Capgemini Placement Paper Whole Testpaper SVITS ,Indore-21 Sep 2008
CAPGEMINI PAPER ON 21st SEPTEMBER AT INDORE
Written Exam held on 20th september In Writtern Exam there are 50 Questions.. 25 - Apptitude 25 - LR
For clearing the written exam you must do the previous year papers (R.S Agarwal) An employee has to allocate offices to 6 staff members. The offices are no. 1-6. the offices are arranged in a row and they are separated from each other by dividers>hence voices, sounds and cigarette smoke flow easily from one office to another Miss R needs to use the telephone quite often throughout the day. Mr. M and Mr. B need adjacent offices as they need to consult each other often while working. Miss H is a senior employee and his to be allotted the office no. 5, having the biggest window. Mr. D requires silence in office next to his. Mr. T, Mr. M and Mr. D are all smokers. Miss H finds tobacco smoke allergic and consecutively the offices next to hers are occupied by non-smokers. Unless specifically stated all the employees maintain an atmosphere of silence during office hrs. 1) The ideal candidate to occupy office farthest from Mr. B will be i. Miss H ii. Mr. M iii. Mr. T iv. Mr. D 2) The three employees who are smokers should be seated in the offices i. 1 2 4 ii. 2 3 6 iii. 1 2 3 iv. 1 2 3 3) The ideal office for Mr. M would be i. 2 ii. 6 iii. 1 iv. 3 4) In the event of what occurrence within a period of one month since the assignment of the offices would a request for a change in office be put forth by one or more employees? i. Mr. D quitting smoking ii. Mr. T taking over duties formally taken care of by Miss R iii. The installation of a water cooler in Miss H?s office iv. Mr. B suffering from anemia Direction for Qn 5) Elle is 3 times older than Zaheer. Zaheer is ½ as old as Waheeda. Yogesh is elder than Zaheer. What is sufficient to estimate Elle?s age? i. Zaheer is 10 yrs old ii. Yogesh and Waheeda are both older than Zaheer by the same no of yrs. iii. Both of the above iv. None of the above 6) Which one of the following statements can be inferred from the info above i. Yogesh is elder than Waheeda ii. Elle is older than Waheeda iii. Elle?s age may be less than that of Waheeda iv. None of the above
Ten coins are distr. Among 4 people P, Q, R, S such that one of them gets a coin, another gets 2 coins,3rd gets 3 coins, and 4th gets 4 coins. It is known that Q gets more coins than P, and S gets fewer coins than R
a. If the no. of coins distr. To Q is twice the no. distr. to P then which one. is necessarily true? i. R gets even no. of coins ii. R gets odd no. of coins iii. S gets even no. of coins iv. S gets odd no. of coins
b. If R gets at least two more coins than S which one of the following is necessarily true? i. Q gets at least 2 more coins than S ii. Q gets more coins than P iii. P gets more coins than S iv. P and Q together get at least five coins
c. If Q gets fewer coins than R, then which one of the following is not necessarily true? i. P and Q together get at least 4 coins ii. Q and S together get at least 4 coins iii.R and S together get at least 5 coins iv.P and R together get at least 5 coins
7) In a race from pt. X to pt Y and back, Jack averages 0 miles/hr to pt Y and 10 miles/hr back to pr X. Sandy averages 20 miles/hr in both directions. If Jack and Sandy start race at same tIme, who?ll finish 1st Jack Sandy they tie Impossible to tell
8) A man engaged a servant on a condition that he?ll pay Rs 90 and also give him a bag at the end of the yr. He served for 9 months and was given a turban and Rs 65. So the price of turban is . Rs 10 19 0 55
9) Three wheels make 36, 24, 60 rev/min. Each has a black mark on it. It is aligned at the start of the qn.When does it align again for the first time? 14 20 22 5 sec
10) If 1= (3/4)(1+ (y/x) ) then I. x=3y ii. x=y/3 iii. x=(2/3)y iv. None
11) The sum of six consecutive odd nos. is 888. What is the average of the nos.? I. 147 ii. 148 iii. 149 iv. 146
12) Find min value of fn:
|-5-x| + |2-x|+|6-x|+10-x|; where x is an integer 0 /17 /23 /19
13) units digit in expansion os 2 raised to 51 is: 2 /4 /6 /8
14) 2 men at same tym start walking towards each other from A n B 72 kms apart. sp of A is 4kmph.Sp of B is 2 kmph in 1st hr,2.5 in 2nd, 3 in rd. n so on?when will they meet
i in 7 hrs ii at 35 kms from A iii in 10 hrs iv midway
15) (8*76+19*?-60) / (?*7*12+3-52)=1
5 2 1 3
16) 45 grinders brought @ 2215/-.transpot expense 2190/-.2760/-on octroi . Find SP/piece to make profit of 20%
2585 2225 2670 3325
17) in a 2 digit no unit?s place is halved and tens place is doubled.diff bet the nos is 37.digit in unit?s place is 2 more than tens place.
24 46 42 none
18) if x-y + z = 19 , y + z =20 , x-z=3 , find d value of x+4y-5z
22 38 17 none
19) Find approx value of 39.987/0.8102+1.987*18.02
72 56 86 44
20) If the ratio of prod of 3 diff comp?s A B & C is 4:7:5 and of overall prod last yr was 4lac tones and if each comp had an increase of 20% in prod level this yr what is the prod of Comp B this yr?
2.1L 22.1L 4.1L none
21). If 70% of a no. is subtracted from itself it reduces to 81.what is two fifth of that no.?
108 54 210 none
22). If a certain sum of money at SI doubles itself in 5 yrs then what is d rate?
5% 20% 25% 14.8%
23). If radius of cylinder and sphere r same and vol of sphere and cylinder r same what is d ratio betn the radius and height of the cylinder
i. R= H ii. R= (3/4)H iii. R = (4/3)H iv. R=2/3H
24) Which one of the foll fractions is arranged in ascending order
i. 9/11 ,7/9,11/13,13/14
25). A is 4 yrs old and B is thrice A>when A is 12 yrs, how old will B be? 16 20 24 28
26). Boat goes downstream from P to Q in 2hrs, upstream in 6hrs and if speed of stream was ½ of boat in still water. Find dist PQ 6 4 10 none
A robot moves on a graph sheet with x-y axes. The robot is moved by feeding it with a sequence of instructions. The different instructions that can be used in moving it, and their meanings are:
GOTO(x,y) move to pt with co-ord (x,y) no matter where u are currently
WALKX(P) move parallel to x-axis through a distance of p, in the +ve direction if p is +ve and in ?ve if p is ?ve
WALKY(P) move parallel to y-axis through a distance of p, in the +ve direction if p is +ve and in ?ve if p is ?ve
27) The robot reaches point (5,6) when a sequence of 3 instr. Is executed, the first of which is GOTO(x,y) , WALKY(2), WALKY(4). What are the values of x and y?
i. 2,4 ii. 0,0 iii. 3,2 iv 2,3
28) The robot is initially at (x.y), x>0 and y<0. The min no. of Instructions needed to be executed to bring it to origin (0,0) if you are prohibited from using GOTO instr. Is:
i. 2 ii. 1 iii. x + y iv. 0
Direction for Qn 1-8
Ans A using I only
Ans B using II only
Ans C using both I and II
Ans D not solvable
Raman and Gaurav Brought eggs from a vendor. How many eggs were bought by each of them
i. Raman bought half as many as Gaurav
ii. The dealer had a stock of 500 eggs at the beginning of day
What is the age of Ramprakash?
i. Ramprakash was born when his father was 26 yrs old
ii. Ramprakash?s mothers age is 3yrs less than his father?s
How much time is reqd for downloading the software?
i. The Data transfer rate is 6 kbps
ii. The size of the software is 4.5 megabytes
Sanjay and Vijay started their journey from Mumbai to Pune. Who reached Pune first?
i. Sanjay overtakes two times Vijay and Vijay overtakes Sanjay two times
ii. Sanjay started first
Is the GDP of country X higher than Country Y?
i. GDP?s of X and Y has been increasing at a compounded annual growth rate of 5% and 6% over he past 5 yrs
ii. 5 yrs ago GDP of X was 1.2 times Y
A boat can ferry 1500 passengers across a river in 12 hrs. How many round trips does it make during the journey?
i. The boat can carry 400 passengers at a time
ii. During its journey, the boat takes 40 mins time each way and 20 mins waiting time at each end.
What are the values of m and n?
i. n is an even integer, m is odd integer and m is greater than n.
ii. The product of m and n is 30
How much is the weight of 20 mangoes and 30 oranges?
i. 1 orange weighs twice that of 1 mango
ii. 2 mangoes and 3 oranges weigh 2 kg
Direction for Qn 9-12
Five teams participated in Pepsi Cup. Each team played against each other. The top teams played finals. A win fetched 2 pts and a tie 1 point
1) South Africa were in the finals
2) India defeated SA but failed to reach the finals
3) Australia lost only one match in the tournament
4) The match between India and Sri Lanka was a tie
5) The undefeated team in the league matches lost in the finals
6) England was one of the best teams that did not qualify
Who were the finalists?
i. SA & India ii. Aus & SL iii. SA & SL iv. none
Who won the finals?
i. Aus ii. SL iii. SA iv. Can?t be determined
How many matches did India Win?
i. 0 ii. 1 iii. 2 iv. can?t be determined
What was the outcome of the India England Match
i. India won ii. England won iii. It was a tie iv. Can?t be determined
Direction for Qn 13-14
These qns are based on situations given below:
7 Uni crick players are to be honored at a special luncheon. The players will be seated on a dais along one side of a single rectangular table.
A and G have to leave the luncheon early and must be seated at the extreme right end of table, which is closest to exit.
B will receive Man of the Match and must be in the centre chair
C and D who are bitter rivals for the position of Wicket keeper dislike one another and should be seated as far apart as possible
E and F are best friends and want to seat together.
Which of the foll may not be seated at either end of the table?
i. C ii. D iii. G iv. F
Which of the foll pairs may not be seated together?
i. E & A ii. B & D iii. C & F iv. G & D
Salad problem.. Four girls Robin, Mandy, Stacy, Erica of four families Miller, Jacob, Flure and Clark prepare four salads using the fruits Apples cherries bananas, grapes .Each girls uses 3 fruits in her salad. No body have the same combination.
1 )Robin not a Miller girl uses apples. 2) Miller and Mandy uses apples and cherries. 3) Clark uses cherries and grapes but Flure uses only one of them. 4)Erica is not Clark nor Flure. htt
Then 4 questions asked.
1. Which is robins family: a. Miller b. Jacob c.Flure d.Clark
2. Which fruit is not used by Mandy? aa a. Cherries b. Grapes c. Apples d. Bananas
3. Which is the combination by Erica?
a. Apples, cherries, Bananas b. Apples, Cherries, Grapes c. Apples, Grapes, Bananas d. Cherries, Grapes, Bananas
4. Which is robin's fruit combination?
a. Apples, cherries, Bananas b. Apples, Cherries, Grapes c. Apples, Grapes, Bananas d. Cherries, Grapes, Bananas
q7. Refer to the following data & Ans was the following questions.
S L I D E
(-) D E A N
3 6 5 1 each of 7 digits from 1,2,3,4,5,6 & 9 is represented by letter in the subtraction of problem above.
Q7. (a) Which letter is represented by the number ?3?
(b) Which letter is represented by the no ?5? ?
(c) Which no is presented by the letter ?E? ?
(d) Which letter is presented by the no ?6?
(e) Which letter is presented by the no ?1?
1. A garrison had provision for a certain number of days. After 10 days, 1/5 of the men desert and it is found that the provisions will now last just as long as before. How long was that? a. 15 b. 25 c. 35 d. 50 2. Find the equation whose roots are 9 and 5? 3. Find the 20th term from the last in the sequence 3,7,11............407 ? 4. The sum of first 20 numbers in an A.P. is equal to the sum of first 30 numbers. Find the sum of first 50 numbers of the A.P.? 5. Find the next term in series - Y W U S Q O M ? a. P b. J c. L d. None of these. 6. Find the missing term in series - 1, 27, 125, ?, 729 7. Find the next term in series - 25, 37, 49, 61, ?
HR : Some Question related to resume HR : About Strenghts.& Example HR : About Weakness & example HR : Why Capgemini..? HR : one puzzle HR : Atlast they told to me to ask any question Finally they select 20 student from our college & i am one of them
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.