puchhi, etc..
17. Who is known as the father of modren biology?
a) Charles Darwin, etc...
18. P.Sainath is related to which of the following:
a) TV Anchoring, b) Drama, c) Mountaineering, etc...
19. The elephants, the tiger, the cell is written by:
a) Sashi Throor, etc....
20. Anandmath is written by which author:
a) Rabindernath Tagore, b)BC Chatterji, c) Premchand, etc...
21. Bessel 2 norms are related to:
a) Cyber crimes, etc...
22. Steve Fosset is related to:
a) Crocodile Hunting, etc...
23. Dr. MS Swaminathan is related to :
a) planning comission, b) sixth pay comission, c) national farmers comission, etc..
24. First soundless movie of Bolyywood:
Ans. Alam Ara
25. What is the meaning of Dime a Dozen...?
a) easy to get, b) easily available,etc...
26. Nightmare: Dream
a) Dread: Expectation, b) Frustration: Confusion,etc..
27. Meaning of Concur:
a) to deny, b) Unusual, etc...
28. Golden Arches is related to which of the following:
a) KFC, b) Mcdonals, etc...
29. Meaning of: "The way the wind blows" :
a) way the things were , b) way the things are, etc...
30. I would hope that you ____ take tea with me 2mrw.
a) shall, b) will, c) would, d) could
31. In Ambulance which of the aural postural balance is difficult to maintain:
a) nose, b) eyes, c) ears, d) hands
32. the next olympics wiil be held in which country:
a) london, b) New York, c) Paris, d) Switzerland
33. Where is the OPEC head office located?
upto 50 (but i remembered this much..)
Part-2 (Technical-100 ques.)
1. Dimensions of Power:
a) M1L2T-3, b) M1L2T-2, c) M1L1T-3, etc...
2. Torque in Induction Motor is directly proportional to:
a) V, b) V(pwr)2, c) V(pwr)3, d) V(pwr)1/2
3. Power in Transmission lines is proportional to:
a) V, b) V(pwr)2, c) V(pwr)3, d) V(pwr)1/2
4. Flashover at the surface of condenser bushings is due to:
a) moisture in air, etc..
5. When Surge impedence equal characterstic impedance then :
a) Vs = Vr, b) Vs> Vr, c) Vs< Vr, etc..
6. Stability limit is higher in:
a) Steady state, b) Transient state, c) Sub transient state, etc..
7. Those instruments which give constants and direction only are called:
a) Secondary type, b) Absolute type, c) Deflection type, d) Integrating type.
8. The internal resistance of a meter is 4 ohm and current drawn is 30mA. If we want to increase its range as voltmeter upto 150V then find out the series resistance added in the circuit?
Ans. 4996 ohm
9. 1 ques like... If relay setting is at 125% and the CT ratio is 400/5, then the fault current in hv winding is?
Ans. 6.25 amp.
10. If capacitve reactance of a 200 km line is 2000 ohm then what will be the charging reactance of a 100 km line?
a) 2000 ohm, b) 4000ohm, c) 500 ohm, d) 8000ohm.
11. Which is wrong:
a) Transient response is frequency domain.
b) Routh criteria is stability based.
c) Nyquist is time domain.
12. With the increase in feedback of the system which will increase:
a) stability, b) gain, etc...
13. Mechenical stress is max. at which part of the cable:
a) core, b) sheath, etc...
14. Underground cable laying is done by:
ans. conduits and piping.
15. Operation and maintenece cost is min. in which of the dollowing plants:
a) Thermal, b)Nuclear, c) Hydel, d) Diesel.
16. 1 ques like.... earliest power plant is:
a) Thermal, b) Nuclear, c) Unconventionanal, etc....
17. Circuit Breaker arcing contacts are made of which material:
a) copper tungsten alloy, b) copper, c) silver, d)graphite.
18. The reflection cofficient for voltage of a short circuited line is:
a) -1, b) 1, c) 0, d) 2
19. Double cage rotor is used in Induction motor is to improve:
Ans. starting torque.
20. If resistance of the secondary winding of the transformer is given as .02ohm and reactance .06ohm then find out the primary resistance and reactance respectively:
Ans. .08 ohm and .24ohm
21. Skewing in the squirrel cage rotor of Induction motor is purposely done to :
Ans. to avoid interlocking and reduce noise.
22. 1 ques like.......capacitance of 3phase line is given 4microF. if we consider single line to groundthen its capacitance will be:
a) 4microF, b) 2microF, c) 1microF, d) 8microF
23. The normal frequency RMS voltage that appears across the breaker poles after final arc extinction is known as:
ans. Recovery voltage
24. 1 ques like...... In power factor meter , which element is used as shunt in instruments:
a) silver, b) copper, c) manganin, etc...
25. 1 ques like...If anode of the SCR is made positive and cathode is made negative thenit will be:
ans. forward biased and conducting.
26. 1 ques like.... Natural commutation is done in...
a) cycloconverters, b) choppers, c) AC voltage controllers, etc.
27. 1 ques was based on....... Class B insulation is done in :
a) DC choppers , etc.....
28. the highest range of temperature of insulations is...
29. temperature of the boiler furnace is measured by:
Ans. optical pyrometer
30. Resistivity of insulators with temperature
a) decreases linearly, b) decreases exponentially, c) increases, d) remains same.
31. On increasing the frequency of the transformer , hysterisis loss and eddy current loss respectively:
a) decreses and remains same, b) decreases and increases, c) both increases , d) both decreases.
32. Rotor copper losses are small in Induction Motor as compared to transformer becoz:
Ans. Rotor core is laminated.
33. 1 ques like.... arrange the following in ascending order:
resistance split, capacitor start capacitor run etc motors were given...
34. Which type of turbine is used in tydel power generation:
a) Kaplan, b) Fransis, c) Pelton Wheel type, d) Reverse type.
35. Which of the following is the distribution 3 phase voltage:
a) 220 V, b) 415 V, c) 680 V, d) 800 V.
36. Which of the following bridges is used to measure dielectric losses in capacitor:
a) Schearing Bridge, b) Wein's Bridge, c) De-Sauty Bridge, d) Maxwell Bridge.
37. 1 ques is based on..... Cros have which of the following...
a) Vertical and Horizontal plates, b) sweep, etc...
38. 1 ques like..... A full wave centre tap thyristor is given.. find out the PIV..? dnt remember exactly some values were given...
a) 141.3 V, b) 100 V, c) 248.2 V, etc...
39. Speed of the Induction Motor at full load is 1400 rpm , what will be the speed at half the load...
a)1400rpm, b) 1420rpm, c) 1440rpm, d) 1460rpm.
40. The line feeding from distribution system to the consumers is called:
a) feeder, b) service mains, c) distributor, etc...
41. Which of the following generation plant is most reliable.
Ans. Interconnected system.
42. 1 ques like.... load current in thyristor depends upon.....
a) delay angle and load type, b) delay angle but not on load type, c) only delay angle, etc...
43. Buchholz relay is:
a) a gas actuated relay, b) current sensitive relay, c) overcurrent relay, d) over voltage relay.
44. Diac is a:
a) 4 terminal 2junction device, b) 3 terminal 2 junction device, c) 5 terminal 3 junction device, d) 6 terminal 3 junction device.
45. Dual converter consists of:
Ans. 1 converter and 1 inverter.
46. Slip is min. for which of the following machine:
a) 25HP,4 Pole , b) 1HP, 4 pole, c) 2 HP , 6 pole, d) 25 HP, 6 Pole.
47. In Air Blast circuit breakers the air pressure inside is:
a) 1kg/cm2, b) 100 mm of Hg , c) 20-30 kg/cm2, d) 200-300 kg/cm2.
48. 1Barrel contains how much litres:
a) 216, b) 159, etc....
49. DC Choppers are used to convert:
a) DC to DC, b) AC to DC, c) AC to AC, etc....
50. 1 ques like.... how the corona effect varies with size and frequency, it increases with..
a) increasing size and reducing supply frequency, b) reducing size and incresing supply frequency, etc...
51. 1 ques was based on..... in frequency variable method which of the following factor is kept constant:
a) V/f = constant, b) Vf = constant, c) V=constant, d) none of these..
52. 1 ques was based on ..... relation of Voltage with load angle delta..... options were...
a) V/1-& , b) V/1+&, c) 1-&/&V, d) &/(1-&)V
53. 1 ques like.... Universal motor is:
a) frequency dependent, b) frequency independent, etc...
54. If CT winding connections are made in star/delta on the primary side of the T/F then CT connections on the secondary side winding of T/F will be:
55. slip rings in DC machines are made of:
a) carbon, b) graphite, c) copper alloy, d) copper.
56. 1 ques like.... bending radius of the cable should be:
a) D, b)2D, c) 3D, d) 4D
57. 1 ques like..... In cycloconverters the O/P frequency power factor will bw as compared to I/P frequency power factor:
a) higher, b) lower, c) same..
58. In higher rating transformers the tank is of the following type:
a) radiator, b) oil tank, c) seperator, etc.
59. Merz Price protection is used in :
a) Alternator, b) Transmission lines, c) Transformer, etc.
60. Meggar is:
a) moving coil type, b) moving iron type, etc.
61. Differential relay is:
a) over current relay, b) over voltage relay, etc.
62. 1 ques like....Two transformers are connected in parallel R/X is smthing..... then the currents in the two T/F will be:
a) Ia lags Ib , b) Ia leads Ib, c) both will be in phase, etc....
63. skin effect does not depend upon:
Ans. ambient temperature.
64. 1 ques like.... AC resistance is more due to....
Ans. skin effect
65. Human body gets shock due to:
a) static charge discharging of body, b) voltage induced in the body, c) current induced in the body, d) none of these.
66. Heavy water in nuclear reactor is used as:
a) accelerating agent, b) decclerating agent, c) lubricating agent, d) cooling agent.
67. specifications of earth plate are:
a) 60* 60*12.5 , b) 90*90*12.5 , etc.
68. Distance of ground electrode from building is:
a) 1m, b) 2m, c) 3m , d)4m
69. Why earth pit is filled with alternate layers of salt and charcoal:
Ans. to reduce earth's resistance.
70. If cos& is a power factor, then MVAR ia proportional to:
a) cos&, b) sin&, etc...
71. 1 ques like.....why central phase is reversed.....(smthing dnt remember exactly)
72. capacitors are connected where at the transmission line:
a) at sending end, b) at receiving end, c) in the middle of the line, etc.
73. Which gas is used in the gas fired prime movers at gas power plants:
a) LPG, b) CNG, etc.
upto 100..( jst remember this much..)
so friends, in the end i would like to say u that paper is not at all difficult if your basics are clear...as u c ppr was theoretical type... hardly 4-5 numericals were there..so go through theory carefully...
All The Best.
Richa & Ridhima
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.