3i Infotech Placement Paper General - Other -20 Feb 2010
Recruitment of Software Trainees INFORMATION HANDOUT
This booklet contains details pertaining to various aspects of the examination you are going to undertake and important instructions about the related matters. A computerised machine will do the assessment of the answersheet; hence you should carefully read instructions regarding handling of the answersheet and the method of marking answers. You are advised to study this booklet carefully as it will help you in preparing yourself for the examination.
Before appearing for the written examination, you should strictly ensure yourself that you fulfill the eligibility criteria stipulated by the Organisation in all respects. The Organisation will reject at any stage of selection, any candidate who does not satisfy the eligibility criteria.
Please note that this is a competitive examination; mere passing is not adequate. You have to obtain a high rank in the order of merit to be considered for interview. You should therefore put in your best effort in the examination.
1. Particulars to be noted: Please note carefully your Roll Number, Date, Time and Venue for the examination given in the call-letter.
2. Punctuality in Attendance: Candidates should be present at the examination hall at the time given in the Call-letter. Candidates arriving late will not be permitted to enter the Examination Hall.
3. Call-letter to be signed and surrendered: The call letter should be brought when you arrive at the venue for the examination alongwith your recent passport size photograph duly pasted on it. You will be required to sign in the examination hall on your call letter in the space provided for the candidate's signature in the presence of the invigilator. (Do not sign in this space on the call letter unless the invigilator instructs you to do so.) The call letter should be surrendered to the invigilator at the examination venue.
4. Specimen answersheet and how to fill bio-data information on it: You will get an answersheet. The last sheet of this booklet is a sample of Answersheet. Fill in your Bio-data information on this answersheet for YOUR practice and BRING IT with you to the examination hall.
How to fill in the bio-data information on the answersheet is explained and shown hereafter on a sample of Answersheet. You will get answersheets in the examination hall on which you will have to copy your bio-data Information already filled-in by you.
5. Compliance with instructions: You should scrupulously follow the instructions given by test administrators and the invigilators at the examination venue at all stages of the examination for which you have been called. If you violate the instructions you will be disqualified and may also be asked to leave the examination hall.
6. Use of Books, Notes & Calculators: No calculator (separate or with watch), books, slide rulers, note books or written notes will be allowed inside the examination hall.
7. Copying or receiving/giving assistance not allowed: Any candidate who is found either copying or receiving or giving assistance during the examination will not be considered for assessment. The Organisation may take further action against such candidates as deemed fit by it.
8. Use of HB Pencil and Ball Pen: You should bring with you two commonly available HB Pencils, a Pencil Sharpener, an Eraser and a Ball Point Pen. Two pencils are advised to avoid mending a pencil during the examination as you may lose time. Using HB Pencil only also should mark all the answers on Side 2.
9. Handling Answersheet: Please handle your answersheet carefully. Keep it dust free. If it is mutilated, torn, folded, wrinkled, rolled or dusty, it may not be valued. Similarly, if you do not write your Roll Number and Test Form No. in Box Nos.14 and 17 respectively, your answersheet will NOT be assessed. Answersheets and question papers will be supplied by the Organisation. After the test is over, you should hand over the same to the invigilator before leaving the room. No candidate will be permitted to take exercise material outside the examination venue.
10. One Single Answer sheet: For all the objective tests there will be a single answer sheet.
11. Write Roll No. On the Test Booklet: You should write your Roll No. in the space provided on the cover page.
HOW TO SHOW YOUR ANSWERS:
Each question is followed by answers, which are numbered 1,2,3,4 and 5. Select the most appropriate answer. Then by using HB Pencil, blacken the oval bearing the correct answer against the serial number of the question. (Refer to Side 2 of the Specimen Answersheet). Please note that the oval should be dark enough and should be filled in completely. For example, if the answer to Question Number 2, is answer number 5, it is shown as follows:
Q.2. 1 2 3 4 5
HOW TO CHANGE YOUR ANSWER:
If you wish to change your answer, ERASE COMPLETELY the already darkened oval by using good quality eraser and then blacken the new oval bearing your revised answer number. While changing the answer, erasing the earlier answer completely is extremely essential. If it is not erased completely, smudges will be left on the erased oval as shown below and the question will be read as having two answers and will be ignored for giving any credit.
Q.2. 1 2 3 4 5
(Smudge left in Oval No.3 due to bad eraser, and the fresh answer in Oval No.4 will be read as two answers 3 and 4 and therefore no credit will be given even if the answer No.4 happens to be the correct answer).
How to fill up Bio-data Information
1. The information is to be filled in by you in box 1-11, 13, 14,15 & 17 on Side 1, and in box 29 on Side 2 of the answervsheet.
2. You have to fill in information in boxes 1-11 by using ballpoint pen.
3. Information in boxes 13, 14, 15 and 17 on Side 1 and 29 on Side 2 are to be filled in by using HB pencil only.
4. Boxes, which have been crossed out in the specimen answersheet, are to be left blank. Do not write anything there nor darken the ovals in these boxes. Now please refer to Side 1 and 2 of the Specimen Answersheet while reading the following description:
Full Name of the Candidate (Box No.1): You have to write in capitals your full name in English as given in the call-letter in the space provided using ballpoint pen.
Other information (Box Nos.2 to 7): You will find that the information asked for in the boxes from 2 to 7 can be filled in easily. Fill in the information by using ballpoint pen.
Test Booklet Serial Number, Test Battery Number and Test Form Number (Information required in boxes 8-10): Test Booklet Serial Number, Test Battery Number and Test Form Number (Information required in Boxes 8-10) are printed on the test booklet. You have to copy this number using ballpoint pen from the test booklet you will receive at the time of examination.
Signature of Candidates & Invigilator (Box No.11 & 12): Here both have to put his/her signatures.
Candidate's Name (Box No.13): There is a row of 10 boxes for writing the name. Just below each box you will find a column of 26 ovals each containing a letter of the alphabet. The top oval in each contains a letter 'A' whereas the last oval bears 'Z'. See how the candidate has written her name in capitals by entering one letter in each box using HB pencil, and has blackened the appropriate oval under each box. Please note that the candidate has left one box and respective column of ovals blank between two parts of her name. If your name contains more letters write only the first letters, which you can accommodate in the Boxes provided.
Candidate's Roll Number (Box No.14): You will be assigned 8-digit roll number by the organization. There is a row of 8 boxes provided to write the roll number. Just below each box there are 10 ovals numbered from 1 to 9 and 0. See how the candidate has written her roll number in the boxes, entering one digit in each box by using HB pencil and has blackened the appropriate oval under each box. You have to write your roll number on the test booklet also in the space provided for it.
Post Code (Box No.15): Please enter and darken your Educational Category Code in this Box. The Educational Category Codes are given below:
Also write your Educational Category in Box No.6 with Ballpoint pen on the answersheet.
Test Form No. (Box No.17): You will have to write the test form number (3 digits) in Box No.17. Write each of the digits in the boxes provided and blacken the appropriate ovals by HB pencil.
Roll Number (Box No.29): Write your Roll Number by HB pencil in this box at the left hand bottom corner of Side 2 of the answersheet.
The written examination will comprise following objective type tests. The details of these tests are given below.
NAME OF TEST
Test of English Language
Composite time of 90 minutes for all the tests together
Test of Quantitative Aptitude
Test of Reasoning
All the tests will be Objective type with five alternative choices out of which one will be the correct answer. All these three tests would be in a composite test booklet. There will be a separate answersheet for indicating your answers. All these 150 questions would be printed serially from Q.No.1 to Q.No.150. You may attempt the questions in any order you like in a given time for the set of questions. However, in your own interest you are advised not to spend too much time on any one test. To qualify in the written examination, it is necessary to pass in each one of the objective tests separately. The qualifying criteria will be decided by the Organisation.
All the objective tests will be printed in English only.
Please note that the types of questions for all the tests are only illustrative and not exhaustive. In the actual examination you will find questions of higher difficulty level on some or all of these types and also questions on the types not mentioned here.
Some sample questions are given below:
Q.1-2.Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical or idiomatic error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is ?5?. (Ignore the errors of punctuation, if any).
Q1. Most of the third world / country are experiencing / the ethnic or
communal problems / in varying degrees. No error
(3) (4) (5)
Q2. The regaining of freedom / as we all know /
has given rise for / many dormant issues and conflicts in our
society No error
Q.3-4. Pick out from the words given below each sentence the word which would
complete the sentence correctly and meaningfully.
Q.3. Continuous unemployment has induced in the people a kind
of ________ which is most depressing.
(1) laziness (2) encouragement (3) satisfaction (4) anger
Q.4. He wants me to look _______ his garden during his absence.
(1) at (2) over (3) after (4) into (5) for
Q.5. If 3 workers can collect 48 kgs cotton in 4 days, how much kgs cotton can 9 workers collect in 2 days ?
(1) 216 (2) 32 (3) 108 (4) 72 (5) None of these
Q.6. Sohanlal purchased 120 reams of paper at Rs.100 per ream. The xpenditure on transport was Rs.480. He had to pay an octroi duty of 50 paise per ream and the coolie charges were Rs.60. What should be the selling price of each ream if he wants a profit of 20% ?
(1) Rs.126 (2) Rs.115.50 (3) Rs.105 (4) Rs.120 (5) None of these
Q.7. The interest on a certain deposit at 9% per annum is Rs.405 in one year. How much will be the additional interest in one year on the same deposit at 10% per annum ?
(1) Rs.40.50 (2) Rs.450 (3) Rs.855 (4) Rs.45
(5) None of these
Q.8. The breadth of a rectangular hall is three-fifth of its length. If the area of the hall is 135 sq.m. what is the difference between the length and breadth of the hall in metres ?
(1) 3 (2) 6 (3) 9 (4) 15 (5) None of these
Also, there may be some questions based on graphs and tables.
Q.9-11. Directions : Given below is a table showing percentages out of a total of 700 employees ranking six attributes that help promotion. Rank I is the highest. Study the table carefully and answer questions that follow :
Seniority 32 17 22 19 5 5
Perseverance 14 19 17 9 27 14
Efficiency 15 19 21 14 14 17
Intelligence 10 14 10 14 17 35
Honesty 24 17 7 9 27 16
Socialibility 5 14 23 35 10 13
Q.9. Which attribute for promotion has received the highest rank?
(1) Perseverance(2) Seniority (3) Honesty (4) Sociability (5) Efficiency
Notice the percentage for rank I given in the table. You observe that seniority is the attribute with the highest percentage. So your answer is ?Seniority?, which is answer No.2.
Q.10. How many employees gave rank III to intelligence?
(1) 119 (2) 98 (3) 77 (4) 70 (5) 10
Look at the intersection of the column giving percentage for rank III and the row giving percentage for intelligence. You find that 10 percent of the 700 employees have given rank III to this attribute. 10% of 700 is 70. So your answer should be 4.
Q.11. Which attribute is considered the least important for Promotion?
(1) Honesty (2) Intelligence(3) Perseverance (4) Efficiency(5) Sociability
Referring to the percentage for VI rank, you find that intelligence is the attribute which receives the highest percentage. In other words, a majority of people considers it as the least important and gives it the last rank. Therefore your answer is 2.
Q.12. If (1) ?A * B? means ?A is the mother of B? and (II) ?A x B? means ?A is the husband of B?, which of the following shows ?P is the father of Q? ?
(1) Q * M x P (2) P * Q (3) Q * P (4) P x M * Q
(5)None of these
Q.13. Ashok is standing at P. He walks 10 metres towards the South; then he walks 20 metres towards the West; then he walks 10 metres towards the South; then he walks 20 metres towards the East; then he walks 5 metres towards the North and reaches Q. What is the straight distance between P and Q in metres ?
(1) Zero (2) 5 (3) 10 (4) 15 (5) None of these
IMPORTANT POINTS TO REMEMBER
1. You are advised to bring with you the following things:
(i) Call-letter with your identification document.
(ii) Completely filled in bio-data information on the sample answersheet provided at the end of this booklet.
(iii) Two HB pencils, a pencil sharpener and a good quality eraser.
(iv) One ballpoint pen.
2. While filling in the bio-data information on the Specimen Answersheet, please fill in YOUR bio-data information. The completed bio-data information on the sample answersheet will help you to fill the same information on the answersheet that will be given to you in the examination hall.
3. Kindly note that there will be penalty for wrong answers.
WISH YOU GOOD LUCK
2009-2016 downloadmela.com. All rights reserved.