CTS Placement Paper General - Other -
COGNIZENT TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS(CTS)
There are 60 questions to be answered in 60 minutes1) In a club there are certain no. of males and females. If 15 females are absent then no. of males will be twice that of females. If 45 males are absent then female strength will be 5 times that of males. Find no. of males actually present.
21)X and Y live in a North-South parallel street. X travels 10 km towards North to reach the east-west street . Y travels 6 km towards south to reach the east ?west street . X travels now 4km towards east and y travels 8km towards west and they met each other. What is the distance between x and y?
22)The houses are numbered 1,2,3,? and reach the end of the street and backtracks toward s the starting point. The house numbered 10 is opposite to 23. there are even no of houses. Find the total no of houses.
23)A seller has a set of apples out of which he sells one half of it and half an apple to his first customer.then he sells half of the remaining apples and a half apple to his second customer.Then he sells half of the remaining apple and ½ apple to his third customer and so on.This repeats upto 7th customer and no more apples are remaining . Find the total no of apples he had.
24) A hollow cube of size 5cm is taken , with the thickness of 1cm . it is made of smaller cubes of size 1cm . if the outer surface of the cube is painted how many faces of the smaller cubes remain unpainted?
25)if a 36 cm thread is used to wrap a book , lengthwise twice and breadthwise once, what is the size of the book?
the various degrees of the vertices are marked in the dig. Find y.
27)if 4 circles of equal radius are drawn with vertices of a square as the centre , the side of the square being 7 cm, find the area of the circles outside the square?
28)A bus has 40 seats and the passengers agree to share the total bus fare among themselves equally. If the total fair is 80.67 , find the total no of the seats unoccupied.
29) A 4 digit no may consist of the digits 6,2,7,5 where none of the nos are repeated.Find the possible no of combinations divisible by 36?
30) if u r traveling from Mumbai to banglore and return back .To find the speed of the car which of the following r needed.a)the distance between them.b)time takenc)avg speed towards Mumbai and the avg speed towards banglore. Choices:1)a only. 2)a and b 3) a,b,c 4)b only 5) c only ( ans not in order)
( Diagram drawn approximate not to scale.)if all the blocks are squares and the complete fig is also a square and the area of the a is 1 cm2,b=81 cm2what is the area of i?
32) A secret can be told only 2 persons in 5 minutes .the same person tells to 2 more persons and so on . How long will take to tell it to 768 persons ?a)47.5 min b)50 min c) 500 min d)?. Ans: 47.5 min
33) Three birds cross a point in a same st. line and of that 2 fly in opposite directions. If a triangle is formed with the position of the birds what kind of the triangle will be formed?a)isosceles b)right angle c)equilateral d)right angle and isosceles.
when the angle a, b, c, d are given find x.
35) One question is given for explaining the working of cornea (in eyes) & the windowans: drawing analogy36) m<n, & x<y which of the following is definitely falsea)m-n < x-y b)m+n < x+yc)&d) Similar options using all 4 variables
37)Four circles are drawn from the corners of a square of area 49 cm2 . Find the area of 4 circles outside the square(they didn?t mention that circles have radius=1/2 side of a square)ans: intermediate
38)In a pond ecosystem,large fishes and small fishes will be there.If we want to remove small amount of pollutants,small fishes are to be employed.In a food-chain food passes through a number of mouths and en route the mouth of the superfeeder-the eagle.The size of the ecosystem is determined by its population.But this has been proved false.What can you infer from above?(4 choices)
39)In Bangalore,during income tax deduction for a single person,the percentage increased by 3% and for middle house-holders,it decreased by 3%.What can you infer?
40)In China,Mao-Tse ?Tung was responsible for organizing its people and taking China into success path.It evolved into a great economic power by improved industrial and economical statistics.China prospered in those years,but_________________Which of the following best completes the sentence?(4 choices)
41)A ridge formed over Pacific Ocean was because of the intersection of two volcanoes.But in history it was written that it was not due to those volcanoes.It proves a contradictory to form the view that history will be proved wrong in the future.Inference?
42)In a poultry form because of cloning,a large breed of hens were produced.This increased the production but the maintenance was very difficult because of the large number.This does not mean that cloning is a disaster in the scientific world but it is a tool which in some ways is constructive but in other ways ,it is destructive.Inference?
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.