CTS Placement Paper General - Other -
CTS PAPERS PAPER RED COLOR1. Numbers between 1 to 100 divisible by 2 or 3. (Ans: 67)
2. Sum of the numbers from 1 to 100 if the digit 6 is replaced by 9 in those numbers (Ans: 5380)
3. You have a one Kg weight with you. In how many ways can a 31 Kg rice bag be weighed? (Ans: 5)
4. Priya bought 6 pens, 7 notebooks, and 8 pencils and she had spent all the money she had for that. Rama bought
13 pens, 12 notebooks and 9 pencils and rama had 50% of money more than what priya had. How much %
rama spends more than priya?
5. This is an analytical question There are four numbers a, b, c and d.Conditions: a+b+c+d=100.a, b, c, d>=10 All
are even numbers Each number is different from the other. What is the maximum possible value for a? (four
choices given) (Ans: 64)
6. If a=54 then what is the difference between the biggest (54) and thesecond biggest number?
7. if a=54; c=2+2d then c=?
8. What is the Selling price of x? if the profit % =5% ,and the cost price = 100 (Ans: 105)
9. Similar question to the above one.
10. Calculate the ages of a son and his father if their present ages are in the ratio 1:2 and before 10 years the ratio
was 3:4 (-5 and -10) (wrong q)
11. Same type as the previous one. Sum of their present ages is 80, before 5 years their ages were in the ratio 3:4.
(some more questions were from this category) (Ans: 35 and 45)
12. Two cars start from terminals A and B and travel towards B and A respectively. The distance between A and B
is 500 meters. The cars move forward with a speed of 50 m/s and they move backwards with a speed of 25
m/s. For every 100 cms movement of the cars in the forward direction they should move backwards by 50 cms.
What is the time taken for the cars to collide or meet? (Ans: 20s)
13. In a pack of 52 cards if Ace, Jack, queen and king is removed (fromall the four sets), what is the sum of the
remaining cards? (Ans: 216)
14. An Analytical question from Barron?s, having the keywords such as 18th century, 19th century and 20th century
in the question
15. The diameter of the circle is 4cm. The area of the shaded portion is 1/3rd area of the square. Find the sides of
the square (Ans: sqr (12/pi))
Four girls participate in the Miss India competition. Each was wearing saree of different colour. They were made to sit in a row. The winner was wearing a yellow saree. The runner up was not in the corners.Ms.AP was next to Ms.West Bengal.Ms.west Bengal is neither the winner nor the runner. Ms.Maharastra was wearing a green saree.Ms.UP was the runner up. Both winner and the runner are not adjacent and have a person between them. Who was wearing a Red saree? (Ans: Miss WB) Who was the winner? (Ans: Ms.AP) And one more question of the same order.
Plz frame the order. All analytical are very simple. Mostly paragraphs are given and the question will be what you infer from this type. Only one question from each paragraph.XX) What is the number that divides (3 nos), leaving the remainders (3 nos). sums of this type are in RS.A plz refer.
16.In 400m race A gives B a start of 7 sec & beats him by 24m.in another race A beats by 10 sec. the speeds are
a)8,7 b)7,6 c) 12,10 d) 10,8
17. A is thrice as good as a workman as B and takes10 days less to do a piece of work than B takes. B alone can
do the same work in: a) 12 days b) 15 c) 20 d) 30 Ans available in Agarwal: pp 261 (13)
18. Again from Agarwal: the mean temperature of Monday to Wednesday was 37deg. The mean temperature of
Tuesday to Thursday was 34 deg. If the temperature on Thursday was 4/5 of Monday, what is the temperature
on Thursday? Ans: 36. pp=104 (47) in RS. Agarwal
19 A travels at 4 kmph. Two hours after the start of A, B travels at a speed of 1 kmph for the first one hour, 2
kmph for the next one hour and so on. At what time will they meet? Ans: 9 hours and 48 mts.
20. Given 80 coins with one defective. What is the minimum number of weightings that you will take to determine
the defective(less weight) coin? (Ans: 5)
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.