Accenture Placement Paper Whole Testpaper MJCET-7 Aug 2006
Section 1 - Verbal Ability
No.of Quesrions:20 Durarion in Minutes: 20
Assessments by MeritTrac
Section 1 -Verbal Ability
No. of Questions: 20
Duration in Minutes: 20
Directions for Questions 1-3:
Choose the option which will correctly fill the blank.
1) I am writing to enquire _________the possibility of hiring a conference room at the hotel on the 2nd of September.
A) Of B) About C) Into D) After
2) _________ having her lunch, she stood - the tree and waited _______ him.
A) With, below, for
B) After, under, for
C) Inside, further, to
D) About, across, into
3) The microscopic animals are the primary food for larval cod and their decline has meant that fewer fish are making it to adulthood to be caught_________ trawlermen.
A) In B) Into C) By D).With
Directions for Questions 4-6:
Choose the word nearest in meaning to the word in ITALICS from the given options.
4) The jacket is impervious to water.
A) Dirty B) Pure C) Impenetrable D) Favorable
5) Chandan was chagrined with the continuous disruption of the power supply to his home.
A) Delighted B) Creation C) Peeved D) Security
6) The latest ordinance issued by the government has provided the bank with two options.
A) Decision B) Law C) Opinion D) Verdict
Directions for Questions 7-10:
Choose the answer option which will correctly fill the blank.
7)_________ great writer is convinced that whatever he says is not an echo or imitation of what others have said.
D) No article required
8) ________ Reserve Bank of India directed banks to closely watch _______spending through International Debit Cards.
A)A,the B) The, the C) The, a . D) .-\n, the
9) The officer received _____ official letter from _____ Ministry of IT in _____ Central Government.
A) A, the, an
C) An, the, the
B) A, an, the
D) An, an, the
10) You CANNOT send out ______uneducated man into ______ world of technology and expect him to perform.
A) An, an B) A, an C ) An, the D) The, an
Directions for Questions 11-15:
Readthe passage and answer the questions that follow on the basis of the information provided in the passage.
Microprocessor is an electronic computer Central Processing Unit (CPU) made from miniaturized transistors and other circuit elements on a single semiconductor Integrated Circuit (IC). Before the advent of microprocessors, electronic CPUs were made from individual small-scale Integrated Circuits
containing the equivalent of only a few transistors. By integrating the processor onto one or a very few large-scale Integrated Circuit packages (containing the equivalent of thousands or millions of discrete transistors), the cost of processor power was greatly reduced. The evolution of microprocessors has been known to follow Moore 's Law when it comes to steadily increasing performance over the years. This law suggests that the complexity of an Integrated Circuit with respect to minimum component cost will double in about 18 months. From humble beginnings as the drivers for calculators, the continued increase in power has led to the dominance of microprocessors over every other form of computer; every system from the largest mainframes to the smallest handheld computers now uses a microprocessor at their core. .As with many advances in technology, the microprocessor was an idea wbose time had come. Three projects arguably delivered a complete microprocessor at about the same time: Intel's 4004, Texas Instruments' TMS1000, and Garrett AiResearch's Central Air Data Computer. .
A computer-on-a-chip is a variation of a microprocessor, which combines the microprocessor core (CPU), some memory, and I/O (input/output) lines, all on one chip. The proper meaning of microcomputer is a computer using a (number of) microprocessor(s) as its CPU(s), while the concept of the patent is somewhat more similar to a micro controller.
11) Which of the following descriptions would NOT fit a microprocessor?
A) Electronic computer
B) Central Processing Unit
C) Memory disk
D) A single integrated chip circuit.
12) Select the TRUE statement from the following.
A) 11icroprocessors and computers on a chip are variations of each other.
B) Integration of processing power on chips has made processing power cheaper.
C) Before microprocessors, CPUs were not made from individual small scale ICs.
D) A microprocessor circuit only has transistors in it.
13) Which of the following was NOT the first to develop a microprocessor?
C) Texas Instruments
14) According to the passage, which of these is NOT a use of microprocessors?
A) Drivers for calculators
B) Core for large mainframes
C) Advanced mobile phones
D) Used for small handheld computers
15) "A number of microprocessors at its CPU" is an apt description of a:
Directions for Questions 16-20:
Read the passage and answer the questions that follow on the basis of the information provided in the passage.
Dynamic Link Libraries
Windows provides several files called dynamic link libraries (DLLs) that contain collections of software code that perform common functions such as opening or saving a file. When Windows application wants to use one of those functions or routines, the app sends a message to Windows with the names of the DLL file and the function. This procedure is known as calling a function. One of the most frequently used DLLs is Windows COMMDLG.DLL, which includes among others, the functions to display File Open, File Save, Search, and Print dialog boxes. The application also sends any information the DLL function will need to complete the operation. For example, a program calling the Open File function in COMMDLG.DLL would pass along a file spec, such as *. * or *.DOC, to be displayed in the dialog box's Filename text box. The application also passes along a specification for the type of information it expects the DLL to return to the application when the DLL's work is done. The application, for example, may expect return information in the form of integers, true/false values, or text. Windows passes the responsibility for program execution to the DLL, along with the parameters and the return information the DLL will need. The specific DLL is loaded into memory, and then executed by the processor. At this point the DLL, rather than the application, runs things. The DLL performs all the operations necessary to communicate with Windows and, through Windows, with the PC's hardware. After the DLL function is complete, the DLL puts the return information into
memory, where it can be found by the application, and instructs Windows to remove the DLL routine from memory. The application inspects the return information, which usually tells whether the DLL function was able to execute correctly. If the operation was a success, the application continues from where it left off before issuing the function call. If the operation failed, the application displays an error message.
16) By using DLLs, Windows:
A) Saves processing time
C) Shares program code
D) Communicates with PCs hardware
17) To use any routine of a DLL, Windows:
A) Searches and copies it in the application code and executes it
B) Loads the DLL file and searches and executes the routine
C) Loads just the required routine in memory and executes it
D) Searches the location of the routine and instructs the application to execute it
18) Which information does an application need to passto Windows to use a DLL routine?
A) Just the name of the routine
B) Just the name of the DLL, which finds in turn the routine to be executed in return
C) Both the name of the routine as well as DLL and any parameters
D) Name of the DLL, routine, any parameters and type of information to be returned
19) According to the passage, while the DLL routine is executing, the calling application:
A) Waits for the routine to execute
B) Continues with other tasks
C) Helps the DLL routine perform by communicating with Windows and through Windows with the PC's hardware
D) Passes all responsibility of program execution to the DLL and is removed from memory
20) The DLL function after execution returns:
A) The parameters and information into memory, where it can be inspected by the calling application
B) Information into memory, where it can be inspected by the calling application
C) To the calling application the information required by it so that it can inspect it
D) The information required into memory so that DLL can inspect whether the function operation was a success
Section 2 -Analytical Ability
No. of Questions: 20
21) 70 students are required to paint a picture. 52 use green color and some children use red, 38 students use both the colors. How many students use red color?
A) 24 B) 42 C) 56 D)70
22) At an international conference, 100 delegates spoke English, 40 spoke French, and 20 spoke both English and French. How many delegates could speak at least one of these two languages?
A) 110 B) 100 C) 140 D) 120
23) A group of 50 students were required to clear 2 tasks, one in rock-climbing and the other in bridge crossing during an adventure sports expedition. 30 students cleared both the tasks. 37 cleared bridge crossing, 38 students cleared rockclimbing.
How many students could not clear any task?
A)0 B)3 C)5 D) 9
24)A dance instructor conducts annual workshops in which he holds sessions for basic learners and trainers. In a particular year, 2000 people attended the workshop. 1500 participated as learners and 800 as trainers. How many participated as only trainers?
A) 200 B) 500 C) 800 D) 1500
25) In a group of 400 readers who read science fiction or literacy works or both, 250 read science fiction and 230 read literacy works. How many read both science fiction and literacy works?
A) 80 B) 160 C) 220 D) 400
26) A man said to a lady, ''Your mother's husband's sister is my aunt." How is the lady related to the man?
B) Grand daughter
27) A man is facing west. He turns 45degree in the clockwise direction and then another 180 degree in the same direction and then 270 degree in the anticlockwise direction. Which direction is he facing now?
A) South B) North-West C) West D) South-West
28) In a row of 60, if Ram is standing at 17th from the first, what is his position from the last?
A) 25 B) 43 C)44 D) 45
29) A man is facing northwest. He turns 90 degrees in the clockwise direction and then 135degrees in the anti-clockwise direction. Which direction is he facing now?
A) East B) West C) North D) South
30) What three letter word bestcompletes the below words?
VA - __E
- - _ER
A) STR B)TER C) CAT D) \\fAT
Directions for Questions 31-35:
In the following questions mark:
1. if the question can be answered with the help of statement I alone.
2, if the question can be answered with the help of statement II alone.
3, if the question can be answered with the help of both I and II.
4, if the question cannot be answered at all.
31) What is the value of P?
I. P and Q are integers
II. PQ = 10, P + Q =5
32) Who got the highest score in the Mathematics examination, among Sumit, Amit and Namit. No two students got the
I. Sumit got more marks than Namit.
II. Amit did not get lesser marks than Sumit, who did not get lesser marks than Namit.
B) 2 .
33) How many hours does it take some boys and girls in a camp to put up the tent?
I. There are 4 boys and 7 girls.
II. A girl can put up the tent in 5 hours and a boy can put up the tent in 3 hours.
34) If p, q, r, s and t are in an Arithmetic Progression, is r the largest among them?
II. p, q < 0
35) Is X a whole number, if X > O?
I. 2X is an even number.
II. 3X is an odd number.
Directions for Questions 36-40:
In a certain code, the symbol for 0 (zero) is. * and that for 1 is $. The numb.:rs greater than 1 are to be written only by using the two symbols given above. The value of the symbol for 1 doubles itself every time it shifts one place to the left.
(For example, 4 is written as $**; and; 3 is written as $$)
36) 11x 17 / 10 + 2 x 5 + 3 / 10 can also be represented as:
37) 260 can be represented as:
38) 60 / 17 can also be represented as:
A) $$$*$*** / $$**$$
B) $$$***** / $$**$$
C) $*$$*$** / $$**$$
D) $$*$*$** / $$**$$
39) $***$ can be represented as:
A) $$$ / $*
B) $*$**- $$
C) $*$*$- $$
D) $$$***$ - $$
40) 30^2 can be represented as:
A) ($$*$$ ) $*+ $*$*$$*$
B) ($$*$$ ) $* + $$****$
C) ( $$*$$ ) $$ + $*$****
D) ( $$*$$ ) $$ + $*$**$
Section 3 - Attention To Detail
No. of Questions: 11
Duration in Minutes: 11
Directions for Questions 41-45:
Follow the directions given below to answer the questions that follow.
Your answer for each question below would be:
A., if ALL THREE items given in the question are exactly ALIKE.
B, if only the FIRST and SECOND items are exactly ALIKE.
C, if only the FIRST and THIRD items are exactly ALIKE.
D, if only the SECOND and THIRD items are exactly ALIKE.
E, if ALL THREE items are DIFFERENT.
41)LLMLLLKLMPUU, LLMLLLKLMPUU, LLMLLLKLMPUU
A) A B)B C)C D)D E)E
42) 0452-9858762, 0452-9858762, 0452-9858762
A) A B)B C)C D)D E)E
43) NIINIININN, NIININNINN ,NIINIININN
A) A B)B C)C D)D E)E
44) 4665.8009291, 4665.7999291, 4665.8009291
A) A B) B . C)C D)D E)E
45)808088080.8080, 808008080.8080, 808088080.8080
46) If* standsfor /, / stands for -,+ stands for * and -stands for +, then 9/8*7+5-10=?
47) If* stands for /, / stands for -,+ stands for * and -stands for +, then 9/15*9+2-9=?
48) If * stands for /, / stands for -, + stands for * and - stands for +, then which of the following is TRUE?
A) 36/12*4+50-8 =-106
B) 12*8/4+50-8 =45.5
C) 36*4/12+36-8 = 4.7
D) 8*36/4+50-8 = 300
Set: 3648(A) ver-Z.O For: Aecenture IDC
Directions for Questions 49-49:
In the following questions, the following letters indicate mathematical operations as indicated below:
V: Equal to
W: Greater than
X: Less than
Out of the four alternatives given in these questions, only one is coccect according to the above letter symbols. Identify the coccect one.
49) See the options given below
A) 6 S 7 A 2 M 3 W 0 D 7
B) 6 A 7 S 2 M 3 W 0 A 7
C) 6 S 7 M 2 S 3 W 0 M 7
D) 6 M 7 S 2 A 3 X 0 D 7
50) If * stands for -,/ stands for +, + stands for / and -stands for *, then which of the following is TRUE?
A) 16/8*6+90-12 =23.2
B) 8*12/6+90-12 =7.2
C) 16*6/8+16-12 =-4.1
D) 12*16/6+90-12 =8
51) If * stands for -,/ stands for +, + stands for / and -stands for * , then which of the following is TRUE?
A) 16*4/18+16-8 = -10.1
B) 18*8/4+40-8 =-2.8
C) 16/18*4+40-8 =33.2
D) 8*16/4+40-8 =-2
Directions for Questions 52-55:
For the post of a m'anager of a leading call centre -Arkade Inc. - situated in Ludhiana, the following are the criteria the
candidate must satisfy:
-The candidate should have a Management Degree.
-The candidate should have at least 4 years of similar experience at-another call center.
- The candidate should be more than 30 years of age as on the 1st of July 2003.
- The candidate should have 6 months of international exposure, i.e. should have been posted in a foreign country.
. If a candidate does not satisfy the 1st condition but has more than 2 years of international experience, then the VP
operations, will interview him.
. If a candidate does not satisfy the 4th condition, then the HR manager will interview him.
52) Shakuntala was selected for a managerial position in an international call center after she passed out from AIM Management Institute. After working for 3 years in the call center, she took a sabbatical. She is 29 years of age as on the date of application. She will be:
A) Interviewed only by the HR
B) Inte1'\;ewed only by the VP
D) Data insufficient
53) Rajiv has been working as a Manager in Zephyr Inc. for 4 years now. He is an Engineering graduate from a premier engineering institute. His certificate lists his date of birth as 17/12/1974. He has worked in the hotel industry at the executive level. He is:
A) Give an aptitude test
B) Interviewed by the VP
C) Data insufficient
D) Not considered
54) Soma has 2 years of experience in Welsh Inc. and 2 years of experience in Franc Inc., both leading call centers, as a manager. She has a management degree from a premier management organization. She turned 30 this December (2002). She is a B.Com Graduate from St. Xavier's, Calcutta . If she applies for the post, she will:
A) Be interviewed directly by the VP Operations
B) Not be considered
C) Be interviewed by the HR
D) Have to give an aptitude test
55) Salina has over 4 years of experience in Care Touch, a leading call center, as a manager. She completed her MBA
from Ranchi and worked in Singapore for UNO for 2 years before joining Care Touch. She will be:
C) Interviewed by dIe VP Operations
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.