Deutsche Placement Paper General - Other -1 Apr 2004
Deutsche Software(India) Paper 2004 April
1. What is the percentage represented by 0.03 * 0.05 ?
2. (x-a)(x-b)(x-c)....(x-z) = ?
(a) 1(b) -1(c) 0(d) Can't be determined
3. If a = 1, b = 2, c = 3.......z = 26 what is the value of p+q+r ?
4. A is 8 miles east of B. C is 10 miles north of B. D is 13 miles east of C and E is 2 miles north of D. Find shortest distance between A and E.
(a) 5 miles(b) 6miles(c) 13 miles(d) 18 miles
5. If z = 1, y = 2.......a = 26. Find the value of z + y + x + .......+a.
(a) 351(b) 221(c) 400(d) 200
6. There are 30 socks in a bag. Out of these 60 % are green and the rest are blue. What is the maximum number of times that socks have to be taken out so that atleast 1 blue pair is found.
(a) 21(b) 2(c)18(d) 20
7. How many two digit numbers have their square ending with 8.
(a) 13(b) 12(c) 0(d) 11
8. How many numbers are there between 100 and 300 with 2 in the end and 2 in the beginning.
(a) 10(b) 9(c) 11(d) none of these
9. 0.000006 * 0.0000007 = ?
(a) 0.0000000042(b) 0.000000000042(c) 0.0000000000042(d) 0.00000000000042
10. You have Rs 1000 with 8% p.a compounded every 6 months. What is the total interest you get after 1 year.
(a) Rs.116.40(b) Rs.345.60(c) Rs.224.50(d) Rs.160
11. If x + y =12, x - y = 2 Find x + 2y.
(a) 12(b) 17(c) 14(d) none of these
12. With one gallon of petrol a person moves at a speed of 50 mph and covers 16 miles. 3/4th of the distance is covered while moving at 60 mph. How many gallons does he need to cover 120 miles in 60 mph.
13. A tap drains at x speed while tap B is closed. When both taps are open they drain at y speed. What is the speed of draining when only tap B is open
(a) x - y(b) y-x(c) x(d) can't be determined
14. What is twenty percent of 25 % of 20.
(a) 2(b)1(c) 5(d) 4
15. A rectangle has the dimensions 6ft * 4ft. How many squares of 0.5 inches will it need to completely fill it.
(a) 32000(b) 12824(c) 13824(d) 18324
Directions for questions 16-21: In each question,a series of letters satisfying a certain pattern are given. Identify the pattern and then find the letter/letters that will come in place of the blank/blanks.
16. a, c, e, g, _
(a) h(b) i(c) d(d) j
17. a, e, i, m, q, u, _, _
(a) y, c(b) b, f(c) g, i(d) none
18. ay , bz , cw , dx ,__
(a) gu(b) ev(c) fv(d) eu
19. 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, __
(a) 15(b) 9(c) 13(d) 12
Ans. 13 , series of prime numbers
20. kp , lo , mn , __
(a) nm(b) np(c) op(d) pq
21. abc , zyx , def , wvu , ___
(a) ghi(b) tsr(c) ihg(d) str
22. How is my mother's sister's brother's wife's child related to me?
(a) brother(b) uncle(c) cousin(d) nephew
23.What will my mother's husband's father-in-law's son's daughter to me?
(a) niece(b) aunt(c) sister(d) none of these
24. A person travels 12 km in the southward direction and then travels 5 km to the right. He then travels 5 km to the right and then travels 15 km towards the right and finally travels 5km towards the east. How far is he from his starting place?
(a) 5km(b) 3m(c) 3.5km(d) 4km
25. A person travels towards east from his house and travels a distance of 3 meters. He then ran a distance of 7 meters southwards and then travels towards east a distance of 3 meter Finally he travels southwards a distance of 10 meters. What is his vertical distance from his house?
(a) 10(b) 17(c) 12(d) none of these
26. The sum of three consecutive numbers is 132. Find the square of the largest number.
(a) 2026(b) 640(c) 900(d) 2025
27. Father's age is five times his son's age. Four years back father was 9 times older than his son. Find their present ages
(a) 30yrs, 6yrs(b) 25yrs, 5yrs(c) 40yrs, 8yrs(d) none of these
28. If x + 5y = 6 ; 7x - 2y = 5
Find x - y
(a) 1(b) 2(c) 0(d) none of these
29. If the equation x2 + 2(k+2)x + 9k = 0 has equal roots, find k?
(a) 1,4(b) 1,5(c) 2,5(d) can't be determined
Directions for questions 30 to 35: Select the alternative that logically follows form the two given statements.
30. All books are pages. All pages are boxes.
(a) All boxes are books(b) All books are boxes(c) No books are boxes(d) Both (a) and (b) are correct
31. No apple is an orange. All bananas are oranges.
(a) All apples are oranges(b) Some apples are oranges(c) No apple is a banana(d) None of the above
32. All pens are elephants. Some elephants are cats.
(a) Some pens are cats(b) No pens are cats(c) All pens are cats(d) None of the above
33. All shares are debentures.No debentures are deposits.
(a) All shares are deposits(b) Some shares are deposits(c) No shares are deposits(d) None of the above
34. Many fathers are brothers. All brothers are priests.
(a) No father is a priest(b) Many fathers are not priests(c) Many fathers are priests(d) Both (b) and (c)
35. Some pens are pencils. All pencils are costly.
(a) No pens are costly(b) Some pens are costly(c) All pens are costly(d) None of the above
36. How many two digit numbers have their squares ending with 6?
(a) 9(b) 10(c) 164(d) 18
37. In how many years will $1200 amount to $1323 at 5%p.a. compound interest?
(a) 3 years(b) 2 1/2 yrs(c) 2 yrs(d) none of the above
38. How many terms of the series -9 , -6 , -3 ,.........must be taken such that the sum may be 66?
(a) 11(b) 13(c) 9(d) 10
39. The sum of three numbers in AP is 27 and their product is 504. Find the terms.
(a) 7, 9 ,11(b) 5, 9, 13(c) 4, 9, 14(d) none of these
40. Two pipes A and B can fill a tank in 20 and 25 seconds respectively. Both are opened at the same time and after 5 minutes the first one is closed. How much more time will it take for the tank to be full?
(a) 13 min 45 secs(b) 10 min(c) 18 min(d) 15 min 45 secs
41. How long will a train 150 metres long and travelling at a speed of 45 kmph, take to cross a platform of length 250 meters?
(a) 48 secs(b) 32 secs(c) 30 secs(d) none of the above
42.Walking at 4/5th of his usual speed, a man reaches his office 15 mins late. Find his usual time for reaching the office?
(a) 45 mins(b) 2 hrs(c) 1 hr(d) 30 mins
43. If the word "CODING" is represented as DPEJOH , then the word "CURFEW" can be represented?
(a) DVSGFX(b) DVSHFX(c) DGSHFX(d) DTSGFY
44. If in a certain code "RANGE" is coded as 12345 and "RANDOM" is coded as 123678, then the code for the word "MANGO" would be
(a) 82357(b) 84563(c) 82346(d) 82543
45. If in a code "COPIER" is coded as 1234 and "REAM" is coded as 5421,then "DREAM" is coded as
(a) 35421(b) 43512(c) 35412(d) 34521
Directions for questions 46-48:The questions are based on the following data
In a class of 150 students 55 speak English;85 speak Telugu and 30 speak neither English nor Telugu
46. How many speak both English and Telugu?
(a) 10(b) 15(c) 20(d) 12
47.How many speak only Telugu?
(a) 55(b) 45(c) 65(d) none of the above
48.How many speak at least one of the two languages?
(a) 120(b) 100(c) 250(d) 50
49. Find the lowest of the three numbers in a GP whose sum is 38 and product 945.
(a) 12(b) 18(c) 4(d) 8
50. A can do a piece of work in 24days. When he had worked for 4 days B joined him. If the complete work is finished in 16 days form the beginning, in how many days can B alone finish the work?
(a) 24 days(b) 18 days(c) 36 days(d) None of the above
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.